Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

I played all 6 levels with my buddy in Online Co-Op with him as the host. Besides a bit of lag and some random massive screen tearing that forced us to stop moving for a second, gameplay was fine. We were both using an infinite shield and infinite damage shotgun imported from our PS3 saves, and the shotguns made tons of gibbly bits. We used those items to help speed through as quickly as possible, doing all the big levels in about 1 hour 40 minutes each. We did empty our inventories for everything besides our equipped items, and picked up any random weapons that were dropped besides the regular despawning ones at the end of the rounds. The game did crash twice only for me, not my buddy, when we were done playing a level and done playing for the time, so I quit to the main menu of the game, and upon the loading screen being pulled up, the game crashed. Trophies were fine, reloading the game to check my inventory, it was all fine. 

• 4 weeks later...

Reading through this thread and after finally completing this BS DLC without experiencing any crashes I think having a PS4 pro mitigates the risk of crashing. I imagine the extra power helps deal with all the body parts (I still used the alt account method with a 4x fire sniper)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtpiceman said:

Reading through this thread and after finally completing this BS DLC without experiencing any crashes I think having a PS4 pro mitigates the risk of crashing. I imagine the extra power helps deal with all the body parts (I still used the alt account method with a 4x fire sniper)

You just got lucky, because I know people with a Pro who had the same amount of crashes that the non-Pro owners had :(.

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to finish the first two without crashes thanks to the tips in the thread but the angelic ruins keeps giving me issues. I'm trying to be as carefully as possible about burning/melting the bodies but it's still making debris almost immediately which wasn't the case for the other two (after implementing burning method). I'm not sure what to do to finish this as i'm just using the same guns (RPG10 Helix Rocket Launcher with x4 fire, and DL21 C Pestilent Defiler with x4 corrosive - mostly just for guardians and burning psychos) that worked previously. Does anyone who has finished this have anything they wouldn't mind trading to me that will burn easily and possibly with less explosions or maybe a modded weapon so I can round skip? Last trophy too ? lol

• 1 month later...

Fuuuuuuucking hell dude, I got through Hell-Burbia and The Gully just fine but crashed on Round 19, Wave 4 of Angelic Ruins - so damn close! 

I hate this DLC so much. I used a highly corrosive pistol to try and mitigate the enemies being dismembered but there were still body parts everywhere because sometimes it obliterates them instead of melting them. Ugggggh I’m so livid. 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

If you are using Lilith the siren she has a fire aura that greatly helps and you can equip her so when she goes invisible and visible she causes elemental damage incenerating or melting those in the blast radius.

It's not a perfect work around there's still a bit of luck on if the weapon will actually melt or incenerate but I think the weapon will tell you it's rate if success over all the weapons are great but Lilith is a definite Ace in the hole with her fire aura cause it has a near perfect incenerate rate depending how long it'll remain active and how long u can keep enemies lit so they dust out lol

If u don't use Lilith just focus on melting/incenerating as much as possible to minimize the bodies and body parts left over

You see I’ve tried that but with a lot of the enemies just explode into bits from the force of the fire.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, JakeSS14 said:

How does the split/screen level cap thing work. 

How do i make my lower level account host, The host seems to be my level 69 account and can't get the levels down lower 

Also, are people still crashing even though your only using corrosive and fire guns. I have these trophies left and claptrap collectibles for 100% 

Yes. I used a highly corrosive revolver the whole time and crashed on Round 19, Wave 4 of Angelic Ruins. I got through the other two just fine though. 

On 9/26/2019 at 1:25 AM, SoapMacTavish222 said:

Round 19 on Angelic Ruins, crashed on wave 4. Nice way to end my night. (Thumbs up)

YOU AND ME TOO BUDDY. 

On 10/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, LoveCharlottex said:

**POSSIBLE SOLUTION**

Hi everyone, I'v just completed the Hell-Burbia trophy on my first try. I did a lot of research and preparation on the current issues and made sure I feel I may have found the solution and wanted to share my experience with these challenges. 

DISCLAMER: THIS IS IN NO WAY SUPPOSED TO BE A PERMENANT SOLUTION, I AM SIMPLY SHARING MY INFORMATION IN HOPES IT CAN HELP ANOTHER.

Here are the conditions I made note of:

- DO NOT USE GIBING WEAPONS! I found that gibbing the enemy seems to be the main problem with the game crashing, avoid blowing them into little pieces since they do not de-spawn.

- USE CORROSIVE OR BURNING WEAPONS! Allowing the enemy to die by the corrosive or burning effects, means there body will disintegrate having less on the screen. Its is important to know that any bodies that don't get gibed or disintergrate DO DESPAWN after a little while.

- EMPTY YOUR INVENTORY! Gibs arn't the only problem, make sure you have an empty inventory to pick up lingering weapons, ammo and cash so there are less objects on the map.
- PLAY IN 60 FOV! I found that as soon as my game started lagging around 10 - 12, I turned my FOV to 60 and had no problems at all, up until round 20 (But i think this was because of the gibs building up)
- ONLINE CO-OP SEEMED FINE! I did this with my friend online, I hosted and was level 12 and he was level 62. He carried most of the game but I contributed when I could. He experienced a little lag but we figured it may have been his own connection.

To summerize, i do think the biggest issue is the gibs, but playing in a lower FOV puts less strain on your console making it much more reliable for more intense situations.

Hope I have helped all those having problems!

GOOD LUCK!

What’s FOV?

2 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You see I’ve tried that but with a lot of the enemies just explode into bits from the force of the fire.

Yes. I used a highly corrosive revolver the whole time and crashed on Round 19, Wave 4 of Angelic Ruins. I got through the other two just fine though. 

YOU AND ME TOO BUDDY. 

What’s FOV?

Field of view.

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

YOU AND ME TOO BUDDY. 

What’s FOV?

It sounds like your using high level weapons try using fire/corrosive weapons that are low level like maybe a pistol so your not blowing things to bits 

If your using the trick with a dummy account you should be massively overleveled compared to your enemies so u should be next to invulnerable to their attacks and using a weaker weapon u can take more shots into them to get them to incinerat or melt instead of a high chance of blowing them to bits.  I used a pistol myself and Lilith's aura which just incinerates or catches them on fire on them on contact I don't think I've ever blown them up with it....   

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It sounds like your using high level weapons try using fire/corrosive weapons that are low level like maybe a pistol so your not blowing things to bits 

If your using the trick with a dummy account you should be massively overleveled compared to your enemies so u should be next to invulnerable to their attacks and using a weaker weapon u can take more shots into them to get them to incinerat or melt instead of a high chance of blowing them to bits.  I used a pistol myself and Lilith's aura which just incinerates or catches them on fire on them on contact I don't think I've ever blown them up with it....   

Well you're right there, I'm level 53 and they're level 12. Any idea where would be a good place to get some lower-level weapons?

44 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well you're right there, I'm level 53 and they're level 12. Any idea where would be a good place to get some lower-level weapons?

You might have to ask someone on here to drop you a good low level weapon. Or play with ur alt account till u get one or see if any drop in the arena since the weapons are leveled for ur alt account but your best bet is asking someone to drop you one. I lucked out I'm a hoarder so I had a high elemental chance pistol that was still low level

My friends game crashed after completing round 20 in the gully.

He did got the certificate as well the trophy but we dont know if his progress is saved for the 3 tournament trophy.

Does anyone know if the game saves right away or only in the loading screen ? 

11 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

My friends game crashed after completing round 20 in the gully.

He did got the certificate as well the trophy but we dont know if his progress is saved for the 3 tournament trophy.

Does anyone know if the game saves right away or only in the loading screen ? 

That happened to me on one of them, it crashed during the fast travel out of the arena after winning, didn't mess up my trophy

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NCSFan001 said:

That happened to me on one of them, it crashed during the fast travel out of the arena after winning, didn't mess up my trophy

Thx for your answer thats good news we decided to continue normally and we will see, will probably update my post then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 3:32 PM, NCSFan001 said:

Same thing happened to me. The only one that really gave me trouble was Hell-Burbia. It would consistently crash near the very end, but I finally was able to get through it. The only thing I did differently was not use Brick's movement speed glitch, but I don't really think it should have made a difference. My game started to struggle halfway through round 19 but I suppose it had mercy on me lol. I'm not sure how else to make it any less painful though.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, Sky_RykerXD said:

I play everything at 90 FOV. 60 sounds terrible.

Thanks for the info on gibing and loose weapons.

UPDATE

Just did all the arenas. No crashes or stutters. Everything ran smooth.

I went paranoid for this. I turned everything off. Aim assist, compass, minimap, player callouts, music and voice over volume to zero. FOV at 60. Rebuilt the database. After that even the start game menu stopped lagging.

I noticed the compass and rotate minimal lagged in single player in certain areas. The sound thing I don't know about. It fixed old games on Steam, can't say it does anything here. In theory, if it's at zero, those sounds are not loaded. Plus I was watching movies anyways.

I mainly used a 4x corrosive revolver and a 4x Volcano sniper rifle. Switching to make sure enemies disintegrate. I didn't rush, even walked away for a bit at the kill stat screen (where you have to press X to continue to the next round).

I also see people trying to sync trophies ASAP, going to the home menu while the game is running. I wouldn't. Feels like Alt-Tab on Windows. Not a good idea when running something resource intensive.

Glad it's over. 20 rounds is too much. 10-15 would've been better.

I did this, and it worked! Thanks so much! The one thing I didn't do was turn off the compass though, as I wanted to keep that up so that I could find enemies quickly. Like I said earlier, I did Hellburbia and The Gully just fine, but crashed on Round 19, Wave 4 on Angelic Ruins. Came back to attempt it again a few weeks later following your steps and I got through it. Man was I getting tense in the last four rounds or so. I used a corrosive pistol, and I played on a 2016 base PS4 (not the slim). 

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 1

@SuperSaiyan3985 I am glad that you were able to complete the Angelic arena and I fully understand what you were going through. This dlc was REALLY causing me to rage quit this game but I was able to find help with in doing this. They were kind enough to help with a modded gun/shield just because of how the dlc was not patch when this was re-release for the ps4. But I am happy that you complete it. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, CelestialShards said:

@SuperSaiyan3985 I am glad that you were able to complete the Angelic arena and I fully understand what you were going through. This dlc was REALLY causing me to rage quit this game but I was able to find help with in doing this. They were kind enough to help with a modded gun/shield just because of how the dlc was not patch when this was re-release for the ps4. But I am happy that you complete it. 

Yeah man I think I had it easy only crashing on me once. Using elemental weapons to eliminate body parts is essential. If you don’t do that you’re guaranteed to get a crash. I really can’t believe they haven’t fixed it already.