Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

Probably Dead Rising 4. I have a pretty high tolerance for janky games, but i've had problems even getting the game to run the day I bought it. The first copy I bought from gamefly froze before completing installation so I had to refund it and order a second copy during the next sale, and while the second copy worked for a while the game now freezes if I try loading my save file. I'd be more upset if the game itself wasn't pretty awful to begin with.

Runner ups go to Star Wars Jedi Outcast and 7 Days To Die. Jedi Outcast is a great game, but the PS4 port is absolute hell to play without a mouse to aim with, and 7 Days To Die is pretty much abandoned on PS4 running an extremely old build of the game.

• 2 months later...
On 25/09/2020 at 10:38 PM, cpt_und3rp4nts91 said:

Days Gone - I'm not much into any media with Zombies and the like but the open world, survival style of this game looked quite interesting. i bought it before I got into trophies and played a few hours but really struggled to get into it; it just didn't grip me. However, it is on my profile and it is something I'm going to give another go and probably get the Platinum for; I just sincerely hope it gets better and I like it.

I will admit, I was wrong about Days Gone.

I recently got the Platinum and it's an incredible game, really enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Worst game outright is The Unknown City: Horror Begins Now. Nothing is even close (I might have posted this before, but it bears repeating). 

Worst game that I thought would be good is probably Apotheon. It looked so cool, but it sucked to play, and it was made worse because it crashed an unbelievable number of times. 

ORC SLAYER BY FAR one of the worst games I'VE EVER PLAYED, controls are horrendous, animations make it looks like a mobile game and whenever there's 3+ enemies on screen, the frames drop severely.

2nd place goes to WHITEBOYZ, you can joke all you want but this "game" is just flat out BAD, it's just 2 minigames, one's a "rhythm" game which you can just freakishly shake the controller and it will still count, and the others a "platforming" game which is just....eh, and I actually did 100% it, but they randomly decided to give it DLC for some reason. I know people jokingly say this game is "fantastic" and "10/10" but this game doesn't even deserve that and i'm 99% sure they made it just for the album they also released. yeah you read that right...ALBUM

and those are the 2 worst.

(but i'm still gonna plat Orc Slayer)

NBA 2K20.

There is no competition for me. This game is just a soulless black hole designed to rob you of your time and money. Everything, and I mean everything that I dislike about the modern games industry can be found here, and then some. If I wasn't going to help some people get the Ultimate Collector trophy, I would've quit the game long ago and never looked back. Even thinking about this game makes me angry, which is actually quite rare for me. I have a high tolerance for bad or mediocre games, but this one is just too much.

Honorable mention to Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight, which really should've stayed on mobile devices.

Fear Effect Sedna 

It's been a while since I played it but I remember there was one level where the difficulty just spikes through the roof and the level design was cheap. You warped all over the place and easily got lost and if you died, back to the beginning, it was ok until that level. It's been the only game since the SNES days that I actually threw and broke a controller lol.

Without a doubt: Heavy Rain (PS4)

I've decided to play this game acclaimed because of its story. I think the story was... ok? I don't know. But the rest was completely awful, in particular the gameplay (is that even considered a gameplay?). I hated my life while trying to shake my controller up and down and shaking left to right and viceversa very fast. I've even mastered this last movement with a huge slap to my controller to mimic the movement. 

The absolute worst however are the trophies, some require to waste your time replaying several times the game just to unlock all endings and others require actual skill to understand or, I would say, to interpret these mysterious sixaxis movements. How am I supposed to hold my controller? 

I've also regretted playing Beyond: Two Souls but I think this one is much better in all aspects. Better gameplay, story, mechanics and in general more enjoyable. 

I don't think I'll ever play a QD game ever again. I don't think I'll give a chance to "Detroit: Become Human". 

Edited by ShinySpidey

I'm gonna have to say Crash 4, I'm going for 100% on it currently but I don't enjoy it as much as 1 2 3, the stages at the start got me hooked but half way through the game I started enjoying it less and less then I got to the last 3 areas of the game oh good god I love a challenge but it felt like they were just throwing stuff at you to keep the game going and some of the things that they make you do in it when you're just trying to finish the game normally, it's ridiculous.

Drawn to Death. No question about it.

I don't like or feel the urge to complain about games that I've got through PS Plus, as the game was a bonus. If I play it and aren't too keen on it, then I haven't missed out. Drawn to Death is the exception to that rule. I got it for free and I felt ripped off. It's also the benchmark that I hold other PS Plus games to. That month last year where we got Farming Simulator and people were saying it was the worst month ever? Nah, for me it will always be April 2017.

The 3 trophies I have on it are a scar on my trophy record. Given that it was an online only title with no single player and the servers shut down after less than 2 years, they'll forever be like that. 3 out of 28 - Frozen in time. They serve as a reminder of what I considered one of the worst games I've ever played. Not just on PS4 but ever in my 30 years of life. There's been disappointing games, there's been unfun games and there's been bad games. Drawn to Death checked all 3 of those boxes.

They say to never look a gift horse in the mouth. I say that you should, just on the off chance it's got Drawn to Death in there. 

Edited by AgentSmiz
Thought or more hurtful things to say about the game.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Black Mirror (2017)

The original series of games weren't masterpieces by any means, but they were solid adventure games with an engaging story, beautiful 2d-painted backgrounds and a slew of challenging puzzles,

This 2017 "remake" is a broken mess with PS2-era 3D graphics, broken animations, zero lip synching, terrible voice acting, abysmal story, ridiculous loading times between each location, "mini-games" that consist of you wiggling the analog sticks back and forth a couple of times. There are a total of like 3 puzzles throughout the entire game. The rest of the game you can breeze through in a few hours. That is unless you encounter one of the many game-breaking bugs. There is literally a bug that renders you unable to progress the game, if you go to a specific location at a specific time around midway through the game. You are literally stuck on that screen, unable to leave the screen. You better hope that you made a backup save recently. 

There's also "collectibles" in the form of photo pieces scattered throughout the game, except the game doesn't even bother to tell you what they are for, so you're unsure whether you should even bother collecting those. It turns out that those pieces can be used to access another amazing mini-game from the main menu, where you can put the pieces together to complete a concept art picture. Except the picture that you get is like in 240p definition that you can barely see. They couldn't even include a full resolution image to be used as a wallpaper or something, this is how cheap this mess of a game is.

• 2 weeks later...

Uyy, interesting topic and a tough one as well. 

I'd say that a lot of the indie games should be up there on the list but one of them I hated most was Mecho Tales. Felt bad all around. 

Now for more 'real' games, probably Darksiders II. The first one was so amazing for me, and this one just felt short on a lot of things, ending up on the bad side of it. Did plat it, but hated playing it...hope the third one gets some redemption to the series (haven't played it yet)

And for an honorary mention: Lords of the Fallen. So disappointed with this one...could have been a great game but they messed up good.