So glad this is finally coming

I've been wanting to play (or read, lol) this game for the longest time. I've heard nothing but good things about it. So glad it has a platinum and Limited Run Games is doing a physical release this Friday. Can't give an opinion on it but I hear it's a must read for anyonewho enjoys visual novels, especially if you're looking for ones without the romance and sex in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

I've been wanting to play (or read, lol) this game for the longest time. I've heard nothing but good things about it. So glad it has a platinum and Limited Run Games is doing a physical release this Friday. Can't give an opinion on it but I hear it's a must read for anyonewho enjoys visual novels, especially if you're looking for ones without the romance and sex in them.

Plus the soundtrack is to die for :) .. cant wait!!! Playing death mark right now and loving it!!

Edited by Titanomachy_75

I'm excited this is finally coming. $49.99 is a bit pricey but I'm going to get it for the Vita so I can read it in bed when I don't feel like going towards my PS4. London Detective Mysteria is also coming out too but I'm not sure about that one.

I first heard about this game when LRG announced they would be making physical copies of it. I've heard a substantial amount of praise for the game since then, so I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to try and get a physical copy of this and London Detective Mysteria when they go up for sale on Friday. I hope I get them both!

2 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Plus the soundtrack is to die for :) .. cant wait!!! Playing death mark right now and loving it!!

Haven't heard any song from the game but I'll believe you. That just makes the limited edition LRG is offering even more appealing though. Death Mark is that horror visual novel, correct? It's on my wishlist though there's a couple VN waiting in line before it, namely Fata Morgana, Chaos;Child, and the Phoenix Wright trilogy. There's also a ton on original DS VN that I own and will play one day (hopefully).

It’s incredible. (And heartbreaking and tragic.) And one of the most touching love stories I know (personal opinion, of course). 

I’ll be honest and admit that - while certainly this is what people like to call most ‘niche’ and exposure will be tiny - a certain evil-minded part of me is very looking forward to reactions of the western audience. It definitely has potential to offend considering some of the topics it touches upon 

(spirituality, the people around you/family at their worst, torture, awful deaths, rape, intersex, identity issues).

This should be played from beginning to end while wide awake. Dropping halfway and it’ll be confusing and will likely leave an impression of being nonsensical (which, surprisingly, it is not). 

9 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Haven't heard any song from the game but I'll believe you. That just makes the limited edition LRG is offering even more appealing though. Death Mark is that horror visual novel, correct? It's on my wishlist though there's a couple VN waiting in line before it, namely Fata Morgana, Chaos;Child, and the Phoenix Wright trilogy. There's also a ton on original DS VN that I own and will play one day (hopefully).

yeah, its the horror one you mentioned 

14 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

... especially if you're looking for ones without the romance and sex in them.

Ooh is it uncensored?

Also, why am I only hearing about this game now when the game's release, according to this site, was way back at the end of March?

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

Ooh is it uncensored?

Also, why am I only hearing about this game now when the game's release, according to this site, was way back at the end of March?

I have no clue if it's censored as I don't even know what the original release is like. If anything I'm more worried they're going to change the script than remove cleavage or something. There's the whole list that Fenrirfeather posted and with the recent announcement of changes in Catherine Full Body has me slightly worried, though Full Body was mainly a translation thing. This already has a fully translated Steam release so if anything else I'll play it there for the proper experience while still being happy with a physical release to put on my shelf.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy this game. Awesome Story, fantastic music.

I don't understand, that so so many people are just skipping the whole game to plat it in 30 minutes. 

Not that I have a problem with speedrunning games for the plat, but it is a waste ignoring this exceptional game.

Seriously, once I finished it, I going to hold the record for the longest time to plat it...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I really enjoy this game. Awesome Story, fantastic music.

I don't understand, that so so many people are just skipping the whole game to plat it in 30 minutes. 

Not that I have a problem with speedrunning games for the plat, but it is a waste ignoring this exceptional game.

Seriously, once I finished it, I going to hold the record for the longest time to plat it...

I'm the one who posted the 20 minute guide on this site and I completely agree with you. It killed me to know that I'd be helping people skip over such an incredible game. But silver lining; maybe some of them will get curious and play it naturally along the way ?

• Like 3

For sure I will also be one of the players taking a long time to complete the Platinum. Glad I'm not the only one. The story is surreal, tragic and beautiful. I thought Clannad and Steins Gate were heartbreaking. Never played anything quite like this. So happy to finally have on PS4 along with the added content. Going to be playing this one for a while!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...