Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

On 7/17/2020 at 9:39 PM, MrFudge said:

My profile shot up from ~100 ‘views’ to ~9000 over the space of two or so months, and eventually I got blocked for a day or two. 

But that is just your forum profile not your actual PSN game profile which only has 548 views. I don't think refreshing forum profile would ban you...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue for the last 2 years, i update mostly myself. If i am not logged in i do get the IP ban bullshit. If i wanna update some friend i am getting the IP ban message (while logged in). You paying for Premium User membership, you should not get the IP ban in my opinion, so it needs to be fixed.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AusLeviathan said:

This is interesting. Is it actually an IP ban or is it a ban on your login updating someone. If it's an IP ban then that's easy to get around if you need to and if it's a ban on your login then you can still update whilst not logged in.

The ban is tied to IP address.

29 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The ban is tied to IP address.

IP address's are allocated when your modem is turned on, most people just keep theirs on 24/7 and so keep the same one for a long time but if your modem is turned off for at least 5-10 minutes it'll usually cause the modem to be allocated a new IP address when it's turned back on. The IP ban is still effective in this case since it prevents you from spamming websites in a small amount of time which is its purpose so it still upholds the spirit of the IP ban if this is done.

This assumes that the ban is purely based on the IP address, there's a lot of other things a website can do to make it harder to get around a ban if they want it to be serious but most website don't bother.

Edited by AusLeviathan

3 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

IP address's are allocated when your modem is turned on, most people just keep theirs on 24/7 and so keep the same one for a long time but if your modem is turned off for at least 5-10 minutes it'll usually cause the modem to be allocated a new IP address when it's turned back on. The IP ban is still effective in this case since it prevents you from spamming websites in a small amount of time which is its purpose so it still upholds the spirit of the IP ban if this is done.

This assumes that the ban is purely based on the IP address, there's a lot of other things a website can do to make it harder to get around a ban if they want it to be serious but most website don't bother.

I have static IP address. I can restart my modem 100 times and it won't change a thing. Also, I'm banned for no reason, I know how to bypass it but I shouldn't have to.

Maybe @Sly Ripper will do something about it.

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I have static IP address. I can restart my modem 100 times and it won't change a thing. Also, I'm banned for no reason, I know how to bypass it but I shouldn't have to.

Maybe @Sly Ripper will do something about it.

I feel like Sly's silence on this issue has been a pretty clear message. Like an old manager once told me about a program he had created, "it has a lot of problems but it does its job most of the time and if I try to change anything it'll probably break it".

Just use your way of bypassing it, it's easier then expecting someone to put in hours work to fix something that's affecting a small amount of people and may not work anyway.

You shouldn't have to do anything but if the alternative is not being able to update I know what I'd do.

Edited by AusLeviathan

37 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

This is great, more than a year ago most of the profiles tracked on this website stopped updating, and now if someone update some profile his IP is banned.

Yeah that's a pretty big issue and is something that needs to be addressed, it's possible that the size of this website works against it causing too much data to come through if everyone has their profiles auto updated.

I feel like the biggest problem can be seen in ikemenzi's inability to update their profile, which seems to be a result of there being too much data coming through from that one profile. The leaderboad is going to be useless if the top ranked profiles can't be updated due to their size, though it will take years for others to reach ikemenzi's profile size.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Yeah that's a pretty big issue and is something that needs to be addressed, it's possible that the size of this website works against it causing too much data to come through if everyone has their profiles auto updated.

I feel like the biggest problem can be seen in ikemenzi's inability to update their profile, which seems to be a result of there being too much data coming through from that one profile. The leaderboad is going to be useless if the top ranked profiles can't be updated due to their size, though it will take years for others to reach ikemenzi's profile size.

Yeah Sly did something a month ago and updated it but now hasn't updated again and I have tagged him in comments to fix it again but nothing. Apparently he is really only contactable via discord which isn't very helpful when you can't contact the site owner on their own site?

• Like 1

this is odd i just got it to and im not sure how long ive actually had it. my profile works fine which really thats all i care about. i just tried to check a different profile and it said my ip is banned. never saw that before. i checked out i think 5 other profiles a few weeks ago because people either wanted me in their boost session and i was looking for what trophies they needed, or i was looking at profiles to see if they still needed the trophies i needed before messaging them. but they were spaced apart. i did a virus scan a few days ago and it always clears all my cookies and logins and i have to re log into every site im on. i dont know if that has anything to do with it. i would think being premium though this wouldnt happen because i dont see why multiple bots would pay $12 to spam. but meh, whatever. as long as it doesnt impact my own profile its not a big deal. 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2020 at 2:31 AM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

That’s an interesting way of garnering views. Reminds me of a friend of mine who got banned from YouTube for using all the school computers to view his one Minecraft video.

Lmao I respect the hustle. Reminds me of this 

On 06/08/2020 at 6:13 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

But that is just your forum profile not your actual PSN game profile which only has 548 views. I don't think refreshing forum profile would ban you...

I know, but I’ve literally only ever updated my profile once, which was when I was brand new to the site since I wanted to test it out. Perhaps they’re tied, I know my trophy card appeared on my forum profile at one point but has since disappeared. 

Also updating your profile nonchalantly shouldn’t result in a ban either, nor simply searching for a profile - as happened to the guy I quoted that spurred me to comment. It’s just fucked. 

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

It has been almost a month since I got banned for no reason. Seems like others got banned for no reason as well...

Surely, something can be done about this @Sly Ripper ??? Some of us are premium users too.

It seems like no-one cares about this at all. If this "sly ripper" person exists he's sure as hell not reading any of this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...