Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

24 minutes ago, Wiggatronus said:

I made an account just to reply to this topic. Is there any update on fixes for this issue?

I hope so. I've been looking to get started on this and BL2/Pre-Sequel in anticipation for BL3. The developers do have a point, fixing a bug depends on finding the real cause and fixing it without screwing everything else up. I remember some games got patches to fix bugs but only end up making other bugs.

2 hours ago, dakk55 said:

I hope so. I've been looking to get started on this and BL2/Pre-Sequel in anticipation for BL3. The developers do have a point, fixing a bug depends on finding the real cause and fixing it without screwing everything else up. I remember some games got patches to fix bugs but only end up making other bugs.

I firmly believe that the issue is the dead bodies and body parts that stick around just use up data and space it gets overloaded then crashes but like I said in a previous post I found a work around and so far it's worked for everyone as far as I know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shouty31_ said:

I didnt crash at all when i was doing these 3 arena's but i went fast and used elemental weapons only maybe the game cant handle all the bodies on screen?

Yep fire and acid weapons incenerate/melt the enemies thus getting rid of the excess parts that's the work around I mentioned above :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yep fire and acid weapons incenerate/melt the enemies thus getting rid of the excess parts that's the work around I mentioned above :)

Ah. I'll make sure to get a good elemental gun when I get to Arena. Thanks for figuring out a workaround.

45 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

Ah. I'll make sure to get a good elemental gun when I get to Arena. Thanks for figuring out a workaround.

If you are using Lilith the siren she has a fire aura that greatly helps and you can equip her so when she goes invisible and visible she causes elemental damage incenerating or melting those in the blast radius.

It's not a perfect work around there's still a bit of luck on if the weapon will actually melt or incenerate but I think the weapon will tell you it's rate if success over all the weapons are great but Lilith is a definite Ace in the hole with her fire aura cause it has a near perfect incenerate rate depending how long it'll remain active and how long u can keep enemies lit so they dust out lol

If u don't use Lilith just focus on melting/incenerating as much as possible to minimize the bodies and body parts left over

• Like 1

So I did this for 2 of the arenas and it worked first try for both of them. If you're fortunate to have a partner to do these with, have them solo the last couple rounds (I started at 17). Just make sure that the host isn't doing anything because they are the only one who can game crash. Have the host stare at a wall or something at round 17 then do the rest. Also, I timed most of my runs and I would crash a little after 2 hours so if possible, try to beat each arena within 2 hours. I don't really think the time thing is a big deal but it would be nice if people followed up on me with the partner trick. If it works then it might be a solution to this stuff. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Skag's Gully just crashed on me during wave 17  with about 2 hours sunk into it. Fuck this DLC & rip getting 100% in Borderlands because of this hot flaming pile of garbage of a DLC. Whoever thought this DLC was a good idea was absolutely idiotic.

• Like 1

Seems fixed... I had no issues, used splitscreen for lower level enemies to speed things up and only used fire weapon as that might help as described before to reduce the number of bodyparts. Did it on a PS Pro in case that might help.. Still boring af though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCSFan001 said:

Got a message from someone saying they thought it had been fixed but still crashed on them on like round 18-19 so still not sure

This problem hasn't been fixed in any way, shape or form and there haven't been any patches since 1.03 was released just after the game came out a few months ago. All you can do is use the fire/corrosive weapons trick to reduce the amount of body parts lying around :(.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This problem hasn't been fixed in any way, shape or form and there haven't been any patches since 1.03 was released just after the game came out a few months ago. All you can do is use the fire/corrosive weapons trick to reduce the amount of body parts lying around :(.

there is a 1.04 patch

For anyone who's wondering, Patch 1.04 came out today. 

I just managed to get through The Gully without it crashing...in which case it crashed on me several weeks ago on The Gully on Round 14. So I either got really lucky, or the crashing issue is fixed. One down, two to go. 

I used fire weapons and had no crashes. Did the low level host trick. I was so bored I let my game go 6-8 hours (I would do a couple rounds and then leave to do something else). 

Either I'm really lucky or the fire weapons really help. 

As a side note, my alt account (the level 5 host) had all the Ned dlc trophies auto pop on split screen. Found that strange. 

• Like 1

It's officially NOT fixed. Hell-Burbia just crashed for me on Round 20 Wave 4. One more goddamn wave to go and it crashes. 2 hours of my fucking life I'll never get back. 

I'm not touching this pile of shit DLC again until Gearbox says a patch fixed it specifically. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's officially NOT fixed. Hell-Burbia just crashed for me on Round 20 Wave 4. One more goddamn wave to go and it crashes. 2 hours of my fucking life I'll never get back. 

I'm not touching this pile of shit DLC again until Gearbox says a patch fixed it specifically. 

I'm not sure they even investigate since alot of folks found and used the work around and are getting the trophies so gearbox probably figures they don't need to do anything

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm not sure they even investigate since alot of folks found and used the work around and are getting the trophies so gearbox probably figures they don't need to do anything

I would assume Gearbox would still want to fix their game for the average player. Most people aren't trophy hunters and this is still prone to crashing on people who don't care about trophies. Not to mention things like screen tearing, lag in the menu. and audio bugs weren't fixed in this latest patch. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys and girls. This bug still exists despite the fact that there was a patch and some people were saying it might have been fixed. It's not. I was kicked twice before on the first map, I believe it was The Gully, and it happened on round 18-19 twice. I was so pissed because I lost so much time on doing that and I abandoned the game for some time. Yesterday I decided to go back and try to do that. It worked for me after the 3rd time. I was so happy. Today I decided to do the second map (i'm going for 100% of the game) and I dunno, I was thinking it maybe is the problem of The Gully? And I was at the round 19, wave 4 and I was so happy that it was almost the end and then bam, CRASH. I went nuts. I am so mad at this. I've seen there might be a solution - playing with two people or two controllers but at this point I'm so pissed and I don't trust any of this. Why should we be getting a solution from other gamers when it clearly should be fixed at the first place? Gearbox has lost my trust and I was really looking forward to buy BL3 but at this point I don't know. They messed up on many levels, not only on this Moxxii bllsht. I got BL1 at the day of it's premiere and after a week or so I lost all of my golden keys out of nowhere. I sent them a ticket and they didn't do anything about that. So I'm really pissed at them. So guys, please be careful, wait for some time, I dunno, just don't risk playing it all over again, maybe we should make a thread and make Them see that it is a occurring problem and make them fix that. It shouldn't be like that. Also, I have a friend that his main platform is an Xbox and he had no problems whatsoever, he has 100% of the game and it never crashed for him, so yeah. Way to go PS4.

Edited by acidp4rn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, acidp4rn said:

Okay guys and girls. This bug still exists despite the fact that there was a patch and some people were saying it might have been fixed. It's not. I was kicked twice before on the first map, I believe it was The Gully, and it happened on round 18-19 twice. I was so pissed because I lost so much time on doing that and I abandoned the game for some time. Yesterday I decided to go back and try to do that. It worked for me after the 3rd time. I was so happy. Today I decided to do the second map (i'm going for 100% of the game) and I dunno, I was thinking it maybe is the problem of The Gully? And I was at the round 19, wave 4 and I was so happy that it was almost the end and then bam, CRASH. I went nuts. I am so mad at this. I've seen there might be a solution - playing with two people or two controllers but at this point I'm so pissed and I don't trust any of this. Why should we be getting a solution from other gamers when it clearly should be fixed at the first place? Gearbox has lost my trust and I was really looking forward to buy BL3 but at this point I don't know. They messed up on many levels, not only on this Moxxii bllsht. I got BL1 at the day of it's premiere and after a week or so I lost all of my golden keys out of nowhere. I sent them a ticket and they didn't do anything about that. So I'm really pissed at them. So guys, please be careful, wait for some time, I dunno, just don't risk playing it all over again, maybe we should make a thread and make Them see that it is a occurring problem and make them fix that. It shouldn't be like that. Also, I have a friend that his main platform is an Xbox and he had no problems whatsoever, he has 100% of the game and it never crashed for him, so yeah. Way to go PS4.

The useing fire/ acid weapons to fully melt/incenerate bodies and using Lilith's elemental fire/acid aura and blast (when she goes in and out of invisibility is the best known method so far it's not 100% but it's gotten the best success rate 

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

The useing fire/ acid weapons to fully melt/incenerate bodies and using Lilith's elemental fire/acid aura and blast (when she goes in and out of invisibility is the best known method so far it's not 100% but it's gotten the best success rate 

Thank You for your information, I might try that, let's just keep fingers crossed it will work.

• Like 1