NG+ coming September 13th & 2 new difficulties. Also adds multiple new trophies.

ObsceneSociopath

1 hour ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Just ignore them. There are a core bunch of people on here who complain over everything. Games with easy platinums... Games with hard platinums... Games adding trophies after release...

If your immediate reaction to seeing that a game is getting free content is "but this is going to ruin my trophy percentage," then you need to seriously reevaluate your investment in trophy hunting, because it's likely become unhealthy. To put it another way: when the fun stops, stop.

Always love when someone shows up to tell me i'm playing my game wrong. 

• Like 3

First of all, the idiots who wanted new game + are the same idiots who didn't realize there is a Survival Mode. They already forced us trophy hunters into playing the game twice (80+ hours). Now they want us to play through 2 more times? Another 80+ hours for the same story and we already know how it ends. This is an absolute waste of time as we have other games we want to get to. Hard 2 mode and Survival 2 mode. I mean, I was pissed at the bike challenges but now, this makes me even more pissed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Where exactly did I do that?

If your immediate reaction to seeing that a game is getting free content is "but this is going to ruin my trophy percentage," then you need to seriously reevaluate your investment in trophy hunting, because it's likely become unhealthy. To put it another way: when the fun stops, stop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

If your immediate reaction to seeing that a game is getting free content is "but this is going to ruin my trophy percentage," then you need to seriously reevaluate your investment in trophy hunting, because it's likely become unhealthy. To put it another way: when the fun stops, stop.

And which part of that is me telling you that you're playing a game wrong?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LoughNessMonster said:

And which part of that is me telling you that you're playing a game wrong?

I dunno, maybe the part where you state I need to evaluate why i'm playing my game because I have an interest in my percentage. Or in other words that I should not even worry about my percentage and just play the game. Which is the same tired rhetoric that people always show up to express whenever someone makes mention of a tedious dlc or trophy. My priorities are different from yours, so you insinuate that I need to change them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

First of all, the idiots who wanted new game + are the same idiots who didn't realize there is a Survival Mode. They already forced us trophy hunters into playing the game twice (80+ hours). Now they want us to play through 2 more times? Another 80+ hours for the same story and we already know how it ends. This is an absolute waste of time as we have other games we want to get to. Hard 2 mode and Survival 2 mode. I mean, I was pissed at the bike challenges but now, this makes me even more pissed.

It's not confirmed yet that we'll need 2 playtrhroughs. For now it's just a rumors. I think that would be extremely stupid as both difficulties would be available from the start, according to the PS blog, which means you don't need to unlock them. Which also means, why do we need to complete game on easier difficulty if we already managed to finish it on hardest one, right?

2 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

It's not confirmed yet that we'll need 2 playtrhroughs. For now it's just a rumors. I think that would be extremely stupid as both difficulties would be available from the start, according to the PS blog, which means you don't need to unlock them. Which also means, why do we need to complete game on easier difficulty if we already managed to finish it on hardest one, right?

I really hope it's not 2 additional playthroughs. If it takes 1 to unlock both, then it won't be as bad. I'll just stick to the story missions and skip the side missions, hordes, infestation zones & marauder camps to speed it up

• Like 1

„New Game Plus can be started from any save game where the “I’m Never Giving Up” storyline has been completed. You can play NG+ on any difficulty level; Easy, Normal, Hard, Survival, or try it in one of our two new difficulty modes: Hard II and Survival II, regardless of the previous difficulty mode. These new difficulty modes are not specific to NG+ and can be experienced by brand-new players as well.“ 

this is the whole statement from the blog. for me it looks like you can start ng+ on survival II mode from the beginning.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Correct. But does this mean we'll automatically receive trophy for Hard 2 as well after beating game on Survival 2? That's the main question. Logically, that's how it would (should) be. Guess, we'll find out some info after the launch. Dev's are not very communicative on both FB and Twitter, so we need to wait anyway

Edit: managed to get some kind of an answer from Bend Studio. That's what they said: " Only one trophy is tied to beating the game on Hard 2 and Survival 2 "  

Well that's good to hear. One more play though, with all my upgrades and patches should only take about 20 hours. Hopefully the difficulty for these new modes is not dumb. Survival was pretty easy, only challenge it gave me was getting lost from lack of a constant minimap. 

Edited by XileLerinril
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XileLerinril said:

I dunno, maybe the part where you state I need to evaluate why i'm playing my game because I have an interest in my percentage. Or in other words that I should not even worry about my percentage and just play the game. Which is the same tired rhetoric that people always show up to express whenever someone makes mention of a tedious dlc or trophy. My priorities are different from yours, so you insinuate that I need to change them. 

I still don't see any mention of me saying that you're playing a game wrong. Please refrain for misrepresenting what I said in future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoughNessMonster said:

I still don't see any mention of me saying that you're playing a game wrong. Please refrain for misrepresenting what I said in future.

There is no misrepresentation when I am responding to the implication of your post, hence why I used words like Insinuate. But sure, play dumb. That works as well. 

• Like 1

It's pretty clear that this shitty trend is catching on. Devs know their flavor of the month game will be forgotten in 2 weeks so what they do to try and keep it relevant is shit like this. Oh hey guys NG+ this month you can't miss it! Oh hey guys NG++ this month! etc etc. People saying "free content" are the epitome of naivety. More like free publicity. But hey who am I to judge keep playing Days Gone till 2020 when NG++++ Deluxe Survival Hardcore gets released ??

• Like 4