Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

I can confirm you don't need to be connected online (or in a contract) to do the 500 steps method for Short Sights.  Just visit the last place you were allied with and they give you the support skill too.  If you're not in contract you just get it from the nations captain rather than visiting the leader.

I'd like to see if there is a consistent method for getting Orb of Training, I've found one so far and the information I found about where to get them was a bit meh.  It would cut down the grind for mastery levels quite a bit - I'm pretty much done as I have 5 support skills left to master (and thankfully have them across three characters) but it would be helpful for other people.

These IGN guides have all the different skill learning patterns for all the different character types - have linked the Valkyrie but all the other types can be selected from the right hand side: https://www.ign.com/wikis/grand-kingdom/Valkyrie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd like to see if there is a consistent method for getting Orb of Training,

There is, but it sucks. If you do the Single mode powerlevel defense map, it has to be 150 steps for the dragon, which is completely RNG. One of the awards is Orb of Learning, which is also completely RNG... 

Frankly I've felt just farming a skill to Mastery 3 is faster than any alternative :(

1 minute ago, ars said:

There is, but it sucks. If you do the Single mode powerlevel defense map, it has to be 150 steps for the dragon, which is completely RNG. One of the awards is Orb of Learning, which is also completely RNG... 

Frankly I've felt just farming a skill to Mastery 3 is faster than any alternative :(

Oh wow, that does suck.  

Farming to mastery 3 isn't too bad then, one thing that worked out well is I got a lot of my support skills whilst working on getting Short Sights with the 500 steps method.  So there is always that way too but it's by no means quick.

• Like 1

Yes, absolutely. I can't remember where or how I got Acrobatic Shoes which is a Guild equip, not a Troop one. I've been trying to google about it but posts say "I just found them in my inventory". Hopefully you too have it, or if not, perhaps someone in the thread has input on how to get them?

Acrobatic shoes will speed up the animation of steps in the world map. So if you have to do 500 steps you'll do them as fast as it'd take 1000? 1500? steps without Acrobatic Shoes. So it's a seriously great thing.

I pretty much do what @Mesopithecus does, Travel, enter a random map, and after I cleared the chests I just pick a spot with 5-10 steps length, and keep running back and forth. I didn't pay attention to how fast enemy objects respawn but it's perhaps 30 steps or so? Healing Sisters respawn every 5 steps, so you can absolutely farm them for easy TP. Bounties require IIRC five Quest Clears to respawn so you won't be doing a specific one again during a run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ars said:

Yes, absolutely. I can't remember where or how I got Acrobatic Shoes which is a Guild equip, not a Troop one. I've been trying to google about it but posts say "I just found them in my inventory". Hopefully you too have it, or if not, perhaps someone in the thread has input on how to get them?

Acrobatic shoes will speed up the animation of steps in the world map. So if you have to do 500 steps you'll do them as fast as it'd take 1000? 1500? steps without Acrobatic Shoes. So it's a seriously great thing.

First off, thanks for all the helpful info. 99% sure the shoes come from one of the non-random chests from the very first travel area, unless I'm getting my shoes confused. But if I'm right, that should be good news as it would be one of the few things you can get without RNG in the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ars said:

No, characters come from somewhere (which affected their buffs oslt) but there are no limits to hiring. Each time you finish a quest you get a random pool of 8 characters with randomized skills, looks, home faction. So if you're looking for something specific, keep doing Quest Clear and going to Hire right after.

The answer is yes. For hiring @Dragon-Archon valkyrie you need to be in same nation - Landerth.

What about the Policy stuff? Because I got a mission in which I must do 6 Troop Detatchments... and it seems that some quests come back after changing them... so is it possible that you can get at the end a Policy Mission that needs to be done online without getting another one? Or can you just change them til you have again a mission that don't needs online gameplay and without the danger to have at the end an online mission left that can't be changed anymore?

Edit: Oh I see it is maybe a stupid question, because there is no limit for the 3 Policies right? So even when one Policy stucks on an online mission you just can go further in another policy?

Edited by Alpha-Jinro

15 hours ago, RNumbers said:

First off, thanks for all the helpful info. 99% sure the shoes come from one of the non-random chests from the very first travel area, unless I'm getting my shoes confused. But if I'm right, that should be good news as it would be one of the few things you can get without RNG in the game.

I just played through the first travel area (Ruinsholt) and got the shoes in the [most south area] golden chest. If somebody else can confirm that it is the same chest then it indeed could be a fixed location.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alpha-Jinro said:

What about the Policy stuff? Because I got a mission in which I must do 6 Troop Detatchments... and it seems that some quests come back after changing them... so is it possible that you can get at the end a Policy Mission that needs to be done online without getting another one? Or can you just change them til you have again a mission that don't needs online gameplay and without the danger to have at the end an online mission left that can't be changed anymore?

Edit: Oh I see it is maybe a stupid question, because there is no limit for the 3 Policies right? So even when one Policy stucks on an online mission you just can go further in another policy?

You can change all 3 policies to something new so you don’t need to worry about that. Option is under the list of three.

To change again you just need to complete a quest then the option to change will be there again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

You can change all 3 policies to something new so you don’t need to worry about that. Option is under the list of three.

To change again you just need to complete a quest then the option to change will be there again.

Yea, I know that this can be done. But my question was, if you only "change" the quest to another quest that you don't done already so at the end you will have quests that you don't have done left and must do them. But I think it isn't like this because I got now already a Mission twice with exactly the same conditions. So the missions are total random not some kind of "list that you must do but you can change the order of them".

Hey everyone, I read in the guide that a level 99 valkyrie can be hired online to help with the 99-hit combo master trophy but I don't know exactly what to search for. I want to get this trophy and others if anyone knows if any other trophies that will be easier with the online mode. But first, can someone help me with what exactly I should search for to get that level 99 Alexia valkyrie so I can follow and hire her? Thanks :)

You probably mean the Fiel powerlevel system (so you need to be Contracted to Fiel):

https://grand-kingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Powerlevel_System

@Alpha-Jinro you can change Policy targets every Quest Clear (so even start/exit Travel works) and I've seen no pattern in them shuffling them dozens of times. So if you get a War-related target on a Policy class you're going for shuffle again, and if it didn't change shuffle yet another time. That's something very similar to the Single mode powerlevel quest, where you need to shuffle the Single mode quests until you get a 150 turn Defense mission. Sometimes I need to shuffle once or twice, and sometimes I need to do it close to 15 times. That's RNG for you.

31 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey everyone, I read in the guide that a level 99 valkyrie can be hired online to help with the 99-hit combo master trophy but I don't know exactly what to search for. I want to get this trophy and others if anyone knows if any other trophies that will be easier with the online mode. But first, can someone help me with what exactly I should search for to get that level 99 Alexia valkyrie so I can follow and hire her? Thanks :)

See this post:

On 19/09/2019 at 3:34 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I've downloaded the game again and my Valkyrie Alexia can be hired (you need to be at least lvl 94 to hire the unit). Once you reach lvl 94-99, keep one unit in that level range in your squad, so you can keep hiring the Valkyrie to powerlevel. Here's the search info:

• Squad Name: Dragons
  • Captain: Dragon
  • Comment: El Psy Kongroo
  • Search Tag: Dragon

I personally found it by using the Comment "El Psy Kongroo" - there's a couple of squads that come up, but only one with the Squad Name "Dragons". Though I can't actually hire the Valkyrie yet, since I'm with Fiel and the hire is in Landerth, so I need to wait for my contract to expire.

46 minutes ago, Alpha-Jinro said:

Yea, I know that this can be done. But my question was, if you only "change" the quest to another quest that you don't done already so at the end you will have quests that you don't have done left and must do them. But I think it isn't like this because I got now already a Mission twice with exactly the same conditions. So the missions are total random not some kind of "list that you must do but you can change the order of them".

Oh, I see what you mean - yeah, there's a list of a dozen or so missions within each policy type, and it'll select one at random each time you complete the previous mission or refresh the mission list. But you can just do the same one a large number of times. I've personally done the mission to "Sell 9 Items" 6 or 7 times since it comes up a lot and is very quick to do.

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

Gameplay warning! You should be OFF CONTRACT before servers expire or risk severe quest limitations.

Mesopithecus made a point about Contracts I've missed earlier: 

22 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I can confirm you don't need to be connected online (or in a contract) to do the 500 steps method for Short Sights.  Just visit the last place you were allied with and they give you the support skill too.  If you're not in contract you just get it from the nations captain rather than visiting the leader.

This is great, but it also gave me a testing idea. I'm currently Contracted with Fiel, who are waging war against all the other three factions today. Contracting with Fiel allows me to do the online powerlevel Paladin service, for which situation having War up on all fronts is quite beneficial. However, having all three factions as enemies will prevent me from accepting their Single mode quests (ie. the offline powerlevel method).

Here's the caveat, and I tested it putting my Vita in Flight Mode: if you are offline, the War never ends (because you'll never get End of War notice) and whichever faction was your enemy at the time stays your enemy forever, permanently denying you their Single mode quests and Capital access! This means, if you are Contracted when the servers go, you are locking yourself out of offline powerleveling quest givers and thus easy access to class skill unlocks.

The offline method requires refreshing Single mode quests of which there are 4 at a time, one for each faction, until you get a 150 round defense mission. Now consider three factions being your enemies and you need to repeatedly refresh only one quest until it becomes a ) Defense type AND b ) 150 rounds, both being randomized on refresh. I have had to refresh the list up to a dozen times to get the right quest with four chances. So we're talking about something like 50 refreshes and ~50k gold to get the mission appear only once with this severe limitation.

The consensus on the thread earlier was we could start a Contract right before the server shutdown and let it carry on indefinitely. My new opinion based on this finding is you should definitely start a contract while there is time, but it must end before server shutdown or you risk potentially having to start over. That, or accept your playtime just multiplied having to farm Travel maps for xp, because your indefinite Contract locked you out of the Single mode quests.

Edited by ars
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ars said:

Gameplay warning! You should be OFF CONTRACT before servers expire or risk severe quest limitations.

Mesopithecus made a point about Contracts I've missed earlier: 

This is great, but it also gave me a testing idea. I'm currently Contracted with Fiel, who are waging war against all the other three factions today. Contracting with Fiel allows me to do the online powerlevel Paladin service, for which situation having War up on all fronts is quite beneficial. However, having all three factions as enemies will prevent me from accepting their Single mode quests (ie. the offline powerlevel method).

Here's the caveat, and I tested it putting my Vita in Flight Mode: if you are offline, the War never ends (because you'll never get End of War notice) and whichever faction was your enemy at the time stays your enemy forever, permanently denying you their Single mode quests! This means, if you are Contracted when the servers go, you are locking yourself out of offline powerleveling quest givers and thus easy access to class skill unlocks.

The offline method requires refreshing Single mode quests of which there are 4 at a time, one for each faction, until you get a 150 round defense mission. Now consider three factions being your enemies and you need to repeatedly refresh only one quest until it becomes a ) Defense type AND b ) 150 rounds, both being randomized on refresh. I have had to refresh the list up to a dozen times to get the right quest with four chances. So we're talking about something like 50 refreshes and ~50k gold to get the mission appear only once with this severe limitation.

The consensus on the thread earlier was we could start a Contract right before the server shutdown and let it carry on indefinitely. My new opinion based on this finding is you should definitely start a contract while there is time, but it must end before server shutdown or you risk potentially having to start over. That, or accept your playtime just multiplied having to farm Travel maps for xp, because your indefinite Contract locked you out of the Single mode quests.

Can't you just cancel the contract? The game repeatedly tells that you just have to pay a fee to cancel a contract at any time.

1 hour ago, Wavergray said:

Can't you just cancel the contract? The game repeatedly tells that you just have to pay a fee to cancel a contract at any time.

When you cancel the contract you get a penalty which includes that you can't do the quests and visit the capitol of the fraction which you canceled the contract.
So it should be better to just do it like it is written before. Make a short contract and end it "regular" before server shutdown.

On the other hand I wrote a few posts earlier if it is possible that it can be effect the trophy for which you visit all 4 capitals when the server is closed (nobody answered to it) so I think that will than impossible, too, because you can't than visit the capital of the fraction which was your enemy, if it stucks.

Edited by Alpha-Jinro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alpha-Jinro said:

On the other hand I wrote a few posts earlier if it is possible that it can be effect the trophy for which you visit all 4 capitols when the server is closed (nobody answered to it) so I think that will than impossible, too, because you can't than visit the capitol of the fraction which was your enemy, if it stucks.

Well, you can always start a new save, clear the tutorial and then visit all the capitols so that's not a huge deal.

Good point @Alpha-Jinro, I edited the post to include the Capital ban. While you could indeed always start a new save, it's a further lockout and another gameplay delay (2-3 hours this time) because letting your contract run post shutdown screwed you over.

While the game is quite fun to play, it also requires you doing same things over and over and I shiver at the thought of any slightest risk of having to start over :D

5 minutes ago, ShadowX077 said:

Does Short Sights even exist lol walked 4620 steps so far -_- 

It's like a 2% drop every time you fulfill the conditions to get a reward from the capital.  So unless RNGeezus is really on your side, chances are it's going to take a very long while to get a copy.  Because that's how the probability theory works in practice.

32 minutes ago, ShadowX077 said:

Does Short Sights even exist lol walked 4620 steps so far -_- 

RNG (which in most games treats me like a leper) was kind to me and I got Short Sights on like my 10th reward for the travel quest walk. I'm trying to get the others collected now (up to around 30 support skills overall).