Enough is Enough

DEI2EK

6 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for atari 2600 adventure grail

^^^That's the ONLY trophy I got when I was a kid...and I was happy with it...

The trophy-whorism of, NOT the kids but, the 30-somethings still living in mommy and daddy's basement from the past decade+ have created this Participation Trophy era of gaming. The kids are just being brought along for the ride and ONLY know gaming as it is in today's current standards.

Not only do I not support the trophy-stacking, I don't support the ENTIRE trophy systems in toto and feel, along with many other recent infestations of greed via micro-transactions, server closure and day one DLC packages, that it will be the eventual downfall and death of a hobby that I've enjoyed for the 40+ years of the entire lifespan of the industry. I've made this opinion known many times often before to be HEAVILY criticized for my anti-social critical bellowing....

So now you get a meme and a single line of head-shaking text...

Enjoy :)

lmao sure, "kids don't know any better, they're just along for the ride" 

sounds like more of those excuses you kids these days like to use to ignore problems that are right in front of you.

"blame all our problems on the previous generation,  that always works"

Edited by danceswithsloths

Just now, Deathtotyrants76 said:

You're actually embrassed? Or was that just hyperbole? I sure hope it is 

You have this powerful system that is having mobile games ported to it.  These kinds of games are more up the Vita's alley with one stack, or just left on phones.

Other than that... You need to chill out.  You seem to be trying to pick a fight with anyone who has a differing opinion than yours.  I really see no reason for it.

• Like 2

There also coming out on Xbox and nintendo too and you had nothing to do with them so why feel shame over it? I hate COD and you never see me crying about how every new cod game that comes out. I pratice what I preach. If people want to buy every cod that comes out by all means it's their time and money and has no effect on my life or how I game.  No I'm just tired of how literally every new rat game you can bet there will be several threads just like this and in all honesty it's getting old.

Gotta love how nasty these people are then they get outraged when some responds in kind. If you can't take it don't dish it out

Edited by Deathtotyrants76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathtotyrants76 said:

There also coming out on Xbox and nintendo too and you had nothing to do with them so why feel shame over it? I hate COD and you never see me crying about how every new cod game that comes out. I pratice what I preach. If people want to buy every cod that comes out by all means it's their time and money and has no effect on my life or how I game.  No I'm just tired of how literally every new rat game you can bet there will be several threads just like this and in all honesty it's getting old.

I know they are also coming out on those system.  But since I do not own those systems and this is a Playstation-geared topic I didn't bring it up.

Nevertheless, there will always be these threads because the amount of indie games pumped out with 6+ stacks raises a few eyebrows, including mine.  There is absolutely no thought into some of these games and there is no thought into the trophy lists (and yes, I am aware Ratalaika is, for the most part, a porting company and not the dev that makes these games).  I think what bothers me the most now is that some of these games that are indeed decent are getting a bad rap and considered crap because of the sloppy trophy lists.  

3 hours ago, Hakoom said:

1000 plats is sooo easy to get now :(

i wish the stacks where only limited to 2 at max but i guess this will never happen sadly...

with ps5 every game will have 12 stacks

nothing can stop this 

Right, do you remember when people used to shit a brick because Terminator Salvation had all golds and a relatively easy platinum. People would make fun of you for having that game on your list. 

Also all those disney games that still require 10 or so hours to plat people would use those to separate "hunters" from "whores"

Now every couple of weeks a game comes out that puts those easy games to shame and now having Terminator or Toy Story 3 is seen as an accomplishment by comparison :P

Seriously some of you might be too young to remember this but games like Sly Cooper used to be seen as a "cheap" plat.

• Like 4

At least you can be fair minded enough to admit some of their games are fun. I really loved I am the hero. And here's another question why does rat get the blame? Sony is the one who allowed them to do it this way. Blame Sony if anyone. I'm surprised honestly it took this long for a company to pander to trophy hunting like this. 

you might as well just stop posting these because it's the same tired shit every single time with the same replies. no matter what you say people (including me i don't care i've got my fair share of decent platinums as well) will keep on buying these games and doing multiple different versions. you're just waiting your own time complaning about some petty shit like a child when you could be platinuming your games that you class as 'hard or respectable platinums' go put time into that rather than bitching on a website on the internet to people who aren't gonna listen or will and won't care therefore having no outcome or point to this post 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KilledByMatty said:

you might as well just stop posting these because it's the same tired shit every single time with the same replies. no matter what you say people (including me i don't care i've got my fair share of decent platinums as well) will keep on buying these games and doing multiple different versions. you're just waiting your own time complaning about some petty shit like a child when you could be platinuming your games that you class as 'hard or respectable platinums' go put time into that rather than bitching on a website on the internet to people who aren't gonna listen or will and won't care therefore having no outcome or point to this post 

But I'm a busy body and probably a liberal my life literally revolves around being up everyone's else shit mind your own business that's not a phrase in my vocabulary! 

23 minutes ago, Deathtotyrants76 said:

At least you can be fair minded enough to admit some of their games are fun. I really loved I am the hero. And here's another question why does rat get the blame? Sony is the one who allowed them to do it this way. Blame Sony if anyone. I'm surprised honestly it took this long for a company to pander to trophy hunting like this. 

Ratalaika gets the blame because they are the company taking the time to port the games over and testing out the trophy lists.  I had read somewhere a while back that someone at Ratalaika is not good a video games so that is part of the reason why the trophy lists are easy.  But I cannot confirm that to be true as I do not even recall where I had seen that.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I'm not going to comment on the TC as these threads are worse than the games, but in response to DD (which was a great game), those top times are hacked.

If  you look at the fastest achiever, he has all the bosses out of order, and has completed 100 levels and has 100 keys before even purchasing anything from the store. Also has all bosses beaten at the same time.

Yeah, the top two of course, I know, trophies in seconds, obvious savefile use - they were already reported by someone, they will disappear from there soon.
But I was rather referring to fact that places 3-50 have completion times 2-3h, so this is definitely NOT a 10h game, c'mon :D.

31 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Right, do you remember when people used to shit a brick because Terminator Salvation had all golds and a relatively easy platinum. People would make fun of you for having that game on your list. 

Also all those disney games that still require 10 or so hours to plat people would use those to separate "hunters" from "whores"

Now every couple of weeks a game comes out that puts those easy games to shame and now having Terminator or Toy Story 3 is seen as an accomplishment by comparison :P

Seriously some of you might be too young to remember this but games like Sly Cooper used to be seen as a "cheap" plat.

i remember everything :P

it was all fine until suddenly game stacks came out

that was still fine until stacks came out every week..

a cheap plat from time to time is ok but now its every few days the same games over and over

• Like 2

I couldn't care less how people decide to play their games, I couldn't care less about the so called 'devaluing of the trophy system'. Just do you and let others do them. 

The only thing I care about is how shady Rata games are as a business practice. Because they're small and the money made isn't in the AAA publisher numbers it's glossed over but it's no different to the way the likes of EA and Activision try to exploit the 'whales' with micros and lootboxes. 

One game does not need 10 regional stacks for it, but because they know that a minority of their customers will be buying the low budget games 10 times (because they HAVE to in order to compete with fellow whales). Rata are pumping out a lot of shit (and not even putting the effort to test the whole game works, only the trophies!) knowing that even if the majority don't want to whore every version, or heck, don't even want to buy all their crap games, the whales are. No different to the mentality for micros and pay2win economies, the majority don't buy them, many people oppose them, but the whales who have to in order to compete bring in enough revenue to make the resistance irrelevant.

None of it really effects me, so honestly I can't be arsed getting angry over it, I have more important things to worry about than some people throwing money at some virtual icons.

• Like 2