Take-Two Wants to Speed Up Game Development by Limiting Launch Content

DarkLordSHTR

With the amount of coin they made from GTAV it's a wonder why Take2 would want to speed development up when they can just milk online modes for several years.

11 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I look forward to seeing how measured and rational the replies to this thread will be.

How was that? ?

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1

We only had one game from Rockstar this generation, along with a remaster from GTA V (which was a last gen game). I was actually thinking about this the other day. It's no doubt they've been making a killing off GTA Online and very likely delayed the release of the next GTA game by a few years because of it. It's kind of a sad set of events, but I hope they are able to focus on letting their studios make more games again like they used to.

P.S. I have no objections to that chart in the top post xD 

• Like 1

On 18.1.2020 at 1:04 AM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick said in an interview for GamesIndustry.biz that games will be slightly smaller in the future. The development time is also to be shortened. In return, we will receive more post-release content

With 'receive', they mean 'pay for'. And with 'slightly', they mean 'significantly'. Or in other words: mo' money.

3 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Terrible imo. its gonna mean you are paying $120 in the end for what should be on $60 game

Also gives them more opportunity to put out games that don't fully work and say we will fix this in the next patch

4 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

With 'receive', they mean 'pay for'. And with 'slightly', they mean 'significantly'. Or in other words: mo' money.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:03 PM, Helyx said:

Are we so used to having incomplete games that this seems like a "business plan" instead of us getting the shaft?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:25 PM, colia100 said:

Another dlc scam plan...

I agree with all of the above. I have gotten to the point where I wait to buy a game for about a year as a lot of times they release a "Complete Edition" depending on the company.

• Like 3