tjoe1bkhjtqxm

Platinum rarity in 1-2 years?

23 posts in this topic

Do you think it will ever become an "Uncommon" platinum? 

 

Just curious, of course I'll achieve the platinum of this masterpiece.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not an 100-Hour-Platin and it's not really grindy or hard. So I think: PSN: 3-5 %, PSN-Profiles: 10-20%.

 

Edited by Sikutai
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Do you think it will ever become an "Uncommon" platinum?

 

I don't know, but definitely not UR since the game can be done on very easy (I know hard difficulty is necessary to obtain LoL grade, but difficulty doesn't impact delivery).

 

Personal estimate:

Difficulty: 3/10

Time: 70-90 hours

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, reiner- said:

 

I'd have to agree and disagree with Sikutai.

It is grindy, especially getting 5 stars for each person but I have never had so much fun grinding it out. Having a blast with this game. 

I'm going to feel lost once it's completed.

 

Hi, not grindy for my experiences. I am a Free to Play Games Player and for me are 500 hours games grindy.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Do you think it will ever become an "Uncommon" platinum?

Nope. The game will end up on PS Plus. The effect is well known.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

 

Hi, not grindy for my experiences. I am a Free to Play Games Player and for me are 500 hours games grindy.

 

Wow.

I applaud your dedication. :yay:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Maybe by the time PS6 rolls around...

Nonsense. "Detroit: Become Human" was added to PS Plus less than 18 months after its initial release. "Death Stranding" falls into the exact same catgory: a AAA first party title that does not move that many numbers. It's a perfect choice for PS Plus. And since Sony drastically increased the quality of PS Plus games lately, "Death Stranding" will most likely be picked in the same time window.

Edited by Santa
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PlayStation exclusive games are surprisingly common (when I say common I mean over 1 in 5 people on this site has it) like Bloodbourne and Horizon. They are both 40 hour games and the former I hear is quite tough. 

Unless it it goes to PS Plus, it probably won’t be. Many people are willing to put in the hours for time consuming games, so the way I see it, if you’re after UR platinums, don’t bother. You’d be wasting your time. Just play it normally and move on. 

 

A side note: 

There are so many easy ultra rare games on the PS3 that would never be UR on the PS4 (Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, MW3, Fear 3 I could go on for days, all the 3s :D) 

Players are more hardcore nowadays 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

Players are more hardcore nowadays 

Is that the reason why so many people buy Ratalaika games by the dozen? Yeah, for sure... ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

Players are more hardcore nowadays 

No, AAA games a lot easier and straight forward nowadays (otherwise they wouldn't sell so much, not everyone is good at videogames).It's not for the hardcore players. Most of them (especially Sony exclusives) don't even have online or Co-Op trophies

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

No, AAA games a lot easier and straight forward nowadays (otherwise they wouldn't sell so much, not everyone is good at videogames).It's not for the hardcore players. Most of them (especially Sony exclusives) don't even have online or Co-Op trophies

 

34 minutes ago, Santa said:

Is that the reason why so many people buy Ratalaika games by the dozen? Yeah, for sure... ;)

You missed my point. I meant games are more time consuming nowadays for rewarding more empty hours of generic open world gameplay, hardcore just means to me spending more hours in front of the TV, not necessarily being challenged. Don’t twist my words. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most trophy hunters don't give a shit about the rarity. For you guys out there who do, you are playing the wrong game.

 

I can list a whole bunch of indie PS4 games that have much lower rarity than most of your standard AAA games, yet are exciting.

 

The average person typically buys three to five AAA games a year, plays through the story, and doesn't bother with the rest of the content. I try to go the extra mile by completing all DLC that contains trophies, and I play a few obscure indie games that most people outright skip.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't go above 10% in my opinion, it's not hard but it takes time, I got the platinum in 79 hours and I enjoyed almost every moment, the grind was not too bad with the ziplines and highways I had by then. I think it will be similar to Metal Gear Solid V, just a little bit easier and shorter, so my bet is 6-8% 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Santa said:

Nope. The game will end up on PS Plus. The effect is well known.

 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Nonsense. "Detroit: Become Human" was added to PS Plus less than 18 months after its initial release. "Death Stranding" falls into the exact same catgory: a AAA first party title that does not move that many numbers. It's a perfect choice for PS Plus. And since Sony drastically increased the quality of PS Plus games lately, "Death Stranding" will most likely be picked in the same time window.

 

DBH went down in rarity by about 0.1% thanks to PS+... I'm obviously exaggerating, but I don't see any effect there to be honest. 

 

 

On topic: Death Stranding is now at about the same rarity that Red Dead Redemption 2 is one year after release. Both seem to be more or less equally long, with RDR2 probably having the more tedious trophy list. I expect Death Stranding to go up to the 10-15% range in a couple of months. Many easy but time consuming games (that have a large fanbase) go up to that range. I'm thinking Persona 5 or The Witcher III, for example :) 

Edited by Arcesius
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Do you think it will ever become an "Uncommon" platinum? 

 

Just curious, of course I'll achieve the platinum of this masterpiece.

 

Good question, it might. I'd predict it'll stick at either Rare or Uncommon.

 

I'd guess it's possible that the time it takes to platinum will increase if lots of players drop off to play other things, based on the assumption that less players = less player items in your world which puts all the emphasis on you footing the bill for items and materials alone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

 

 

DBH went down in rarity by about 0.1% thanks to PS+... I'm obviously exaggerating, but I don't see any effect there to be honest. 

 

 

On topic: Death Stranding is now at about the same rarity that Red Dead Redemption 2 is one year after release. Both seem to be more or less equally long, with RDR2 probably having the more tedious trophy list. I expect Death Stranding to go up to the 10-15% range in a couple of months. Many easy but time consuming games (that have a large fanbase) go up to that range. I'm thinking Persona 5 or The Witcher III, for example :) 

Hold on there my boy, I wish RDR 2 were equally long, it took a full month playing on a daily basis, probably like 3 or 4 times DS, even though it seems to be less tedious on the online portion now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Hold on there my boy, I wish RDR 2 were equally long, it took a full month playing on a daily basis, probably like 3 or 4 times DS, even though it seems to be less tedious on the online portion now.

 

Yeah I was going by personal experience on the one game, and by guide estimates on the other, but you're right, RDR2 is probably longer. Took me ~160h to get the plat, but I haven't played Death Stranding. 

 

So I'm even more confident in my 10-15% estimate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking just < 10% .  Too long/grindy.  I would guess 8-9%.  It will be fun to re-visit to see where it comes out.

 

 

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Ziplines this plat is probs about 90 hours average. 3f5 for the story, 55 for clean up.  I guess that 55 could be considered a grind but so far I'm 20 or so hours into that grind and still having fun.  I personally think this game will have a dedicated fanbase and will hit 20 percent psnp and 3-4 percent psn.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Konrave said:

 

I don't know, but definitely not UR since the game can be done on very easy (I know hard difficulty is necessary to obtain LoL grade, but difficulty doesn't impact delivery).

 

Personal estimate:

Difficulty: 3/10

Time: 70-90 hours

 

This is completely unrelated but hey, you left a trike near a mule camp that really helped me out earlier today! I remember seeing your name above it.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2019 at 11:05 AM, Sikutai said:

This is not an 100-Hour-Platin and it's not really grindy or hard. So I think: PSN: 3-5 %, PSN-Profiles: 10-20%.

 

 

I disagree with myself now, new predinction: PSN: 0,8 - 1%, PSN-Profiles: 6-8%.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.