Unable to connect

Sucks if true, though its not like Sony to close a server without warning , so lets wait and see 

Like MLB 16 the show has a sever date given

complaints coming to you sony

Edited by Conker

It could go either way.

Resogun's servers have gone down several times now and Sony's always managed to get them back up (so far). Then on the other end of the spectrum we have Uncharted: FFF, which just kind of faded into obscurity.

5 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Aces High, and Full Deck are also online connected to the game? Can anyone can confirm?

Aces High trophy_bronze.png

Attain an ace Valour card ranking

Full Deck  
Collect a full deck of Valour cards

I loaded up the game today and was given a 3 of clubs card ranking for playing 1 Botzone game yesterday, so that suggests Aces High can still be earned at the moment.

You get cards for completing contracts and picking up intel, which means Full Deck is possible offline.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I loaded up the game today and was given a 3 of clubs card ranking for playing 1 botzone game yesterday, so that suggests Aces High can still be earned at the moment.

You get cards for completing contracts and picking up intel, which means Full Deck is possible offline.

Ok thanks for the quik response. I guess i will play some Botzone matches everyday. I hope it's not gonna ending up like Transformers Fall Of Cybertron. Because the guides don't mention it is tied to the online.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

1 minute ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Ok thanks for the quik response. I guess i will play some Botzone matches everyday. I hope it's not gonna ending up like Transformers Fall Of Cybertron. Because the guides don't mention it is tied to the online.

The game still asks me if I want to connect to the servers to upload stats on loading it up, and it doesn't give any error message at that time suggesting it's successfully connecting. So, I would still think Aces High needs you to upload your stats to the server, unless the game itself has a way of working out what card ranking to give you and doesn't actually need stats to be uploaded. Basically, I'm not fully convinced that trophy is not tied to the online servers and can be earned offline, but it seems it can still be earned while the MP modes are having the current issues.

This is why I think the servers aren't down and it's just a temporary issue, as it seems to be able to connect to upload my stats, or at least it gives the impression it's doing that. It's only when you actually try to play an MP game that you get error messages.

Full Deck should be able to be earned offline though.

• Like 3

Many of Sony's first-party games they've shut down are made by these defunct names so this doesn't come off as too much a suprise to be honest, but at least announce a server closure date 3 months prior! This is very unusual of then to make such a move. Also from what I hear this is among the best multiplayer modes on the Vita which sure makes it extra dissapointing for those who were very interested (MP was quite active too).

5 hours ago, Porch said:

dude I dodged a major bullet here

was thinking of doing this one

shout out to the way less popular Resistance: Burning Skies still having it's servers up lmaoooo

I've been putting this game off for months because I never wanted to pay 23 AUD for an 8 year old Vita game and since January there's been a lack of last-gen games on sale (Resistance: Burning Skies wasn't often in sale in the past anyway which is a shame), but given what's going on with Killzone Mercenary I should seriously consider buying this game very soon. I'd like to add that game/platinum to my profile and have been wanting to since some time after creating this account.

What sucks about RBS is the need to install an Online Pass. Unlike other PS3/Vita games (notably EA titles like Battlefield 3 or NFS: The Run) this Online Pass isn't free, so if you own the physical version of the game (good luck finding a brand new copy in 2020!) you need to pay extra to access the MP (you could try voucher codes but these should all be invalid or used by now) and for what, one gold trophy? This is why the MP is dead and all server use is very likely boosting between 2 players in a party. Because of this anyone who's buying the game today (especially trophy hunters) is gonna do so through the full game purchase on the PlayStation Store. The Online Pass is included here so don't worry if the description doesn't include any info about that.

• Like 1

PuddKTj.jpg

"SCEA may, at its sole discretion, discontinue hosting the game server at any time. SCEA has no liability for such discontinuance." This is what it says in my NA EULA. When I try to go to the webpage mentioned in the EU image it doesn't seem to load. Does anyone think we could still hold them to their 90 days requirement mentioned in Grifteskymfning's image?

Well this is wank. I was planning on getting a Vita at some point this year and this was a game I had in mind of getting the platinum. Killzone recently has been an interest of mine along with Resistance and it bums me that Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 2 and 3 all have servers shut down. At least with Killzone there is still Shadow Fall on PS4! 

I just tweeted to AskPlayStation and AskPS_UK. The UK account is currently answering questions but they've got a backlog to go through (just like most of us). If anyone else here wants to point out to them the lack of 90 days notice written in the EU Terms of Service then please do so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

Many of Sony's first-party games they've shut down are made by these defunct names so this doesn't come off as too much a suprise to be honest, but at least announce a server closure date 3 months prior! This is very unusual of then to make such a move. Also from what I hear this is among the best multiplayer modes on the Vita which sure makes it extra dissapointing for those who were very interested (MP was quite active too).

I've been putting this game off for months because I never wanted to pay 23 AUD for an 8 year old Vita game and since January there's been a lack of last-gen games on sale (Resistance: Burning Skies wasn't often in sale in the past anyway which is a shame), but given what's going on with Killzone Mercenary I should seriously consider buying this game very soon. I'd like to add that game/platinum to my profile and have been wanting to since some time after creating this account.

What sucks about RBS is the need to install an Online Pass. Unlike other PS3/Vita games (notably EA titles like Battlefield 3 or NFS: The Run) this Online Pass isn't free, so if you own the physical version of the game (good luck finding a brand new copy in 2020!) you need to pay extra to access the MP (you could try voucher codes but these should all be invalid or used by now) and for what, one gold trophy? This is why the MP is dead and all server use is very likely boosting between 2 players in a party. Because of this anyone who's buying the game today (especially trophy hunters) is gonna do so through the full game purchase on the PlayStation Store. The Online Pass is included here so don't worry if the description doesn't include any info about that.

Yeah I bagged the platinum recently. Had to boost it with another person cause the servers are COMPLETELY dead. At least with Killzone you could still actually get into a game through basic matchmaking cause there was still a (very very very small) playerbase. Resistance doesn't even have that and I'm surprised the servers are still goin'.

1 minute ago, x-Corvis-x said:

Yea, my Google news showed me and someone wrote the article.... Here:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-31-one-of-the-ps-vitas-best-games-has-been-unexpectedly-taken-offline

The articles I’ve seen don’t seem to have any credible source so far. I’m holding on hope that this is just a temporary issue (while nervously sweating). 

• Like 3

Here's another article I found:

https://screenrant.com/killzone-mercenary-online-servers-shut-down-multiplayer-mode/

Again, it could be false. They could just be journalists jumping to conclusions once they found out people aren't able to connect. However, this seems strange that the servers would just drop out of nowhere. It is an old game on a console that Sony has given up on. It kinda makes sense if they just dropped support for it because they see the Vita as an unwanted stepchild but I guess we'll see if they say anything about it in the upcoming days.

53 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Here's another article I found:

https://screenrant.com/killzone-mercenary-online-servers-shut-down-multiplayer-mode/

Again, it could be false. They could just be journalists jumping to conclusions once they found out people aren't able to connect. However, this seems strange that the servers would just drop out of nowhere. It is an old game on a console that Sony has given up on. It kinda makes sense if they just dropped support for it because they see the Vita as an unwanted stepchild but I guess we'll see if they say anything about it in the upcoming days.

But it is very strange that the leaderboards and the connection with the Killzone mercenary site is still online, i can even see my stats on leaderboards.

I know for a fact that if these servers come back online, I'm dropping everything and booting up Mercenaries to grind those online trophies like a madman. Don't care if Sony insists the servers will be up for another 4-6 years.

• Like 4