I love low budget games

EdwardTheMartyr

3 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Nowadays most games are AAA high budget games or Indie games. There aren't a lot of games made by small but established studios. New Super Lucky's Tale, The Sinking City, and Terminator: Resistance are some recent B-grade games.

There's something charming about a game that lacks polish. They can still be garbage, but many are underappreciated gems.

You should play Venetica for the PS3.

I bought the game in a bargain bin as I wanted a  V game when I platted the Alphabet.

My first post was about how ugly the game was but as I played the game more it really grew on me and became one of my favourite hidden gems. Now I can totally understand if some people didn't like the game but I for one really enjoyed it.

• Like 4

I got The Sinking City on sale so I'm interested to see how that goes especially since I like the Lovecraft stuff going on in it. I was surprised Terminator: Resistance is getting good reviews though but I guess that rule of "Bad movie = Good tie-in game".

Single-A titles are great for me. Most are polished like the big boys (if not more so), but at a fraction of the cost for just as much entertainment.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

Might eventually play Terminator, haven't decided yet.

The Sinking City was a bit of a surprise. I thought it would be fun but didn't think it would be as interesting as it was. Good game, Frogwares did well.

Edited by Feral
Spaces being spacey
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2019 at 3:55 AM, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Nowadays most games are AAA high budget games or Indie games. There aren't a lot of games made by small but established studios. New Super Lucky's Tale, The Sinking City, and Terminator: Resistance are some recent B-grade games.

There's something charming about a game that lacks polish. They can still be garbage, but many are underappreciated gems.

I just best T: Resistance and I enjoyed it. I do also find jank in less than AAA games charming because you kinda expect it. 

Retail price is bit steep, paid £27 on sale in the UK and only lasted me 10 hrs (7 if you take out my food breaks. )

On 11/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

You should play Venetica for the PS3.

I bought the game in a bargain bin as I wanted a  V game when I platted the Alphabet.

My first post was about how ugly the game was but as I played the game more it really grew on me and became one of my favourite hidden gems. Now I can totally understand if some people didn't like the game but I for one really enjoyed it.

Damn you...I hyave this game in my backlog...now I'll have to try it

..and I was planning on getting hip-deep into Diablo III for th foirst time thius weekend...

well, that and more Vodka...

21 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Damn you...I hyave this game in my backlog...now I'll have to try it

..and I was planning on getting hip-deep into Diablo III for th foirst time thius weekend...

well, that and more Vodka...

I mean it takes all kinds but I personally really liked this game.

If you hate it don't blame me but I think it is a very underrated game and I know a few other people that really liked it as well

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

I mean it takes all kinds but I personally really liked this game.

If you hate it don't blame me but I think it is a very underrated game and I know a few other people that really liked it as well

Image result for love the underdog meme"

I ALWAYS love a Sleeper!

VENETICA...I CHOOSE YOU!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I look forward to the status updates :)

I will go as far as to say...I like it better than Skyrim (that's right haters...come at me :P )

I would have completed Skyrim if it wasn't a complete programming failure with massive amounts of bad coding with life-eating bugs throughout.

I shall give Venetica a go tomorrow...

(tonight I'm too drunk)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would agree with you if they weren't asking for 60 dollars.  Indivisible came out at 40, A plague tale 50, Yooka Laylee 40, Celeste 20. All games made by Indie and smaller studios with way more polish.  When I see a physical copy of Terminator for 20 dollars or less, Ill add it to my collection.

This is exactly how I felt with the JRPG Last Rebellion on PS3. Many people bashed it due to its complex numbered turn based system. But in actually I found it to be quite unique and gave a different spin to how most JRPG's are played overall. In addition to the combat, many people found the story to lackluster and forgettable. But for me, while I do agree it was meh, I wouldn't go as far to say it was lackluster. For the most part the story did make sense and was a bit quirky. It was just hard to feel if the story was supposed to make you feel if there was any true meaning behind it. This can also be because of its short and repetitive gameplay. 

• 1 month later...