Playability?

Appappachai

Is this game playable yet? I tried this game about 4 years ago, and the lag/ framerate was so bad I could barely do anything. I hate having this game sitting at 1%, but I can't bring myself to stutter through a game like it was. I read somewhere that the xbox versions and the PC versions were patched, but the PS4 version was still not quite up to par. I'd really like to get this completion up and eliminate at least the story crap. Does anyone know if this is playable yet?

When I played it, it was mostly okay. Definitely not 60FPS but tolerable besides one area which had rain, then it went down to about 5FPS or less but you just power through it. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty and just needed to do post grind so I would say give it another go, you've already got it on your list so you can only gain from it. 

On 12/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, Phantochi said:

Just bought this one on the sale, didn't know it have performance issues, that sucks, guess that's why it's cheap

It had performance issues so bad I couldn't play it about 4 years ago. It was notorius. I was hoping people could tell me they fixed that and that I could finally check it off my list. I wasn't a trophy hunter yet when I tried it, and I hate having 1% of a game. Working on clearin that some during the holidays if money allows

23 hours ago, Appappachai said:

It had performance issues so bad I couldn't play it about 4 years ago. It was notorius. I was hoping people could tell me they fixed that and that I could finally check it off my list. I wasn't a trophy hunter yet when I tried it, and I hate having 1% of a game. Working on clearin that some during the holidays if money allows

I've had no slow downs in big fights, only time it slows down is when you active a fast travel portal, where the game pauses for a few seconds.

30 people have the plat, so it must be doable

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, Appappachai said:

Is this game playable yet? I tried this game about 4 years ago, and the lag/ framerate was so bad I could barely do anything. I hate having this game sitting at 1%, but I can't bring myself to stutter through a game like it was. I read somewhere that the xbox versions and the PC versions were patched, but the PS4 version was still not quite up to par. I'd really like to get this completion up and eliminate at least the story crap. Does anyone know if this is playable yet?

This may come off as rude/asshole... ish, but what was the point of creating this thread? You own the game and it's already sitting on your list at 1% so no more damage could possibly be done here to your completion rating. Redownload, boot it up, play around for a little and see for yourself whether or not anything was fixed. I mean it's the logical thing I would have done instead of creating a thread to ask about it and have to wait around in the meantime for a response. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just saying that by doing what I suggested you'd probably already have the answer to your question long before anyone even replied.

On another note to anyone willing to answer: are there any beneficial glitches, cheats, etc., that would help make this game easier because from all I've read the game is super dooper frustrating... and that's just on the easiest setting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

This may come off as rude/asshole... ish, but what was the point of creating this thread? You own the game and it's already sitting on your list at 1% so no more damage could possibly be done here to your completion rating. Redownload, boot it up, play around for a little and see for yourself whether or not anything was fixed. I mean it's the logical thing I would have done instead of creating a thread to ask about it and have to wait around in the meantime for a response. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just saying that by doing what I suggested you'd probably already have the answer to your question long before anyone even replied.

On another note to anyone willing to answer: are there any beneficial glitches, cheats, etc., that would help make this game easier because from all I've read the game is super dooper frustrating... and that's just on the easiest setting!

I wanted a consensus to see if it was worth buying again. I have a very limited amount of money, and very limited time, so I wanted to see if other trophy hunters had tried to hunt it in the four years since I borrowed it from family video. After I got my responses, I picked the game up cheap and booted it up. It’s a little better than 4 years ago, but I wouldn’t have found that out with out getting some faith from this thread that it was worth buying again to find out.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 24.12.2020 at 10:11 AM, fbdbh said:

I did, and it’s gloriously smooth :) It has hitches at checkpoints, but the combat itself is now very nice, no framerate dips at the first bossfight. 

Edit: The next area, the snowy region has some minor framerate issues, but it’s playable. 

Awesome. I might play this at some point then. Lots of ultra rares ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Abit of a necro bump.

I haven't played since launch. And have been putting off playing after running into issues with crafting all master spells mutipule times; falling thru the world on the end game portals and causing it to kill me or crash game ( preventing all portals on 1 life or what ever the trophy was)

Unsure if that was fixed.

Think the biggest gripe I had about the title was how it throws ya into ng+ soon as ya kill the final boss.

And everything gets like. A 5x hp/def mutipliyer when ya go from doing 100s of thousands an smashing face to thousands-10s thousands and hardly ticketing anything.

That aside 

Is the title more stable ? 

(Wasn't a fan of the huge grind for sigils x.x )

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It runs decent on PS5, though there still is a bit of stutter at checkpoints. Except for the crashing. It's not unstable to the point that the 2020 PlayMagic XIII remake was, but the crashing is enough to bother me. Right after taking down Rogiro and his demon, I had the game crash before loading the next stage. Then I had to repeat this boss fight. ? Not amused with that.

The crashing is not near as bad as the PlayMagic XIII remake, but it's still a problem. I'd gladly pay $10 for a PS5 upgrade if it didn't crash. Lichdom is a good PC game, but the PS port needs more work.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

On the PS4 it's very infuriating. Long loading times and slowdowns when encountering many enemies every so often. The saving grace would be that despite the numerous blue screens you'll inevitable experience, no save game corruptions occured - always back up your save as a precaution though.

NG+ definitely tested my patience more than once. Going through all six required portals without the option to save, only for the game to crash upon exiting the last portal can make anybody rage.

When trying to increase the portal level to 20, it definitely didn't help that there wasn't a clear system how to progress and then have it saved permanently.

More than once it reverted to a lower level, completely pissing me off, and I believe that by warping to the end boss, defeating it and completing the first available portal was how I was able to finally progress.

Final words: the people responsible for the game ought to be skinned alive for what they released upon humanity. It's not like this is a hard game or unachievable by any means, but it's rather a test in why you personally trophy hunt. 

The redeeming factor would be that this game will set you straight.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 1