Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

7 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

I’ll add it to my list on PSprices so and pick it up when it’s on sale, €40 is a little steep considering how much additional content has been released for it. Cheers for the feedback, glad you’re enjoying it

Before I forget this, because it might make a difference, I'm playing on the PS4 Pro.

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Before I forget this, because it might make a difference, I'm playing on the PS4 Pro.

I own a PS4 Pro also, so no worries on that front! Thinking of buying the Deluxe Party Edition, goes on sale for around €20 pretty regularly which isn’t a bad price for the game at all

I'd like to add Catan VR to my list. I love the board game and it was a surprise release for PSVR. I might even write a guide up. The trophies are not on servers get but local information tells me it has a platinum.

Cold steel 5% > 11%
Atelier Firis 12% 
Pheoenix Wright: Ace Attourney Trilogy 11% 
The surge 15%
Thea the awakening 24%
Atelier scion 11%
my time at portia 21%
grand kingdom? 30%
Chasm 13%
World of Final fantasy 20%
What Remains of Edith Finch 100%
Metagal PS4 100%
Super weekend mode PS4 100%
My big sister PS4 100%

*NEW* Catan VR 0% > 16%
Dragon quest builders 2 0%

Due to circumstances outside of my control, not actually gonna be able to do Super Neptunia RPG for summer so I'm gonna slash it off. I decided to re-add Bard's Gold (which I originally swapped), so now going to swap Super Neptunia RPG with Bastion. Updated the swap rule so you can swap another game if you end up re-adding the game you swapped out in the first place. If you're confused, so am I. xD I'll get it settled for fall. For now, just go with it! xD 

Marvel's Spider-Man-62% :platinum: June 21

Afrika

Bastion (NEW)

Bard's Gold

Citizens of Earth 

Dragon Sinker

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Super Neptunia RPG

Edited by MidnightDragon

Update #1

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16%

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed freedom cry (PS3) - 5%

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17%

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0%

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% ➡️ 53%

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0%

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% ➡️ 5%

Just a small update for now since I probably won't be able to play for a while due to my exams.

Completed my first playthrough of ICO today and played a little more of SOMA. I was a bit sceptic about ICO at first since it's a very old game after all but I actually really enjoyed it. Sure the controls are a bit weird and clunky and can sometimes even be kinda frustrating but the clever and challenging puzzle design combined with an overall great setting and atmosphere of the game surely made up for that. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it out yet, if you're into that genre of games of course. I still have to do the speedrun playhtrough in order to obtain the plat but I will probably leave that for now since the servers for The Last of Us are apparently closing during september so for now all my focus will go to those online trophies. 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Update #13...

Finished Tales From the Borderlands. I’m actually real interested to see how much of the story from that game will be mentioned in Borderlands 3. I think I may try to knock out Batman and The Wolf Among Us before June ends. That way I would only have 7 games left to finish through July and August. We’ll see I guess...

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% ➡️ :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0%

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28%

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

• Like 1

Update!

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - 20%

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition - 0%

Darksiders III - 0%

Persona 5 - 27% => 35%

A Plague Tale: Innocence - 0%

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - 0% => 100%:platinum:

NieR: Automata - 0%

Okami HD - 0%

Danganronpa 1/2 Reload - 0%

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 0%

Worked a little more on Persona 5 and finished VA-11 Hall-A. VA-11 Hall-A was overall a really good Visual Novel, but that Model Warrior Julianne Minigame was really annoying to complete.

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13%

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21%

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Dynasty Warriors 9: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Started Cat Quest. It's a nice game when you just want to play a bit after work without worrying about missable trophies or difficulty. Should get the remaining trophies this week.

If you're wondering what the color on Fate/Extella Link means, it's a color that matches a character I like from the game. Will do this for all of my games. That, or use the color of the main character.

• Like 1

Update #5:

• Foul Play (0%)
  • God of War III Remastered (0%)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7%)
  • Master Reboot (0%)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%)
  • Metal Gear Solid v: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100%
  • SOMA (0%) => 100%

Added:

• Overcooked (0%)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (0%)
  • Sonic Mania (0%)

No progress in any new games, but I've added the above three games to my list. Sticking to the PS Plus games once again. I continue to avoid returning to The Phantom Pain... maybe one of these days. ?

Adventures of Mana  05%

Broken Sword 5 Ep 2  0%

Chronus Arc 0%

Cybarian 17%> 55%

Devious Dungeon 2  57%

Dragon Sinker  0%

Frane Dragons' Odyssey  0%> 3%

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP  0%

Lara Croft Go  31%

Nurse Love Addiction  0%

Papers Please  0%

The Caligula Effect  0%

Xenon Valkyrie+  0%

Uncanny Valley  0%>33%

Uncanny valley: Almost done with my first playthrough. Just have to go trough the lower levels to kill an android and collect all the VHS tapes. How is this person such a poor runner though, are you telling me he can't run across a room before running out of breath? 

Cybarian: Decided to try on hard mode to complete it and I am making good progress. Even with less health, it is easier in fact since you have access to all the skills from the onset. The regular attack is too slow and leaves you too open if you screw up the combo. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)  - 1%

2. Bound by Flame - 4% 

3. Broken Age - 18%

4. The Walking Dead Collection - 40%->100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

5. Murdered Soul Suspect - 29%->100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

6. A Plague Tale: Innocence - 14%

Finished two of my six games. Going to try to finish most of Broken Age tonight. I was hoping to get those three and A Plague Tale: Innocence done this month but I've been spending time outdoors with friends on my days off and also participating in other hobbies.

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Cybarian: Decided to try on hard mode to complete it and I am making good progress. Even with less health, it is easier in fact since you have access to all the skills from the onset. The regular attack is too slow and leaves you too open if you screw up the combo. 

Out of curiosity, are you going through the whole game or going for just the platinum?

Edited by Fnee2000

Uhmm okay so basically ignore my previous update completely since I couldn't resist going for the platinum on ICO after all ^^ I guess it was a better idea to try to do the speedrun while the layout of the game was still fresh to me but even then it was quite the challenge to complete the game in under 2 hours. Used a guide for 2 parts where you had to use some specific exploits to make it through in time, didn't feel great about it but I don't think I would have managed to discover those tactics on my own to be honest. Very happy to be able to cross off the first game of my list though! :yay: Next up will probably be The last of us and/or SOMA.

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16%

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed freedom cry (PS3) - 5%

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17%

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0%

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0%

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 5%

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

UPDATE #1

1. Days Gone                                    0% --> 19%

2. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel      23% --> 36%

3. inFamous: Second Son                 0%

4. Actual Sunlight                              0%

5. Spider-Man                                    0% --> 16%

My first update! :P

Days Gone: I swapped out Hitman 2 for Days Gone. Overall, I'm loving the game so far. I made it as far as the southern area, but I've still got a lot of work left to do. When I'm playing this game, hours go by and I don't even notice, which is something I haven't experienced in a long time. Burning out infestations and taking down ambush camps doesn't feel like a chore at all; in fact, it's exciting to explore a Freaker-infested area to try and take out as many nests as possible. Planning out your attack and path of escape is interesting and almost mandatory, since if you slip up, you can die. The world is random and dynamic - for example, I was just riding on a dirt road and all of a sudden a laser fixes on me and I'm sniped off my bike by a random ambush of marauders. The story missions have consisted of too many fetch quests, but the characters are great and I heard that the story gets better as the game progresses.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: I ended up beating the game with a friend of mine a few weeks ago. I still have about 25 sidequests left to do, and then I'll just be cleaning up any other trophies and doing the DLC. If anyone wants to play, let me know :D

Spider-Man: I started this game a few weeks ago, and it's (already) been put on hold by Days Gone. However, the game is phenomenal, and as a Spider-Man fan I couldn't have asked for more. As many others have said, web swinging in this game feels amazing and it's one of the few games where fast travel is an incorrect choice to make. I made it through Act 1, and haven't yet touched any story missions for Act 2. I'm currently just freeroaming and gathering collectibles. I am greatly enjoying the game though :)

• Like 1

Contrast 5/21 - 23%

Borderlands 2 23/76 - 19% -> 30/76 - 27%

Deponia 3/19 - 7%

Risk of Rain 15/15 - 100% 

God of War 3/37 - 4%

Got a bit further in Borderlands 2, I haven't had a lot of game time and soon going on vacation so will be small updates for a bit. Will keep my focus on Borderlands though :D

Claire: 0% 

Darksiders Warmastered Edition: 0%➡️100%:platinum:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3): 86%➡️100%:platinum:
Little Nightmares100%✅

Slayaway Camp: 100%spacer.png:platinum:
Super Bomberman R: 43%➡️56%
Zero Time Dilemma: 0%➡️100%:platinum:

Finished up Re:Com and Zero Time Dilemma. Only two more games left That's the good news. Bad news is that I'm retiring Bomberman. Sometimes you just have to admit when something is too tedious. I was kinda looking forward to an easy Ultra Rare, but oh well. I'm going to take a break and play Borderlands 2 with my nephew until the month starts and I'll say what my mulligan game is then.

Edited by ZachGM91
  • Like 3

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13%

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Dynasty Warriors 9: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Still quite enjoyed it. It's definitely an easy/short game, but it does many things right (such as the battle system and the music) and is overall one of the more enoyable short games I've completed.

Not sure what to play next.

• Like 1

Update #14...

Completed Batman The Tell Tale Series on PS3. My goodness what a buggy mess it was. There were times I didn’t think I would be able to finish. I had major issues during episodes 3 and 5. Not to mention long ass loading times during scenes. I almost couldn’t get episode 3 to work at all. Kept freezing during the recap at the beginning of the episode. Fixes I found were playing the game while being completely offline. If that doesn’t work, and it didn’t for episode 3, redownload the episode and start up in offline. So, take note if you plan on ever playing that game on PS3...

Unfortunately I don’t think I will get to The Wolf Among Us before the end of the month. I honestly need a break from Tell Tale after the last two were buggy on PS3. Plus, TWAU requires replays of level sections for all those fairytale collectibles. 12 games finished in the first month, not a bad round up...

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 28

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28%

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

• Like 2

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 41% => 44%
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (90% => 77%)

Barely got any trophies this week but I did finish about 4 seasons in career. Now I'm pretty much set up to pop some golds this weekend. There's a 4 day weekend on the horizon next week (fingers crossed). I can prolly get the plat then if everything goes according to plan. It all depends how much I get sucked in by F1 2019. I was supposed to pick that game up today but I had to work late so I gotta make a trip tomorrow. Anyway...

I think Days Gone has royally screwed me tho. It looks like we got a challenge mode and some trophies can't be earned till they're all released which will be just at the end of this backlog challenge or perhaps even later. Also went backwards on overall completion. :D

1. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 100%

2. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - 0%

3. Chaos;Child - 100%

4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 100%

5. The Sims 4 - 0....98%

Worked on The Sims 4 all week and been stuck on the pure RNG trophy for about 2 days now. I hope I get super lucky tomorrow. Otherwise I'll complain like I usually do for difficult trophies and get it immediately after.

@GraniteSnake I've had a few hiccups late in the game. Nothing game breaking but queueing actions on 3x does seem to make the game jitter a bit, especially switching from 1 sim to the next. I'm only noticing this now with just 1 trophy left. I thought I'd let you know.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2