What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

A complete Descent collection for PS4/PS5. Add widescreen and 4K, and maybe even a HD texture pack. Give it a good trophy list also, maybe about 20 per game.

* Descent

* Descent 2 (and the Vertigo Series expansion, with the PS1 Descent Maximum levels as extra content)... this would be a good deal like Bethesda's Quake II.

* Descent 3 & D3 Mercenary

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:29 AM, Void said:

Those are re-imaginings which are fundamentally different from a remake. You could say a re-imagining is "loosely based on a previous work" where a remake is closer to a 1:1. Shows I do not read every post in a topis and just skim them.

Folklore is a great game and could use a remaster or a remake, not sure how well the motion controls hold up.

Way to cherry pick a post from more than 3 years ago. Especially when you're wrong.

For one, FFVIIR isn't a "re-imagining". It was revealed to be sequel after this post, with the remake moniker referencing that the timeline is being remade after the events of the existing FFVII games/movies. But of course absolutely no one saw that coming. Many still don't even know that, like you apparently.

RE2R is still an absolutely perfect example of what a remake is though. A remake isn't just the same game, it's a remake from the ground up. Which includes "re-imagining" the same game in the current era. Which includes things like gameplay overhauls, changes to level design, and script changes. A true remake always has a substantial number of changes from the original. If it doesn't, then it's either a port, which has no changes and just thrown onto another system, or a remaster, which has visual and maybe slight QoL changes. Since they're just updating things like the graphics and it's largely the same game otherwise. That's why the Metroid Prime remaster is called... Metroid Prime Remastered, instead of remake. Even though they did completely remake the models and did things like update the controls, it's still the same game. You get the same experience playing the Gamecube version. There weren't enough changes for it to be a wholly unique experience, which is what a remake does.

Oh, and thanks for being the worst and reminding me why I don't come to the forums.

Edited by ExHaseo

https://www.residentevil2.com/us/about.php

From Capcom Directly:

The Survival Horror Classic Reimagined

Resident Evil 2

The original Resident Evil 2 was released in 1998 and has sold over 4,960,000 copies.
The action centers around rookie cop Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield
as they fight to survive a mysterious viral outbreak within Raccoon City.
The 1998 original was hailed as a gaming masterpiece
and propelled Resident Evil into mainstream pop culture and the entertainment you know today.

Edited by Void

On 9/10/2023 at 6:51 PM, shadaik said:

I just randomly jump to the Wii of all places, there's some interesting games stuck on there:

- Cold Mountain

- Deadly Creatures

- Sky Crawlers

Also, I just found out there's a PS3 version of House of the Dead: Overkill

Cold Mountain is a fantastic game, If only it had pro controller support. Wii games are ideal really as they suck to emulate and never had trophies, that little console has a load of great games.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that we have Persona 3 Reload, I want to see remakes or ports of Persona 1 and 2 as well.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:36 PM, aceinstincts said:

Dunno why the old school Tekken games haven't been remastered/remade when they were so popular and would sell like crazy

spacer.png

TEKKEN2 is on PS5 (for some reason) but yeah I would LOVE to see the rest of these games make their way over.
(Bonus points if we get Trophy support)

• Like 1

Pretty sure I posted a list previously but I can't be bothered to double check, besides I am pretty sure I didn't include this PS2 classic:

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.

Frankly, after the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, can we get a DQ equivalent?