PS plus rewards, Europe

Leenewbe

This is actually worse than doing nothing because it has this "yeah we took away half of your monthly games after we just increased the price a few months ago, no we won't reduce the price again, but here is this useless shit you never asked for, aren't we generous?" ring to it. My days of buying psplus for more than one month at a time are definitely over, I will only buy it if the month has something worthwhile. Considering this month had a game that people bashed like almost no other and only ever bothered with it because there are tits and a very quick platinum in it, and a game that needs a good chunk of further money put in because the base game without the dlc is supposedly a rather crappy experience, I could see myself not getting psplus for several months in a row at this rate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

This is actually worse than doing nothing because it has this "yeah we took away half of your monthly games after we just increased the price a few months ago, no we won't reduce the price again, but here is this useless shit you never asked for, aren't we generous?" ring to it. My days of buying psplus for more than one month at a time are definitely over, I will only buy it if the month has something worthwhile. Considering this month had a game that people bashed like almost no other and only ever bothered with it because there are tits and a very quick platinum in it, and a game that needs a good chunk of further money put in because the base game without the dlc is supposedly a rather crappy experience, I could see myself not getting psplus for several months in a row at this rate.

I would encourage them to put back on games that were up some five - six years ago. 

People are going to say “But those are the same old games...” but that is still a hell of a lot better than the bullshit Sony has pulled on us. 

Two PS4 games, two PSVR games, and one small indie game at least every month. Throwing in the occasional PS3/Vita game that can be played via PS Now wouldn’t be a bad idea. Unfortunately that is simply too much work to go around, because PS Now is entirely separate from PS Plus and you need a subscription to play anything on Now. 

Instead, Sony removed the PS3/Vita listings, increased the subscription, and basically gave us the middle finger. We are paying more for less.

If it wasn’t for some games I have that require PS Plus to play online thanks to the PS4 requiring the service, I would of canceled my subscription. 

Two shitty games, no PS3/Vita game, no PSVR game despite there being hundreds of them, no other offers. Sony is turning greedy.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 7:15 PM, Spaz said:

I would encourage them to put back on games that were up some five - six years ago. 

People are going to say “But those are the same old games...” but that is still a hell of a lot better than the bullshit Sony has pulled on us. 

Two PS4 games, two PSVR games, and one small indie game at least every month. Throwing in the occasional PS3/Vita game that can be played via PS Now wouldn’t be a bad idea. Unfortunately that is simply too much work to go around, because PS Now is entirely separate from PS Plus and you need a subscription to play anything on Now. 

Instead, Sony removed the PS3/Vita listings, increased the subscription, and basically gave us the middle finger. We are paying more for less.

If it wasn’t for some games I have that require PS Plus to play online thanks to the PS4 requiring the service, I would of canceled my subscription. 

Two shitty games, no PS3/Vita game, no PSVR game despite there being hundreds of them, no other offers. Sony is turning greedy.

@Spaz I think you're overexageratting again with this....

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh Sony, just when I think you can't embarrass yourself even more, you prove me wrong :facepalm: . What's next? A PS+ subscription that comes with a subscription to a gardening magazine? A free VHS? Discount on pet food? 

Mate Calm down its not the end of the world 

28 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh Sony, just when I think you can't embarrass yourself even more, you prove me wrong :facepalm: . What's next? A PS+ subscription that comes with a subscription to a gardening magazine? A free VHS? Discount on pet food? 

That would never happen.. If Sony did that, they would be losing money when shipping the physical stuff ? 

Still, as others said, it's not a new thing, it was just really well hidden until now.. 

I too never used the discounts, but apparently they didn't sent me the email every month, since I don't remember seeing any discounts on Gas, Cinema or Pizza Hut.. Those, I would actually had used. 

Still, it's funny how this is trying to pass as a "new and relevant" bonus for ps+... Really a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

That would never happen.. If Sony did that, they would be losing money when shipping the physical stuff 1f602.png 

Still, as others said, it's not a new thing, it was just really well hidden until now.. 

I too never used the discounts, but apparently they didn't sent me the email every month, since I don't remember seeing any discounts on Gas, Cinema or Pizza Hut.. Those, I would actually had used. 

Still, it's funny how this is trying to pass as a "new and relevant" bonus for ps+... Really a joke. 

I suppose so :lol: .

I never got a mail for any discounts from Sony. Buy yeah, PS+ has become a joke.

Never got a single e-mail for discounts and I do get e-mails about the latest release or that monthly e-mail that tells you it's time to pay for PS+ again.

If I wasn't planning on playing FFXIV in the near future, I would have already canceled my subscription. After all, you can transfer your Vita and PS4 save files on your pc or on a USB stick right? It's been a while since I've been interested in a PS+ game anyway and I don't really care about discounts on a gym membership. It seems like Sony doesn't really know their target audience.

Well, like I said in the other thread before it got locked for duplicating this one, this is some bread and circuses shit to distract from the fact that they managed to reduce the number of games they gave away without causing a PSN-wide mutiny.

Let me say that again for emphasis: As much complaining as I heard on a monthly basis on the quality of the titles from people, they managed to reduce the number of titles apparently permanently, and the noise level didn't even rise above the amount I've been involuntarily listening to from people bitching about Conan: Exiles.

That's some gangsta-ass shit. I thought selling $30 headphones for $200+ was gangsta, but Sony managed to out-gangsta Dr. Dre.

Edited by damon8r351

I'm a longtime subscriber to Plus, and have always loved it; it introduced me to so many lesser known titles, that weren't on my radar, which I ended up absolutely adoring—games like The Binding of Isaac, Velocity 2X, Furi, etc. With the recent changes, though, I've been questioning whether or not to resubscribe for the first time. Due to an awful rural internet connection, I barely play online anymore, so the main draws for me were the nice variety of "free" games, and the member discounts.

Honestly, Sony has been annoying me in general lately:

1)  Cut half the value of PS Plus, with no measures to compensate.

2)  They're removing trophy passes from Sony Rewards.

3)  After five months, they STILL haven't fixed the aforementioned dumpster fire of a rewards program, and their confused communication about this is shocking.

4)  Unimpressive store sales recently.

5)  Grandiose claims about PS5, which I don't buy into.