What do you personally find annoying about the MP?

GilgaMax305

Two days ago I've finished both journeys and I think it's safe to say that the MP is surprisingly enjoyable...:) HOWEVER I couldn't help but feel that they were quite a few things that were a bit frustrating. -_- *Cough* Bow users *Cough* If you all wouldn't mind I would be happy to know what you think about the MP and what do you think could of been better, plus what  REALLY pissed you off in it? xD Share you thoughts with me gamers :D

DEVILKIDGAME15.png

Personally, the most annoying thing to me is the people who complain about the game having multiplayer. I haven't come across anything in the actual game that particularly annoys me. I love the fact that we have an option to select "no parties" and hope other shooters give us that option as well.

Parker 

• Like 2

Nobody that uses a mic actually wants to communicate strategy. Yo...if you die in survivors, our chances of winning that round go way down. The only people with mics on the game just wanna talk shit.

I agree.  I have a headset and haven't used it yet because it is all of them playing music or just shooting the shit.

To the OP I personally like the bow, I hate the silenced sniper rifle the most.

The only thing I get annoyed with is the apparent lack of balancing on the teams. Other than that the multiplayer is a blast and my new fave.

That's a Naughty Dog issue. Anything else annoying is always 'player made', with the most annoying being, allies not reviving you when they have ample opportunity.

I didn't find anything annoy about the mp on there it was just the people on the mp that annoyed the hell out of me. People arguing and cussing at each other after matches. Calling each all types of name, being called a hacker after having a good match. One dude even said he was going to kill me and my family just because I owned his team in a match, like really its just a video game get a fucking life. Then again everything I mentioned is on just about every mp game which it really the only reason I hate mp on games

People are pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. People like this should have all their games and internet access taken away until they learn how to act like an adult, like a normal member of society, like a human being and not like an animal.... no, I take that back, that's insulting to the animals....

(It really makes me sick when I read/hear things like this. I'd grief report him)
Edited by ShadowGandalf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeahh,, mostly people using headhset is talking shit lol... :blah:  so i never used it. *mute

oohhh and i remember there's someone singing rap and i just thought in my mind
"this is not concert, but battlefield, Ohh.. my my god" <_<

Edited by Nfs_Z

First, let me say that I LOVE the multiplayer in TLOU

Before I got the game, I was very sceptical and thought it was a silly move from NaughtyDog to put this in, but boy have I changed my mind!

The only thing I find annoying is the same I find annyoing in all multiplayer games: people are so selfish and would rather pick up some loot than to help a downed member of their group. And in TLOU in particular: I hate it when people run like crazy next to you, attracting all enemies to your position. I don't mind them running, but please do it on your own watch.

Yes, I use a headset without a mic, because most people I play with (i don't know them) just talk jokes all the time, profanity or play music. Nobody says "watch out Be Welcome behind you" or "watch it, there is a sniper in the bushes".

And on the rare occasions that they do talk strategy, they say "look at that Be Welcome dude, he is shooting with a pistol when he has a flamethrower on his back, what an idiot". But of course i'm not an idiot but i am on a 100% risk mission where i have to down 3 hunters with a pistol!

Great MP anyway

Edited by BeWelcome

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the multiplayer is a fantastic idea, it is a welcome change of pace from the usual 'run-and-gun' multiplayer fare. But my problem is that there seems to be a lot of issues with me being shot through walls, and I always lose in a 1v1 nail bat battle, even though I see my character's bat sticking into the other players neck and hear the crunching sound. I once even downed a guy just to have him pop back up and nail me with a shorty.

It is a fantastic idea, but it seems to be riddled with issues.

I'm not much of a competitive gamer, nor do I usually enjoy multiplayer games. I have the tendency to stray away from them, seeing as how people are constantly arguing or complaining. One of the main reasons I refuse to use a mic.

It seems that the game doesn't register shots most of the time, even if your crosshairs are directly over the enemy... sometimes even at point blank range. I'm not sure if that is due to lag (most likely) or for some other unknown reason. As the post says above me, I too have been shot through walls.

Teams are often unbalanced.

Now, this is probably to be expected but it still annoys me...

I've come across some very rude players, that will go out of their way during the game just to message me with rude comments (rare, but it's happened a few times). I'm not even sure what I do wrong in order to deserve this half the time.

One time in particular, I wasn't able to revive my teammate (there were 3 enemies and I was alone in the room after he was taken down), so I ran to take cover somewhere else so I could heal myself because I was nearly dead. Granted, I would've died if I tried to revive him which would've resulted in another team death. He then sent me a message calling me some very degrading terms before stating that I had "gotten him killed".

I've just started playing and I'm currently only on week 6, so I do make mistakes. But is that really necessary?

I'm still having mixed feelings on the multiplayer, I think I may have enjoyed it more when the game was first released.

Other than that, it can be very enjoyable.. for the most part.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a competitive gamer, nor do I usually enjoy multiplayer games. I have the tendency to stray away from them, seeing as how people are constantly arguing or complaining. One of the main reasons I refuse to use a mic.

It seems that the game doesn't register shots most of the time, even if your crosshairs are directly over the enemy... sometimes even at point blank range. I'm not sure if that is due to lag (most likely) or for some other unknown reason. As the post says above me, I too have been shot through walls.

Teams are often unbalanced.

Now, this is probably to be expected but it still annoys me...

I've come across some very rude players, that will go out of their way during the game just to message me with rude comments (rare, but it's happened a few times). I'm not even sure what I do wrong in order to deserve this half the time.

One time in particular, I wasn't able to revive my teammate (there were 3 enemies and I was alone in the room after he was taken down), so I ran to take cover somewhere else so I could heal myself because I was nearly dead. Granted, I would've died if I tried to revive him which would've resulted in another team death. He then sent me a message calling me some very degrading terms before stating that I had "gotten him killed".

I've just started playing and I'm currently only on week 6, so I do make mistakes. But is that really necessary?

I'm still having mixed feelings on the multiplayer, I think I may have enjoyed it more when the game was first released.

Other than that, it can be very enjoyable.. for the most part.

Hey HighonStardust

Don't take them that serious that's how people can sometimes be cause they got nothing to do but complain about something. All you have to do is mute them and/or ignore the email they sent you. Ive seen worst people before like the players in rockstar related games and Namco related games. I really hate multiplayer trophies myself especially the hard ones that can be nearly impossible like killzone rank around the world or time consuming trophies like GTA IV wanted trophy.

Finished both Journeys and the only thing that annoyed me was teammates who didn't stick together or did but were simply running all the time giving away everyone's position, molotovs were a little frustrating at first but if you use a headset you get used to the sound it makes and can bail. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have to admit that prior to the release of this game, I was in the group of people complaining about this game having a "forced-in" multiplayer, similar to God of War: Ascension and Batman: Arkham Origins. I was also growing more and more uneasy as the release date approached with very little details being revealed about the multiplayer. However, after actually playing it and giving it a fair try, it ended up being a truly unique experience and one of my favorite multiplayer games out there. Naughty Dog did a great job taking things they've learned from the Uncharted series and implementing them here while still making the game feel unique as opposed to playing exactly Uncharted with a different setting.

Pros:

I love how seamlessly the single player mechanics of crafting and upgrades are integrated into the multiplayer. I also like how the game drastically reduces the amount of supplies and parts received from the tool boxes for the winning team when the score is starting to get out of hand and vice versa for the losing team. The match search options are FANTASTIC! Being able to choose whether you wanted parties or not or DLC is incredible. Someone clearly noticed how horrible the implementation of the BioShock 2 DLC maps was. The other big thing I like is the ability to mute all. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but that is still not present in every game with multiplayer.

Cons:

As people have mentioned above, I feel like every time I play, the only people on mics are 5 year olds, people who only want to talk shit or some combination of the two. Success truly relies on working as a team and can very quickly deteriorate when people refuse to work together. The other big thing that bothers me is that I feel like I've been killed quite a few times when my character is completely in cover. At the end of the day though, it doesn't happen that often and I would much rather have that then the blatant corner shooting issues I've seen in other multiplayer games. I have also experienced issues with being dropped from games or losing connection to the host and there is no rhyme or reason to what happens to my stats. Sometimes everything counts, sometimes the day counts and the supplies don't and sometimes the supplies and parts count and the day doesn't. It doesn't happen that often and, more importantly, it has yet to happen during a 100% threat (knock on wood) so it ends up not being too big of a deal.