Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

I had some problems in my first wars as well. Started with the recommended team of paladin, valkyrie, hunter, rogue. If your team has some armaments layed out try to stay in their range and wait for a victim. They will target your enemy and the only thing you have to do is staying out of the impact and trying to kill someone in between. Also, if your team gets wipeout always fully heal with items after the battle (those 30% hp items habe the best price-performance-ratio. This was actually "killing" me not being fully healed at the start of a battle.

And you will always get money once the operation is done. the longer you fight the merrier you get out of the battle. Loosing battles/operations doesnt negate your flag reception from the citizens in your capital. But winning obviously will give you some rewards including flags after ~30 battles (on average). 

Another tip I can give you is dont run directly to your enemies in a battle. In my squad the paladin moves first but I keep him at his starting position and wait until the first enemy gets closer. Either he will hit me for some (light) damage or dont do much at all. Then it is like a 4v1 or 4v2 situation so you can easily take out the melee characters first.

Here are flags according to JP

Clown yellow Infiltration Survey: Mountain Range ×
Gold coins black Infiltration Survey: Wilderness ×
Fairy Ivy on green Infiltration Survey: Forest x
Cat Grass crest on red background Infiltration investigation: highway ×
Rabbit Purple diagonal stripes Infiltration Survey: Canyon ×
Angel yellow Infiltration Survey: Fort ×
Baku White Mercenary Rank S ×
crown yellow Initial Benefits ×

On 9/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, MeteoraXV said:

im not too worried about platting this over having fun

It's a really fun game, but a really...NOT fun plat.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@Mesopithecus has also been testing some things and it seems the trophy for obtaining a unit with all skills won't unlock when hiring the Valkyrie, so you'll have to grind this out yourselves. 

And this is one of the biggest reasons! Stupid, stupid trophy.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Amidst the battle and chaos, suddenly a war horn resounded across Resonail, the likes of which hadn't been heard for a long, long time. The war horn's sound resembled the roar of a dragon, it filled allies with hope and foes with despair. For they knew, a legendary mercenary squad had returned to witness the final days of the war.

Translation: I've downloaded the game again and my Valkyrie Alexia can be hired (you need to be at least lvl 94 to hire the unit). Once you reach lvl 94-99, keep one unit in that level range in your squad, so you can keep hiring the Valkyrie to powerlevel. Here's the search info:

• Squad Name: Dragons
  • Captain: Dragon
  • Comment: El Psy Kongroo
  • Search Tag: Dragon

During online wars, the latest person you follow (and also the latest person to follow you) will have a permanent spot on the list of units to hire. The former can be used to add a good powerlevel unit to the list. If you want, follow me and you'll be guaranteed to use the Valkyrie. Following members can be done by going to Information -> Search.

Valkyrie Stats

Hide contents

wXOp8jr.jpg

The Valkyrie unit is set up to quickly get the 99 hit combo trophy, you only need to add a move up or action up flag on the battlefield. You can use three of your own allies if enemies/objects don't line up and alternate between Spark Lance and Assault Dive. Be sure to wait a turn or two in order to fill both gauges to the max to get the most out of it.

I also have 54 flags and still need to obtain the ones from the 6 Infiltration missions. I don't have the 10 paid DLC ones, so there are at least 60 flags in the game.

@Mesopithecus has also been testing some things and it seems the trophy for obtaining a unit with all skills won't unlock when hiring the Valkyrie, so you'll have to grind this out yourselves. As for flags: it seems there are 6 fixed ones in the Infiltration missions, 1 starting flag, 1 Mercenary Rank S flag, and 10 paid DLC flags, which comes down to 18. It looks like this trophy will be unobtainable once the servers go down, unless players can still obtain one each day from one of the NPCs in a nation's plaza. Seeing how this is tied to online wars, I seriously doubt it, but I can't test it until the servers are down, so don't rely on this.

What are the steps to recruit your valkirya Pleaseee - cannot find it in the menu

Edited by FilooGaroo
  • Like 1

Oh damn I feel sorry for everyone who won't be able to get that flag trophy after the server shutdown. I have 12 flags now including DLC. I just can't seem to win those damn war games even when hiring the paladin unit. When it finally went well and I came out on the field it declared "operation over" and I got sent to the menu again so I couldn't use his 300% exp boost skill. And getting enough money together every time to hire him is a chore, especially since I don't know how much time I have to fight in that specific war operation. So if the game works as intended and I get a few flags these days at the plaza from the elderly passerby and then do the 6 infiltration quests mentioned I should be good? There won't be any other unobtainable trophies in the game aside from the flag one?

How much more time do you estimate it will take to get the platinum after the server shutdown? I will continue trying but it's so frustrating going into the war operation and getting beat up and wasting time without any rewards.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

As for flags: it seems there are 6 fixed ones in the Infiltration missions, 1 starting flag, 1 Mercenary Rank S flag, and 10 paid DLC flags, which comes down to 18. It looks like this trophy will be unobtainable once the servers go down, unless players can still obtain one each day from one of the NPCs in a nation's plaza. Seeing how this is tied to online wars, I seriously doubt it, but I can't test it until the servers are down, so don't rely on this.

Awwww crap. I guess I am dropping everything for those damn flags. ?

Edit: @SireDragoviano: Lol, wait, what? Are you saying you didn’t use this war feature?

Edited by DizzyDavidson

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Hey, I was just double-checking the date for the server closure, but it says that it closes on September 30th according to the NIS America site. I don't know where it came from that it closes on October 1st.

Here is the link for the site.

Timezones. 00:00 UTC Oct 1st is generally afternoon/evening of Sept 30th in the US.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Amidst the battle and chaos, suddenly a war horn resounded across Resonail, the likes of which hadn't been heard for a long, long time. The war horn's sound resembled the roar of a dragon, it filled allies with hope and foes with despair. For they knew, a legendary mercenary squad had returned to witness the final days of the war.

Translation: I've downloaded the game again and my Valkyrie Alexia can be hired (you need to be at least lvl 94 to hire the unit). Once you reach lvl 94-99, keep one unit in that level range in your squad, so you can keep hiring the Valkyrie to powerlevel. Here's the search info:

• Squad Name: Dragons
  • Captain: Dragon
  • Comment: El Psy Kongroo
  • Search Tag: Dragon

During online wars, the latest person you follow (and also the latest person to follow you) will have a permanent spot on the list of units to hire. The former can be used to add a good powerlevel unit to the list. If you want, follow me and you'll be guaranteed to use the Valkyrie. Following members can be done by going to Information -> Search.

Valkyrie Stats

Reveal hidden contents

wXOp8jr.jpg

The Valkyrie unit is set up to quickly get the 99 hit combo trophy, you only need to add a move up or action up flag on the battlefield. You can use three of your own allies if enemies/objects don't line up. Be sure to wait a turn or two in order to fill both the action and move gauges to the max to get the most out of it. Afterwards, activate Cost Down and Combo Boost, and alternate between Spark Lance and Assault Dive.

I also have 54 flags and still need to obtain the ones from the 6 Infiltration missions. I don't have the 10 paid DLC ones, so there are at least 60 flags in the game.

@Mesopithecus has also been testing some things and it seems the trophy for obtaining a unit with all skills won't unlock when hiring the Valkyrie, so you'll have to grind this out yourselves. As for flags: it seems there are 6 fixed ones in the Infiltration missions, 1 starting flag, 1 Mercenary Rank S flag, and 10 paid DLC flags, which comes down to 18. It looks like this trophy will be unobtainable once the servers go down, unless players can still obtain one each day from one of the NPCs in a nation's plaza. Seeing how this is tied to online wars, I seriously doubt it, but I can't test it until the servers are down, so don't rely on this.

I use your character but can't see "Combo boost"

35 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh, you're right. I replaced it, but put it back now and reconnected online. I don't know how long it takes for the changes to update though. 

Looks like it updated straight away for me.  I was able to get High Damage with your Valkyrie just now too by lining up 3 members of my squad, using Chase Zone with the Witch, Combo Boost and Cost Down with the Valkyrie and then alternating Spark Lance and Assault Dive.  It was actually easier doing this for me than using the Witches Big Bang attack

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Looks like it updated straight away for me.  I was able to get High Damage with your Valkyrie just now too by lining up 3 members of my squad, using Chase Zone with the Witch, Combo Boost and Cost Down with the Valkyrie and then alternating Spark Lance and Assault Dive.  It was actually easier doing this for me than using the Witches Big Bang attack

Sweet, congrats :yay: . You should be able to get the trophy now @Arin1979.

15 hours ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey again guys :) I finally got a team I think is good and that was recommended. 2 paladins, 1 valkyrie and 1 hunter. However only the valkyrie is good enough at the moment. The problem I have now with the powerleveling trick is that the extra hired unit in war costs 1670 gold every time, and when I fail I don't have a good strategy to get gold quickly so I can try again. I did the travel quest and picked up stuff and sold it but didn't get enough to recoup my losses. Any other solid tactic for making money quickly? Doing the war ops, even the higher leveled unit gets wounded and brought down after a while, leaving me with my still underleveled characters.

One thing I might have not understood with the powerleveling trick and the good hireable unit is whether or not to continue fighting the war upon getting wiped and after getting back after the respawn time or if I should withdraw to the base again and do something else and then return to the war again?

It's worth having a Medic while you're levelling up even if the guide doesn't recommend it. Useful for keeping the hired Paladin alive.

ALWAYS stay in the current Operation until it ends. If you leave early you won't get anything. If your team gets wiped out just wait out the timer and then dispatch them again. Even if you can't fight anymore just idle somewhere safe until the Operation ends. You get Gold even if your side loses so it's the quickest way to get going again.

EDIT

A Medic is useful at low levels but once the snowballing starts they aren't needed as much. Making that more clear because of the reply below.

Edited by Static_Rook
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Static_Rook said:

It's worth having a Medic while you're levelling up even if the guide doesn't recommend it. Useful for keeping the hired Paladin alive.

ALWAYS stay in the current Operation until it ends. If you leave early you won't get anything. If your team gets wiped out just wait out the timer and then dispatch them again. Even if you can't fight anymore just idle somewhere safe until the Operation ends. You get Gold even if your side loses so it's the quickest way to get going again.

If you find a Medic worthwhile, by all means use it. However, at some point you'll notice having a Medic is a liability, as you can buy healing consumables to use between consecutive battles and healing skills that can be used on every unit. What you want is more attack power to finish fights as soon as possible (preferably before the enemy units can even get a turn). Shorter fights means less opportunities for the enemy squads to inflict damage. Having units with the Field Skills Max Charge (+10% ATK, DEF, and M-DEF for 3 battles) and Earth Heal (recover 30% HP for your squad) are a huge help too.

But yeah, don't leave operations until it ends.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you find a Medic worthwhile, by all means use it. However, at some point you'll notice having a Medic is a liability, as you can buy healing consumables to use between consecutive battles and healing skills that can be used on every unit. What you want is more attack power to finish fights as soon as possible (preferably before the enemy units can even get a turn). Shorter fights means less opportunities for the enemy squads to inflict damage. Having units with the Field Skills Max Charge (+10% ATK, DEF, and M-DEF for 3 battles) and Earth Heal (recover 30% HP for your squad) are a huge help too.

But yeah, don't leave operations until it ends.

Yeah, I should have specified a Medic is useful only at low levels. Once the snowball effect gets going they aren't needed since, like you say, you can just heal other ways. This person seems to be having trouble getting started so I let them know what worked for me on those low levels since we're all on a time crunch now with the online stuff.

Thanks for the guide and for updating your squad, they've both helped a lot!

Edited by Static_Rook

For everyone who is worried about obtaining enough flags: you only need 12 from online wars and daily handouts, as there are 6 that can be obtained from offline quests and 1 is given for reaching Mercenary Rank S. Then there's the starting Fledgling Flag, which also counts. If you resort to purchasing the DLC flags, you only need 2 flags from online stuff and you can still reach 20. I've updated the guide with video walkthrough for the 6 Infiltration missions.

14 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

Yeah, I should have specified a Medic is useful only at low levels. Once the snowball effect gets going they aren't needed since, like you say, you can just heal other ways. This person seems to be having trouble getting started so I let them know what worked for me on those low levels since we're all on a time crunch now with the online stuff.

Thanks for the guide and for updating your squad, they've both helped a lot!

Ah, I see.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2