Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

16 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I just played through the first travel area (Ruinsholt) and got the shoes in the [most south area] golden chest. If somebody else can confirm that it is the same chest then it indeed could be a fixed location.

I can confirm that chest had the acrobatic shoes for me as well. Just got it.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, darkalphar said:

I just realized something, if we don't recall our dispatched units in war before server shutdown, would they be forever unrecoverable since we have to be online to dispatch or recover our units?

You can recover your dispatched units even if you're not online. It'll just yield zero results since the game doesn't have access to the servers.

A lot of frustration with getting started. Kind of getting the hang of my group right now and trying to level/get flags in online war. Are odds equal to RNG luck if you're defending versus attacking? I know I read for leveling it's better to defend. I've only gotten one flag so far from the capital, none from fighting. 

2 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

A lot of frustration with getting started. Kind of getting the hang of my group right now and trying to level/get flags in online war. Are odds equal to RNG luck if you're defending versus attacking? I know I read for leveling it's better to defend. I've only gotten one flag so far from the capital, none from fighting. 

I've been powerlevelling like crazy since the shutdown announcement and haven't defended once. It's better to go on offense with the hired Paladins. You go first and can end the battle quicker and that makes leveling,  getting flags, and skill farming all go faster.

5 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

You will more often meet someone who actually made an effort to screw you over if you're attacking, but it's a rare event anyway. I suggest you join Fiel and use the powerlevel Paladin service, where you mainly on Turn 1 step right into the middle of the opposing troop and Overspin to win.

Since the PSA thread too is pouring into the second page already, I'll just mention again I've compiled a single post to answer Hefty's questions, and other things too so you get a headstart into the game:

Thought I'd share my experiences with powerlevel system so others can use it more efficiently...

For those using Fiel powerlevelling method, the first tier will be bit hard because you're just starting out with little mobey, items, and gears to support your starting party. Your leveling units wont be strong or fast enough to finish off the enemies that the paladin doesn't 1HKO before they attack. And you'll be losing money somewhat since you wont be earning enough gold from operations to at least break even on hiring fees (in this case, farm the travel quest and sell resource drops you find). 

However once you hit 2nd tier, it becomes easy onwards, especially if you minmax stats (I maxed agi first then vit, and finally atk stat- str for physical damagers and mag for magic users). Getting movement flag helps as well since with it the hired paladin can reach the middle where most enemies are positioned. Stepping just past of the middle group and turning around before using over strike will knock any survivors closer towards your units where they can then finish them off.

Once you're able to hire level 30 paladin, you're pretty much set as long as you have a supply of morale potions from Guild shop as you'll be clearing enemies so fast that you'll lose morale quickly. Level 51 tier is pretty much profitable as because faster you clear enemies, more enemies you get to fight resulting in better rewards. I was easily earning 20k+ gold in large scale wars. This also helps toward flag trophy as more enemies you fight means more chances of flag dropping.

Tier 75 and higher, though, are more expensive and harder to break even even with quick clearing of enemies. So it's better to just stick with level 51 unit as most of time your enemies are under level 50. Even in few cases that you encounter higher level enemies that the pally can't 1hko your minmaxed units will pick them off.

As of now, I've reached level 90+ just by sticking with level 51 paladin, and still making profit in gold. I also should mention that I'm still using only gears bought from Guild shop despite being high levels.

Edited by darkalphar
Additional details

7 hours ago, ars said:

You will more often meet someone who actually made an effort to screw you over if you're attacking, but it's a rare event anyway.

They're out in droves now. I gave up doing War to get skill mastery because every 2 fights were level 99s who would have 2 turns before I could do anything. People know the game is shutting down and people will be trying to level, so they're sending out troll squads to slow others down. It became quicker to just fight monsters in travel to earn skill mastery than doing War. I wouldn't mind if you could just forfeit or speed the fight up, but these groups are annoying as hell because they spend 2-3 minutes buffing, then wipe you out, then you wait another minute to redeploy.

22 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes. Is it even possible to get 60 flags outside of the wars in single game? 

Flags are a rare quest reward. But how rare? Worst case scenario there's a pool of something like 500 rewards so each time you pay 1k gold to refresh the Single mode quests, you get four 1/500 chances to roll a flag... I don't know whether there's a finite pool of quest flags either.

I was today ONLY DOING 500 STEP TRAVEL QUESTS and got no Short Sights so far...

But I have another question... Is every class able to learn Short Sights? Because it seems that Hunters and Witches can't learn Auto-Guard...
So what is when you max a Hunter? Isn't it possible to have the Skill Completionist trophy because he has no Auto-Guard? Or is it possible even without this skill because he can't learn it and it is not a skill for him?

And of course when some classes could not learn Auto-Guard is there maybe any class that can't learn Short Sights and so it does not need Short Sights to get a complete skill set for the trophy?

But I bet every class can learn Short Sights and it is just a utopian theory.... xD

1 hour ago, Alpha-Jinro said:

Is every class able to learn Short Sights? Because it seems that Hunters and Witches can't learn Auto-Guard...
So what is when you max a Hunter? Isn't it possible to have the Skill Completionist trophy because he has no Auto-Guard? Or is it possible even without this skill because he can't learn it and it is not a skill for him?

All classes can't learn all the support skills eg. ranged/magic can't learn some melee specific things and vice versa. Skill Completionist is supposed to pop once you insert all skills they CAN learn.

All classes can learn Short Sights :P

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Sorry, but I just had to laugh. Not at you, but at the STUPID JAPANESE WHO INSIST ON RIDICULOUS GRINDING!!!!!!

The thing is the JP 60 flags trophy isn't even ultra rare, neither on PSN or this site's statistics...

• Like 1

On 21-9-2019 at 8:18 PM, RuLZek said:

The answer is yes. For hiring @Dragon-Archon valkyrie you need to be in same nation - Landerth.

Was I the last person you followed while you were fighting for a different nation?

On 22-9-2019 at 11:32 AM, Kristycism said:

I personally found it by using the Comment "El Psy Kongroo" - there's a couple of squads that come up, but only one with the Squad Name "Dragons". Though I can't actually hire the Valkyrie yet, since I'm with Fiel and the hire is in Landerth, so I need to wait for my contract to expire.

Yeah, I noticed there were a few other captain Dragon and Dragons mercenary squads, so I listed all my info. You can press :cross: to see the full profile and view the online ID without paying the fee. Also, a heads up: my contract is about to expire (today or tomorrow) and I'll be switching nations to test if you obtain a daily flag immediately.

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes. Is it even possible to get 60 flags outside of the wars in single game? 

I have 62 flags so far (without resorting to the DLC flags), so it's possible.

6 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Can someone tell me which stats to level first or can all of the stats be maxed out? For my Valkyrie i have been focusing on STR so far.

If you're only focused on leveling up, max out TEC first. Each point in TEC equals +1% EXP for the unit. If you're not focused on that, read the Stats and Aptitudes part in the guide's Tips & Strategies section.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darkalphar said:

Tier 75 and higher, though, are more expensive and harder to break even even with quick clearing of enemies. So it's better to just stick with level 51 unit as most of time your enemies are under level 50. Even in few cases that you encounter higher level enemies that the pally can't 1hko your minmaxed units will pick them off.

As of now, I've reached level 90+ just by sticking with level 51 paladin, and still making profit in gold. I also should mention that I'm still using only gears bought from Guild shop despite being high levels.

I can't stress enough how much easier and faster everything is once you get to the level 99s Paladins. Since I've been able to hire Sallypally most fights are trivial. Even level 99 squads with all the tricks and traps go down quickly with a few exceptions.

These Paladins have been built up like crazy and are way more powerful than anything anyone can make in the short time the server will still be up. Gold quickly becomes a non-issue.

For anyone aiming for the plat, the grind is going to be way, way worse once the server is down. So my advice is to use these overpowered units while you can.