What game did you buy for a ridiculous reason?

charxsetsuna

I bought Dragon's Dogma after reading a Cracked.com article about how the game's affinity system, that it never tells you exists in the first place, determines your love interest is whichever NPC you talked to the most, resulting in players being forced into accidental relationships with the guy who runs the inn or the midget court jester. That sounded hilarious to me and I wanted to witness it firsthand. 

Edited by DeadlyPerfume

On 27 February 2020 at 2:24 AM, Cassylvania said:

This isn't really ridiculous, but I bought the Madden 25 Special Edition just because it came with the NFL Sunday Ticket. I didn't even play the game. I immediately sold the game disc for the full price of the regular edition and got all the football I wanted for a mere $40 that year. That's like 85% off. ?

I bought The Adventure Pals just because the giraffe on the cover looks hilarious. It was actually a good game.

Did you just say giraffe? Well then, I'm going to have to buy this game now. I know absolutely nothing about it but you had me at giraffe. :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 5:26 AM, LucasMZA said:

I bought 6 copies of assassins creed brotherhood and did the online in a few days, i did the abstergo employe of the mont alone, took some time to get it.. 

Plus i bought many other copies of some games. 

That's some dedication right there. And you just had 6 PS3's lying around?

I've bought Duke Nukem Forever and Ride to Hell because my sister and I wanted to start a terrible game collection. I also originally bough Street Fighter V because the stats website looked neat to a big old stat nerd like me lol

Edited by MissShake

Probably my most stupid purchase was out of pure laziness. I had Splinter Cell (at the time, unfinished) on PS2 and instead of going on my PS2 to play it I actually decided to buy and download it on my PS3 instead at the time...

I know, that's just total laziness. My PS2 resides in my bedroom while my PS3/PS4 are in my living room so at least there's some kind of a justifiable distance between them for me, but it's still kinda silly to buy a game I already have just to play it in my living room instead of my bedroom without having to move consoles around.

7 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

That's some dedication right there. And you just had 6 PS3's lying around?

Nope, they clean and safe from dust and everything, theres not to much to boost so i use they once in a while. 

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

How much did he PAY for those PS3s?

I found 4 at a very nice price, the other 2 were expensive, only because I wanted a white ps3 but its worth the money. 

I was so into Diablo II back in the day I bought an extra copy just so I could self-mule loot. Then my addiction started to be an issue and I got rid of them both...only to buy two more copies a year later when I couldn't fight the urge anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I brought dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends complete edition on ps4 even though I had the exact same game on ps3. Because it was cheap and I wanted to add to my musou collection.(also because the title of the game is ludicrous, dynasty warriors 8 complete edition would have worked just fine or call it xtreme legends again, its the same game)

Granted I would do it again, I'm looking to get dynasty warriors 7 xtreme legends even though I have dynasty warriors 7(my favourite mainline dynasty warriors game) but xtreme legends releases are actually different ,not by much but there are differences .

So I was looking to spend some gift card money I got from Amazon way back in like 2002.  I had no idea what games to buy, so I looked at the recommendations because hey, that was a new feature may as well check it out.  One of the games that popped up was Shadow Hearts.  I thought the art looked neat, so I decided to buy it.  Definitely don't regret that whim because it was a freaking amazing game and I ended up preordering both sequels when they came out.  A shame Amazon's recommendations haven't given me an amazing gem like that since.