What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

On 29/03/2023 at 9:08 AM, RoastedPeanut said:

Hell yeah to Castle of Illusion! Just came across my copy on the Mega Drive stored away in a crate last week. 

I'll take a Guardian Heroes remake. No idea how many hours I spent with that game back in the day. Hell, I'll even take a port of the original. I'd love to play it again without having to dig out my Sega Saturn. 

It would be awesome. I like getting the Megadrive out every now and then but it’s such a faff ? put it on the PSN store and let me be lazy fgs!

Someone rezd this old thread. ?

Anyway how about this two gems

Brave Fencer Musashi

Alondra 2

Fun action games that can use upgrade in visuals. Being low blocky looking. 

Also Glover for 64. Not a playstation game. But that be a fun remake.

Edited by Zid960

Just give me Metal Gear Solid 1 remade with the MGSV engine (with no Konami BS) and I'll be happy forever.

I'd even be happy with a straight up port with trophies as long as some care is put into the trophy list, not like Syphon Filter 2 literally just requiring finishing all the missions.

13 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

The Getaway

Underrated game, I remember struggling to get through it as a kid but it was really good. A remake would be amazing ?

how about making some new, original IPs that can live on just as good as the likes of resident evil, god of war, GTA, tomb raider etc have done?

it is worrying we are wasting this generation of console on remakes if these are the big games for the ps5. how long are these remakes going to go on for before we find out 'wow, these titles have been around for so long, that no other original IP have stood out at all in recent years' - when saying this 5-10 years from now?

Edited by rockstarjazz

15 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

how about making some new, original IPs that can live on just as good as the likes of resident evil, god of war, GTA, tomb raider etc have done?

The problem is AAA isn't set up to make anything new anymore. There a few factors.

They doesn't take any risk anymore. We seem to hit a wall in gaming for new game design. The CEOs saying if it's donst make 5 billion on day 1ist good as dead. The fact that mico crap games make more then any good well made game.

Remember there where tons of B or A games that used to get made. Heck many of the games were taking about are those over looked gems of past. The inde scene is where all the new good games are.

Not to mention there are lots of older game that people didn't get to play. Do to never been available to do region issues. 

Talking about mana series on this one.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:10 PM, DividedByMankind said:

I hate remakes! Wish they could make new games, new stories, new worlds etc 1f44d.png

Nah... Some remakes are needed. Some games from over 10-20 years ago didn't have the ability to tell the story or have the graphic capability that was needed back then to show the game the way it was really wanted to be shown or played. I like remakes. Only when needed though. Examples of UNneeded remakes would be recently "The last of us" Yes it's a good game. But that game was not even old enough to be remade. It's basically the same game. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...