Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Officially Announced (17 November 2020)

The gameplay has leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/hlubol/30_minutes_of_new_assassins_creed_valhalla/

30 Minutes Of Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla Gameplay Has Leaked

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/07/30-minutes-of-assassins-creed-valhalla-gameplay-has-leaked/

Edited by ziggypossum

Well I was watching a gameplay video and it got removed WHILE i was watching it. But it's pretty much like Odyssey.

Which is perfectly fine for me. I absolutely adore Origins and Odyssey...so more of that is only a good thing to me. However, almost every comment was people being extremely disappointed...or for some reason, stupidly expecting this game to go back to the old style for some dumbass reason. So I have an early hunch that this game is going to flop critically. 

I'm pretty sure they will change the date, maybe to one week before Cyberpunk comes out. 

About the leaked gameplay, the first one (30 minutes) looked like a Alpha or Pre-Alpha build, you could see many unfinished accets. For the combat looking like Odyssey my guess is that they just took the code from Odyssey, slapped it on Valhalla and will give it a tweak and change some things to feel more unique.

The 2nd gameplay leak feels more polish and smooth but with some sharp edges here and there, probably an early Beta. I don't have much to add on it

28 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I'd honestly delay Cyberpunk one more time to March 2021, make it for next gen only. 

By all accounts it's finished, just needs polishing and bug quashing. That shouldn't take til March. If anything AC should move, Cyberpunk's going to eat a lot of its sales if they come out on the same day.

6 minutes ago, EIdain said:

By all accounts it's finished, just needs polishing and bug quashing. That shouldn't take til March. If anything AC should move, Cyberpunk's going to eat a lot of its sales if they come out on the same day.

They're both releasing close to Black Friday so that will do anything but harm sales and that's not taking into account pre orders like mine whom have already paid off both copies since the games don't release for at least five more months which gives plenty of time to get both

Just now, EIdain said:

Apparently you can switch between the two at any time during the game. Not sure if it's mandatory or not.

hmm that kinda sucks imo. I thought they said you can play a male Eivor or female Eivor.

i doubt you'd switch characters and have both. Its probably similar to ACO. If you pick one, the other is just around as an NPC.

Haven't played Odyssey yet, so I can't comment on how innovative Valhalla is compared to that. I like that they're keeping the option of playing a female protagonist, though.

However, there's definitely some The Witcher 3 elements to it, which a-mazing. If all games were as good as The Witcher 3, I'd have absolutely no money left! 

• Like 1