Online service to cease in 2019.

grifteskymfning

Thank you for playing Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on the PlayStation®Vita system since its release on July 26th, 2016.

Unfortunately, the North American and European online services for this game, specifically the Multiplayer, Wanderer Aid/Rescue, and Ranking systems, are shutting down at the end of December 2019.

Please continue to enjoy the adventure in its entirety offline.

From Aksys Games just now.

Ah well, it's been on my list of games to start for a while now and will probably remain that way. Intended to do it without the online anyway but guess I'll just keep an eye to look at if it's possibly to do everything offline, as you never actually know about these things until the services actually shut down (Grand Kingdom anyone?).

• Like 2

On 20.12.2019 at 8:12 PM, DEI2EK said:

According to this, no.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/shiren-the-wanderer-the-tower-of-fortune-and-the-dice-of-fate-na-eu/guide/

This would be an online-only trophy, but you can actually pull off this trophy by saving yourself with a separate save file. 

Just did that rescue trophy .. but seriously I am not so sure, if it really works completly offline.

I did that as said with a longform code and I have a feeling, that the server is needed for completing this trophy.

Took me just 1 hour (needed to find in first of all as well :P), so it's really not much work and if you wanna be safe, you might do it before the shutdown :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Just did that rescue trophy .. but seriously I am not so sure, if it really works completly offline.

I did that as said with a longform code and I have a feeling, that the server is needed for completing this trophy.

Took me just 1 hour (needed to find in first of all as well :P), so it's really not much work and if you wanna be safe, you might do it before the shutdown :)

Yeah, would be nice to confirm if it actually works offline.

Any chance you could just hit airplane mode on the vita and see if it's possible to initiate a rescue or if it prompts for an online connection?

Also, if you have an easy code that can be used for the rescue from the beginning of the game that you could share, that'd be nice too (based on what I read anyone can use a code but each person can only use it once).

EDIT: Actually thinking about the rescue feature, it'd have to connect the two players somehow to tell the other player that they've been rescued. That said, it seems to be doable via ad-hoc (like most of the game's multiplayer features) so the trophy should remain possible via two consoles even after the online shuts down.

Edited by IDiivil

So I just died with my 2nd save file.

Since I am interested, if that works, that people can rescue me more then 1 time, I post the longform code here.

Dungeon: Merchant's Hideout, 1st stage

Code: https://ibb.co/HTD7t0X

The creation of the code worked with airplane mode.

Try to search for it with airplane mode as well, so we can check, if that works with 1 Vita.

Since I dont have this game 2 times or doesn't have friends with this game, I cant test AdHoc :)

Let's see, if that works :)

Good luck everyone ^^

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, jayboo1991 said:

So I just died with my 2nd save file.

Since I am interested, if that works, that people can rescue me more then 1 time, I post the longform code here.

Dungeon: Merchant's Hideout, 1st stage

Code: https://ibb.co/HTD7t0X

The creation of the code worked with airplane mode.

Try to search for it with airplane mode as well, so we can check, if that works with 1 Vita.

Since I dont have this game 2 times or doesn't have friends with this game, I cant test AdHoc :)

Let's see, if that works :)

Good luck everyone ^^

Just finished Tower of Past.

Where is Merchant Hideout?

5 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

It's in the beginner town in the Dungeon building :) there, where you can join in different dungeons ^^

thanks i got the trophy i pretty sure flightmodus was on but after i got trophy i remember i tried to see if multiplayer works and it asked me to turn wifi on. i was able to sync my trophies after that even with flight modus on. so yes im sure the trophy will be able to be gotten with internet turned of but people should actually do it right now just to be sure. again thank you alot!

is there any other trophies i need online for?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, luckyegg said:

thanks i got the trophy i pretty sure flightmodus was on but after i got trophy i remember i tried to see if multiplayer works and it asked me to turn wifi on. i was able to sync my trophies after that even with flight modus on. so yes im sure the trophy will be able to be gotten with internet turned of but people should actually do it right now just to be sure. again thank you alot!

is there any other trophies i need online for?

Yeah sounds like it works offline. I'll probably give it a go later at some point to confirm.

We believe there's no actual trophies tied to the online functionality then. The only systems in the game are the rankings and the rescue (which you can do via ad-hoc), and then you get rescue points as well. I haven't actually played the game but based on what I read about the game online, it doesn't seem like there's anything that should require the online.

I'm about 99% sure it's obtainable with the online shut down. The only trophy anyone ever speculated that could be online only is definitely doable offline (I did it 100% in airplane mode and someone has obtained it in 2020 as well).

The 1% accounts for some mysterious thing no one took into account but seeing as the game's MP is pretty much built around adhoc instead of the online, I don't believe in this chance.

Of course if you want to be sure, you can just wait for someone who started the game in 2020 to plat it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2023 at 6:22 AM, Buriki-One said:

I just bought the game and cannot wait to start this 2D rpg game on my Vita. 

The game seems pretty difficult old school and cannot found any walk-through or tips but I'm glad to know all trophies are offline doable.

There's actually lots of good resources for Shiren! I namely recommend the following:

Shiren the Wanderer: Tower of Fortune Wiki (sharksnack.github.io)

The tips served me well! I personally printed out the monster lists to keep track of what I had and what I needed.

It's an amazing series, I had a blast with it... even if I wanted to hurl my Vita out a window a few times. Namely after wiping on Floor 96 of Destiny's Descent. Had to take a 2 weeks break after that, haha. Take your time with it for sure! I'm hoping we'll see Shiren 6 on PS5 eventually (If only we had a Vita 2.0)! I recommend looking into the two other entries we got in the West if you end up enjoying the series (a port of the first Shiren on DS and Shiren 3 on Wii)! Shiren 6 is coming out on Switch next month as well!

• Like 1