Death Stranding Reviews

Ghost

Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later on
    • Will get it on PC

1 minute ago, panikooooos said:

I specifically said "famous" videogame review sites, wtf do I care if "DigitalChumps" with 270 Facebook followers gave Death Stranding a 10 ?? Better question, why do you? Also nearly all of the "reviewers" who gave it a 10, if you look at their profile you'd see they're generous with their scores, they all rate higher than the average reviewer and give plenty of 100s. Literally trying to make a big deal out of nothing.

Ok cool. My opinion is ALL reviews for this are pretty ass. They all lack lots of key info on the game and most feel like they didn't play it. So maybe thats where I think the whole Kojima gets away with things. Either way we disagree, sorry for calling you an ass licker. Just pissed off and took it out here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Ok cool. My opinion is ALL reviews for this are pretty ass. They all lack lots of key info on the game and most feel like they didn't play it. So maybe thats where I think the whole Kojima gets away with things. Either way we disagree, sorry for calling you an ass licker. Just pissed off and took it out here. 

I respect that, thank you, I apologize too if I offended you in any way but I get a bit passionate when I argue with people ? I did enjoy our discussion nonetheless ?

• Like 1

Just now, panikooooos said:

I respect that, thank you, I apologize too if I offended you in any way but I get a bit passionate when I argue with people 1f601.png I did enjoy our discussion nonetheless ?

I guess we're the same lmfao. Very passionate in arguments xD or debates. Naaa not offended lol but I hope that sort of clears up where I sit here. Both sides are giving so little info or ACTUAL reviews its either looking like people are rimming him or they are outright hating him. Im now off to watch my friend for 6hrs again on it

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, bakerboy72682 said:

No..I didn't say you felt sophisticated for playing the game..I said you felt sophisticated because you upvoted a comment that called other games "mindless" and this one "original with a great story." Upvoting a comment incurs that you agree with it, and thus do indeed believe that you are superior for not playing those "mindless" games that everybody else is playing because you're trying something new. Also..I did play the game. When did I ever say I didn't?

I'm sorry, the only thing I can do is to check your profile to see if the game is there. It wasn't. Let's not pretend that people "reviewing" games without actually playing them is something that is not happening often here.

Okay..Cool? I "shat" on this game because it was a review thread. I played it, gave my two cents, and pissed off to do whatever else I was going to do yesterday. What is it with you guys and these immense logical fallacies in your arguments??

Again, I've checked you profile and didn't see the game there, so I assumed you did not play it. Hence my comment.

Okay, this is rich. You get mad at me for shitting on the game, and then argue with me for shitting on the game, and then say that I didn't put any valuable input into the discussion because I shat on the game in a...Review thread. Do you not see the blatant irony here?

Again, how could I possibly see the "blatant irony"? I was writing the comment with the assumption you didn't play the game.

If I had replied and praised the game, this reply wouldn't even exist. You would have upvoted it and moved on, but instead, you saw I didn't like it, got mad, and decided to write this terrible response because my review didn't match yours.

Probably the most important quotation. The point is, I don't mind you don't like the game and as I've already stated in my initial comment, that is NOT the reason why I replied. Since this is the only part of my comment you did not quote, I'll put it here:

On 10/11/2019 at 0:41 PM, BloodyRutz said:

Not to mention I was the one constantly telling to a friend of mine NOT to buy Death Stranding, because I know him and I know what type of games he likes. I expected him to find it boring, but he still decided to buy it and to my surprise, he loves it so far. And I'm sure many people feel the same way.

This is me saying that I understand the game is not for everybody. This friend of mine is playing online shooters most of the time, has zero attention span and is checking his phone during/skipping cinematics. It's not hard to tell that he won't like this game. And it's OK.

Even if he would not like it and I still think he won't in the end, it's OK. Not everybody has the same taste. He got bored with RDR 2, which is much easier game to grasp. But if he would tell me (to put it simply) that this game has no gameplay and it's a stupid walking simulator overhyped because of Kojima? That's a completely different thing. 

There's a difference, at least in my point of view, in saying this..

On 10/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, bakerboy72682 said:

All I wanted to say was.."Okay, it's original. Just not my cup of tea."

..and the following.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:28 AM, bakerboy72682 said:

The only reason people are anywhere near interested in this game is because it has Hideo Kojima written on the front cover. Take that away and this game would receive poorer reviews than a sprinkler system installed inside of a bee nest. It's a walking simulator with (what I assume to be) an incredible story. If you ask me, I'd rather watch the cutscenes online and not have to worry about trekking packages between spots on a massive map for 100 goddamn hours. Doesn't seem fun, and no matter how amazing a story is, it can't make up for boring, repetitive gameplay.

To sum it all up. I've checked your profile and was assuming you did NOT play the game, hence why I said you did not put a valuable input into the discussion. Also the way I understood your initial comment was that people like this game just because they feel "sophisticated" for playing it. These two points made me reply. Not the fact you didn't like the game.

So I guess I was more concentrated on mentioned points than on the initial comment I've upvoted. My bad.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, bakerboy72682 said:

Because you guys all know that deep down inside, you feel cool for playing a game that's different from others on the market.

One more thing. Please, let's not resort to assumptions like this one. I'm 30+ years old and I really don't have these kinds of feelings about playing games. And I think that will also be the case for many others.

To put it simply I'm just glad there's something fresh on the market and now after playing another 10+ hours, I like the game even more.

Edited by BloodyRutz
grammar/formatting
  • Like 2

I've been watching jacksepticeye's playthrough of this game while working on stuff and this does not seem like my type of game.  It seems really cool and the story interests me a bit, but there's something about Kojima games that just don't do it for me.  I had the same issues when it came to interest with MGS5.

On 2019-11-02 at 10:49 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Then you’d be denying the times it has happened. Anyway I don’t give a shit about reviews, I’ve always said that. I’ll be getting it first day, cause its worth the price, actually more than full price technically.

In this case I was wrong, I would give this game 10/10. (And I include, no bugs, no craches and only framedrop once)

If I compare this game to RDR 2 and Days gone, those games are 4/10. Much due to the endless bugs crashes and crazy framedrops)

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:18 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

And with my disc drive being a pain at times, I'd rather go digital (don't want to be playing the physical version and all of a sudden my PS4 spits the disc out as I'm playing it).

hey my ps4 did this as well. became a real problem. i fixed it by taking a screw driver and hammer and smashing my eject button off my ps4. no joke. you can still eject discs via your controller so no worries there. all other ways to fix it before that failed me.

11 hours ago, NoiizeR- said:

In this case I was wrong, I would give this game 10/10. (And I include, no bugs, no craches and only framedrop once)

If I compare this game to RDR 2 and Days gone, those games are 4/10. Much due to the endless bugs crashes and crazy framedrops)

I suppose this is just extremdely subjective after all.

For me it is pretty much the opposite: RDR2 9/10, DS 5-6/10 and I never had a single crash in RDR2.

Edited by GoDBoss173

The funny thing is...

Metal Gear Survive is a better and more fun game to play than Death Stranding.

If you think Im bullshittin... that proves you havent played both.

And props to Kojima Productions for delivering a product without any bugs! Thats rare these days

Edited by LucienNL

On 11/12/2019 at 0:56 PM, LucienNL said:

The funny thing is...

Metal Gear Survive is a better and more fun game to play than Death Stranding.

If you think Im bullshittin... that proves you havent played both.

And props to Kojima Productions for delivering a product without any bugs! Thats rare these days

Sony exclusive titles are generally tested more often and have had their release date pushed back at least once or twice.

I never had a problem running God of War 2018 or Marvel's Spider-Man. I cannot say the same for a lot of Ubisoft games and EA games. Both companies crank out bullshit and garbage because money is all that matters to them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.11.2019 at 9:24 AM, nyonmyan said:

More like Hideo Kojima's last title, har har har

He go make one more game. It will be horror game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/kojimas-getting-ready-to-make-the-scariest-horror-game/?utm_content=buffer1a7c5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw

Edited by Antonius87
  • Like 1