Trophy thoughts?

FaithInterlude

3 minutes ago, FaithInterlude said:

Oh wow, the Yakuza 0 platinum took me around that time.

Yakuza 5 is a huge game, even in comparison to other games in the series. It has 5 different playable characters, 5 cities, and it's just filled to the brim with minigames/side content. It can be a bit overwhelming at times when you spend a whole day playing the game only to see that your completion percentage has only gone up by a tiny amount, but it's an amazing game. Definitely one of my favourite in the series - up there with Yakuza 0 for sure. Good luck to anyone who decides to tackle this monster of a platinum. ;)

Just now, Katt said:

Comedy Team god damn, not again. Hardest trophy in the game. Yes, that's right harder than Ultimate Battles.

Tell me about it. :lol: Getting the correct timing on that is incredibly difficult if you don't understand Japanese.

• Like 1

If anyone isn’t aware - and maybe they fixed this in the PS4 version - Premium Adventure/post game stuff doesn’t carry over when you go to New Game or other difficulties. That’s going to make some of these more painful than they are in the other games in the series, so if you’re doing 100%, might want to grab a guide/walkthrough first.

Beyond that, looks like a fairly standard Yakuza list; git gud at all minigames, tick off the completion list, and fight-fight-fight. It’ll be fun. Probably remain without a Plat on my gamerfard (like the rest of the series) just because I can’t win Mahjong or Shogi to save my life, and I think this one uses the godawful darts controls from 4, but it’ll be nice to get 60-70% at least.

Only change I can see to this list is the description for Benevolent Dragon, which now makes mention of the retranslated Morning Glory (previously Sunshine), and the story chapter-related Trophies which now have names - the Platinum also has had its name changed and its icon now also features the RGG Studio logo instead of the game's logo. As someone who got the Platinum relatively recently (taking longer than I should due to being abroad and away from my PS3 and my brother breaking our only controller), this is an incredibly long but incredibly fun game and Platinum. Well worth picking up and sinking your teeth into.

However, I dread having to redo the worst parts of my PS3 Platinum run; the God-awful Coliseum requirements which want you to beat all events with all characters. Would have been easy-peasy if just one character was enough, but carrying Akiyama and Shinada through these challenges, that were clearly not designed with them in mind, was bloody awful and some of the worst experiences I've had with the series.

9 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I own 3 and 4 on disc for PS3 but 5 is the only Yakuza game I haven't played. Debating over getting the remasters physically even though I will probably never get the Plats. 

Get the physical edition, my man - it's a really nice bundle including a bloody Yakuza 5 PS3 case of all things! Even if you don't go for the Plats, these are very nice remasters of great games (YMMV on Yakuza 3, I personally loved it but then it was my first Yakuza game) and well worth owning.

Edited by Golem25

I plunged nearly 300 hours into the Japanese version of Yakuza 5 and just gave up on 100% trophy, can you ever say a game has too much content? Doubt I am going to get this.

I wish they would rerelease Of The End, the Zombie shooter. I liked that one and it often failed to do 30fps, would love to see that at 60fps.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

never played 3 4 or 5. and not aiming for plats. So how long would 5 take to beat on normal doing say 20 sidequests and some random misc. trophies?

The story is about 41 hours just going on the main story so I say add 10-20 hours on that this is the longest yakuza game 

Yakuza 5 is the most time consuming platinum in the series in my experience. It has been over 3 years since I got it so I don’t remember everything too clearly, but arena mode in particular still sticks out in my mind.

I also guess it's the most time consuming, due to the 100% completion. All Heat Moves, 4 Entries in the Coliseum Section, most Minigames in the whole series and a complete Weapon Modding (which was most time consuming in 0, but you didn't need 100%), speaks for itself.

Didn't played this on PS3, so I can't say anything about the difficulty, but I guess I'll end at about 200h or more.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:09 AM, Katt said:

Comedy Team god damn, not again. Hardest trophy in the game. Yes, that's right harder than Ultimate Battles.

It is easy in the remaster, they added timer to know when the perfect time to answer. 

Edited by z-Blazee