Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

On 10/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

@Briste Vinyl doesn't include CDs in my opinion.

When you need a recommendation for a Rogue Like I would suggest The Binding of Isaac. It's my favourite Rogue Like.

Mine either, I just thought I saw it somewhere that'd be acceptable. I could be ? making this up though. As it turned out, it didn't matter for my games lol

On 5.10.2020 at 11:17 AM, WDB_Chaotic said:

My September game was Uncharted 2 remaster, the Nathan drake collection had a vinyl available.

As for this month I need some clarification, would a lego game count, since theyre typically haha we are lego? 

LEGO games don't speak to the player or act like there is somebody actually playing, so it doesn't count.

I finished Dragon Quest Heroes this month. Doesn't qualify as HC or any challenges but def counts for a 4th wall tap. Each of the playable characters can build up 'tension' and bust out a super move. One of the characters supers pokes fun at the frustration of his crappy Death spell.

One of the comments to this video says it's actually a reference to this character being AI controlled in DQ4 and constantly spamming "Thwack" to no effect instead of doing anything useful. :awesome:

Edited by Metal Slime King

Finished Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground series of 5 games for 1 combined plat in this event. Pokes so many holes in the 4th wall it ends up looking like mesh. Counts as HC since there is a sentient Pong console that lives in your car. The game is 10 years old and I started this month. This is probably the best trophy icon to represent the game, imo.
10L28da25.png

Although it doesn't apply to me this game reminded me that Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations also has a sentient Gameboy that walks around your treehouse, if anyone is still looking for a quick title for this month's theme.

For this month, I submit:

MediEvil

Not the best example, but it works. In particular, when looking at the Book of Gallowmere, the Corn Killers are described as "Lazy video game developers keeping you from advancing the game too far", or something like that.

Also, I started and completed the game this month.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Im gonna use these two games this month

1Sa9cd13.png Control (JP) Think it counts. The main character is constantly talking to the player, who she believes is a helpful entity from another dimension.

Also maybe

Without Escape (vita) which would count for started this month and HC solely because there is a Gamecube in one shot of one room. But that's a stretch.

Not sure if this counts but in LEGO Jurassic World, Jimmy Fallon voices himself in the game with both Jimmy Fallon and Steven Spielberg (the original director) are both playable characters.  Also, T-Rex winks at the screen at one point when getting its teeth brushed.

Otherwise, a skip for me this month and I'll use the plat for LEGO Jurassic World as the image.

Edited by Kevvik

September Game: Far Cry 3 Classic Edition: Has a CD Soundtrack and the Music can be found on Ubisoft's official YouTube Channel

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that you started this month

October Game: Batman: Arkham Asylum: I can't find a clip that proves it, but there's a point near the end of the Riddler's side quest where he'll call you up and ask "Are you looking up the answers on the internet." There's also the infamous "game breaking" scene a good deal into the game.

• A 10 year old game (Aug 25, 2009)

Platinum trophies: 104 (+22)
100% completed: 129 (+28)
Completion: 92.77% (+0.95)

Finished up four games in October, but only one counts I think.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - I think this one qualifies for the theme. If you try to act on something with the wrong hero, the PC will turn and look at you and put his arms in the air like 'What am I supposed to do with that?' I also used it in the Halloween Bounty Hunter event.

Mad Max - Doesn't count for anything but adding for posterity.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - ibid

Vampyr - likewise

Every game I beat this month was pretty enjoyable however. I played Mad Max to beat the server shutdown and actually had a lot of fun with that. FF7R is my favorite game of the year so far (rated higher due to rose colored glasses, but still was good regardless I think). Vampyr was something I had thought about buying previously and was happy to see it free on PS+ for Halloween. Beat it today for the Vampyr event thread and was also a game I enjoyed quite a bit. LEGO Batman was special since it was the first game I plat'd with my son who is 6. I played 99% of the game only if he was playing (did the secret level alone since he didn't like that level when we played it together). All in all a pretty good month for me. I finally started Mass Effect so hopefully that'll count some how for the November theme. I haven't looked at what it is yet so fingers crossed lol

October Stats:

Platinums: 113 + 4 ~> 127

100%: 137 + 4 ~> 141

Completion: 97.85% ~> 97.20 (-0.65%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 25 ~> 127

100%: 117 + 24 ~> 141

Completion:  99.14% ~> 97.20% (-1.94%)

6 minutes ago, ZachGM91 said:

I can't find a clip that proves it, but there's a point near the end of the Riddler's side quest where he'll call you up and ask "Are you looking up the answers on the internet."

lol I remember that part. I've beaten that game twice and thought that the Riddler was asking Batman if he was looking stuff up on the internet, however I think it makes more sense in the context of the Riddler's side quest that he is talking to you.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

I completed 2 games in October

Spoiler

1.Destroy All Humans!

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Anything released before or within 2010 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games)
  • Complete a game that was released during the last 6 month(remaster was released in July)

2.Deadpool

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Hunter226037/gamecollection

On 1.11.2020 at 3:00 AM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Last-minute update, since I completed all DLC content available for Middle Earth: Shadow of war wich counts for a challenge if I remember correctly:yay:

Not when you use a skip.

I'll use a skip as well. I continued with Tearaway Unfolded but didn't finish it. What I finished, however, was Saint's Row The Third: Remastered.

Everybody is updated and sorry for the long wait. I had a very bussy month which will continue next month as well. The theme rollover will be made tomorrow but you already can start to earn your ranks for November. The theme is the multiple ending one.

OMG I forgot to post, I'm sorry those last few days I was quite busy, anyway, I have a question there's a scene in my game that kind felt like a 4th wall break however I am not so sure because I am not familiar with this theme, I will post a link so someone could review it,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAadi304gY&feature=youtu.be&t=180 if you would not able to do or it's not a 4th wall break, it's fine just use my last skip. The game is Donut County.

1S8aaccc.png Donut County

Anyway here's the stats:

Platinum trophies: this month 41 (+1) / all year (+10);
  100% completed: this month 52 (+1) / all year (+10);
  Completion: 51.86% this month (0.25%) / this year (0,27%).

So, my plat for this month came early and it is Persona 4 Golden what an amazing game it was, 3 full playthroughs, and enjoyed every second of it, the game features about 5-6 endings. The main protagonist decides to join the antagonist in one of the endings, but he does not die in any thou... Still, I'm really happy to finally have that plat and make it my number 100 nevertheless :yay:

Good luck and keep the hunt!!!

• Like 1

On 2.11.2020 at 10:37 PM, Gesyca said:

OMG I forgot to post, I'm sorry those last few days I was quite busy, anyway, I have a question there's a scene in my game that kind felt like a 4th wall break however I am not so sure because I am not familiar with this theme, I will post a link so someone could review it,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAadi304gY&feature=youtu.be&t=180 if you would not able to do or it's not a 4th wall break, it's fine just use my last skip. The game is Donut County.

1S8aaccc.png Donut County

Anyway here's the stats:

Platinum trophies: this month 41 (+1) / all year (+10);
  100% completed: this month 52 (+1) / all year (+10);
  Completion: 51.86% this month (0.25%) / this year (0,27%).

It's not what the theme asked for. The game doesn't mention the player so I used your skip for that.

November's theme will be "It can't end like thst..."

Reaching the end of a game is always an accomplishment.

For some games it isn't enought to have only one ending but several alternate ones.

Any game that has more than one ending counts for this month.

Examples: Erica, Persona 4, Saint's Row: The Third.

Not all endings are happy endings.

Sometimes bad things happen to the protagonist.

For the hardcore theme the protagonist has to die in at least one of the endings.

Examples: Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dragon Age Origins

Here are the reminder for those without a game for October:

@AmarisSkye, @Hisuiryu666, @MeanEdge89, @The_Raltos, @vin_rob, @WDB_Chaotic

And the people with three months in a row:

@Rello-Evante

I finally had time to update to the new month's theme.

• Like 1