Online trophies

Kiyan-13

I have a few questions about online trophies if someone can help.

1) Can I start with the multiplayer part of the game and earn all of the online trophies without having to progress the story(single-player)?

2) How long does it take to earn all online trophies? An estimation would be nice. 

3) Are there any trophies that need boosting?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

1) Can I start with the multiplayer part of the game and earn all of the online trophies without having to progress the story(single-player)?

2) How long does it take to earn all online trophies? An estimation would be nice. 

There's only 1 required multiplayer trophy, and it's for doing the tutorial. You can start the multiplayer without playing the single player iirc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiyan-13 said:

1. Yes 

2. 100+ hours if you do the online variant/requirement vs 10+ hours if you do the single player

3. No

I started this game with the intention of doing all the online variants with a mate, but when we realised what sort of a grind was involved.. Yea fuck that. 

Not to mention its pay to win.. So in the end, i ended up doing all the single player requirements and it took me no time at all. Doing my Insanity run now on NG+ and that it's no challenge at all, not sure why the guide says to do the 5 gold extractions if you have no experience in the ME games.. I have none and it's been laughably easy ?

• Like 1

Yes you can! When I started my platinum journey in this game I started with the online trophies, So my first 2 hours in the game where playing multiplayer trying to get the "Unwavering" trophy.

You can get that trophy in single player if u want, but takes more time! I managed to get the trophy online by completing 5 extracting missions in Gold difficulty.

If u decide to take my advice, u should know that there's very few people playing online (very few), and If u start right away on multiplayer, all good players will leave lobby when they see that you're lvl 1 on multiplayer, but I was lucky to get 5 gold missions going, and got the trophy. Each mission is like 15mins each one :)

Edited by NetoStyle
grammar.
  • Like 1

Thanks for replying!!

Any idea why the guide on playstationtrophies says that all trophies are online? I mean, it says that I have to be connected to to earn the trophies... If so, do I need to just be online or have a subscription?

10 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Thanks for replying!!

Any idea why the guide on playstationtrophies says that all trophies are online? I mean, it says that I have to be connected to to earn the trophies... If so, do I need to just be online or have a subscription?

From my personal experience you do NOT have to be online to unlock trophies (PS + is only needed for the online tutorial) but you must pay attention to EA servers. What i mean by that is, if you sign in to them and get randomly disconnected, it may glitch any trophy (you can look at my trophy list - i got disconnected during session and it glitched 2 unmissable ones). While playing offline you cannot do strike but you do not face any danger of trophies not popping (my experience). I would recommend you to save before popping any trophy to avoid them from glitching.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:29 PM, WeprCZ said:

From my personal experience you do NOT have to be online to unlock trophies (PS + is only needed for the online tutorial) but you must pay attention to EA servers. What i mean by that is, if you sign in to them and get randomly disconnected, it may glitch any trophy (you can look at my trophy list - i got disconnected during session and it glitched 2 unmissable ones). While playing offline you cannot do strike but you do not face any danger of trophies not popping (my experience). I would recommend you to save before popping any trophy to avoid them from glitching.

Thank you!

I'll pop the online tutorial trophy first and play offline for the rest of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Teamwork trophy is done much more rapidly in multiplayer via assist medals, the trophy guide has a method for racking up assists quite easily, even with randoms. You don't have to do it all at once, I would advise against it. Each day there will be 2 daily challenges in multiplayer, usually it is something like complete 2 matches worth of rounds (14 total) on a certain map or complete 2 matches worth of rounds (14 again) on a certain difficulty. Each daily challenge gives you 30 mission currency for up to 60 per day. Strike missions just give 5 or 10 each and you can only play 3-4 per day on each difficulty level. Since you have to play multiplayer anyway to get 25 assist medals if you want to avoid buying 6 strike teams for Teamwork (which is VERY time consuming if you don't do daily multiplayer challenges), you might as well try to complete at least 1 daily challenge while going for assists. Then you can use the mission currency to buy the best equipment for your strike team to make Silver and Gold missions viable faster. Gold missions give a ton of XP which will help you level your primary strike team to lvl 20 faster for Top Talent. 

Each Strike team member will gain random positive or negative traits at lvl 5, 10, 15, and 20. You can buy only 1 piece of equipment for each strike team member so it should be something to accentuate an already positive trait to have the best chance at completing at least 1 of the available gold missions each day. For example if they have the night-time operator trait (+10) for better vision at night, it might be best to buy them the night vision goggles (+40) so that if a gold strike mission at night comes up, a lvl 15 strike team member gains +50 to jump from 18% chance of success to a 55% chance of success. On the other hand, if a lot of a strike team's traits are a universal +5 to mission success, it might be best to get the universal booster equipment for them which adds a flat +20 to mission success no matter the mission parameters.

Edited by Guardian_owl

• 11 months later...
On 2020-07-03 at 4:28 PM, The Devils Reaper said:

1. Yes 

2. 100+ hours if you do the online variant/requirement vs 10+ hours if you do the single player

3. No

I started this game with the intention of doing all the online variants with a mate, but when we realised what sort of a grind was involved.. Yea fuck that. 

Not to mention its pay to win.. So in the end, i ended up doing all the single player requirements and it took me no time at all. Doing my Insanity run now on NG+ and that it's no challenge at all, not sure why the guide says to do the 5 gold extractions if you have no experience in the ME games.. I have none and it's been laughably easy 1f44d.png

I don’t know where you got that 100+ hour amount from, took me all of 3 hours to do the gold extractions with randoms (matchmaking) in November. If anyone is doing this game, 100% do the online with randoms … there’s a ton who are really good and as long as you can survive and are there to revive em, you will be fine. It’s much easier and quicker than the additional annoyance of Insanity on the full playthrough. Then just playthrough on easy and have fun with it. The game isn’t the best but it’s definitely not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Just make sure to actually extract or else it doesn’t count. I didn’t extract on two maps and had to do 7 in total.

Edited by Leigrez
Add’l info.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Currently going through the legendary remake and loving it. I was gutted when Andromeda released to such negativity but was also not surprised. That being said the legend edition have brought a whole new level of love for the franchise and I'm willing to bare the downsides of Andromeda. I want to do everything in single player and now aware only one trophy is needed for online. So with all the connection issues people mention, would this effect the online tutorial trophy?

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Currently going through the legendary remake and loving it. I was gutted when Andromeda released to such negativity but was also not surprised. That being said the legend edition have brought a whole new level of love for the franchise and I'm willing to bare the downsides of Andromeda. I want to do everything in single player and now aware only one trophy is needed for online. So with all the connection issues people mention, would this effect the online tutorial trophy?

Should be fine, over 50 people got the Apex trophy in October. Even if you don't use multiplayer assists to get Teamwork, I would still recommend checking multiplayer each day to see if any of the daily challenges are easy to complete. Those provide the same type of currency that can be used to purchase gear for strike teams, or more strike teams. That will generate a lot more currency faster than completing strike team missions.

The online for Andromeda is healthy. I still jump on here and there every week to play beyond the S. I do golds several times a week and have no problem finding full lobbies...even do platinum clears, which can be brutal, but those lobbies still make. (Platinum clears do not count for golds, as a heads up, but award a load of XP and cash.) I've hardly ever experienced connectivity issues. The negativity towards this game was WAY over-baked: Quite a few melodramatically claimed Andromeda was "the worst game ever made." If you are in a gold lobby that makes, usually those present will carry you. One or two players with APEX scores over 8000 can usually clean up gold lobbies for new players. There is no reason to do Insanity in PvE unless you want to. Those present in a gold lobby will be glad to have a little extra help regardless of your experience, as long as you're trying.

Edited by bigrake1

On 7/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, Leigrez said:

I don’t know where you got that 100+ hour amount from, took me all of 3 hours to do the gold extractions with randoms (matchmaking) in November. If anyone is doing this game, 100% do the online with randoms … there’s a ton who are really good and as long as you can survive and are there to revive em, you will be fine. It’s much easier and quicker than the additional annoyance of Insanity on the full playthrough. Then just playthrough on easy and have fun with it. The game isn’t the best but it’s definitely not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Just make sure to actually extract or else it doesn’t count. I didn’t extract on two maps and had to do 7 in total.

The question was how long it takes to do ALL online trophies without touching single player.  Even if you got carried through the 5 Golds and dozens of Platinum runs, it would still take way over 100 hours due to the High Performance trophy.  I've played this game for hundreds of hours and haven't even come close to getting a lvl 6 bonus stat yet.  

That being said, some of the 'or' trophies are much easier in multiplayer and others much easier in single player.  I enjoy the multiplayer, so 5 Gold extractions was easy, and at this point I have hundreds.  However High Performance is near impossible online, but essentially an afterthought from a single player playthrough.

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

The online for Andromeda is healthy. I still jump on here and there every week to play beyond the S. I do golds several times a week and have no problem finding full lobbies...even do platinum clears, which can be brutal, but those lobbies still make. (Platinum clears do not count for golds, as a heads up, but award a load of XP and cash.) I've hardly ever experienced connectivity issues. The negativity towards this game was WAY over-baked: Quite a few melodramatically claimed Andromeda was "the worst game ever made." If you are in a gold lobby that makes, usually those present will carry you. One or two players with APEX scores over 8000 can usually clean up gold lobbies for new players. There is no reason to do Insanity in PvE unless you want to. Those present in a gold lobby will be glad to have a little extra help regardless of your experience, as long as you're trying.

When do you play?  Up until a couple weeks ago I played daily for hours, a lot during the day, but even more in the evening and at night, but I routinely run into long droughts without anyone playing, even on the weekends.  And when I do find Gold/Plat matches, it's usually with the same 1 or 2 people.  I've had to run Gold games solo (in open lobbies that no one joins) quite often.  Over the summer I found games easily, but things seemed to change since school started up again.

@Matto_lsi  I usually play in the deep evening 3-4 times a week...largely depends on when our toddler calls it quits for the day. Personally I nearly always find active sessions...maybe this is one of the few places I'm lucky in life then. Lol. Sometimes I find that if no one is about (they are probably in active sessions), I'll start a custom session that works towards the daily APEX challenges, and players will soon join. I also have hundreds of hours in the multiplayer, but I am nowhere near the level 6 multiplayer stat. If High Performance were required to be done in the MP, this plat would be super ultra rare. The amount of XP required for that would take forever to earn without a dedicated squad that banged down gold/platinum runs with level 4 experience boosters equipped over and over again. If High Performance could only be popped in multiplayer, there would be a rage forum for this game with 600+ comments. Lol.

I'm not sure why the decision was made by developers to calibrate the required XP for those different levels so high when the bonuses gained for achieving them are frankly so minimal as to largely not impact play. Unlocking veteran stats (starting at level XI) for a Rare/Ultra Rare character is far more valuable.

Edited by bigrake1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:11 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Should be fine, over 50 people got the Apex trophy in October. Even if you don't use multiplayer assists to get Teamwork, I would still recommend checking multiplayer each day to see if any of the daily challenges are easy to complete. Those provide the same type of currency that can be used to purchase gear for strike teams, or more strike teams. That will generate a lot more currency faster than completing strike team missions.

Cheers man. I will keep an eye out for it being on sale. 

On 2021-11-04 at 10:45 PM, Matto_lsi said:

The question was how long it takes to do ALL online trophies without touching single player.  Even if you got carried through the 5 Golds and dozens of Platinum runs, it would still take way over 100 hours due to the High Performance trophy.  I've played this game for hundreds of hours and haven't even come close to getting a lvl 6 bonus stat yet.  

That being said, some of the 'or' trophies are much easier in multiplayer and others much easier in single player.  I enjoy the multiplayer, so 5 Gold extractions was easy, and at this point I have hundreds.  However High Performance is near impossible online, but essentially an afterthought from a single player playthrough.

Ah yes, my apologies, to do all of the online variants it would be in excess of 100 hrs, I was just thinking of the one to do the extractions cause that was the only one I felt needed to be done online. Everything else should be done offline other than that.

Just downloading the demo to give the game a try. I did it ages ago but quit out during the create character scene, but like I said the legendary edition has made me really want to check this out. 

So to clarify. If I were to get the game and then unlock the online tutorial as my first trophy, I am then best to play disconnected as to not let the EA servers going down interrupt any single player progress towards trophies?

19 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Just downloading the demo to give the game a try. I did it ages ago but quit out during the create character scene, but like I said the legendary edition has made me really want to check this out. 

So to clarify. If I were to get the game and then unlock the online tutorial as my first trophy, I am then best to play disconnected as to not let the EA servers going down interrupt any single player progress towards trophies?

As I recall, trophies in the campaign will not unlock if you are not connected to Bioware's servers. I was only affected by a disconnect once and that was on the final level. If you look at my trophies, the story based trophies are all unlocked fairly close together and then I didn't get the one for beating the game until a while later when I came back for my Insanity run. If you save frequently anytime a disconnect happens you should be able quit and restart without losing much progress, just be vigilant for notifications about getting disconnected from the server. I was nonplussed when it happened to me because I knew I still had my Insanity run to do.

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Unless the Guide is wrong, there are 3 online trophies in this game but only 1 of them requires you to play the MP i.e. APEX - the remaining 2 just require you to complete missions whilst connected to the ME servers:

APEX

Explorer

Veteran

Just be aware that having the server connection randomly dropout, can cause the trophies to stop popping until you load an old save.

Cheers guys,

Damn shame they wanted to constantly keep tabs on what gamers were doing for this sort of thing. Seems they're learning the hard way finally, but it sure took them some time. 

Just had a go of the demo. I can understand why people enjoy the gameplay, it was soooooooooo smooth and I love the new additions to combat. I had a go at creating a character but in story animations the wrinkles near his eyes make him look older than the father lol. I think I will indeed give the game a go. Will keep my eye out for a bargain. 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, HuntingFever said:

Unless the Guide is wrong, there are 3 online trophies in this game but only 1 of them requires you to play the MP i.e. APEX - the remaining 2 just require you to complete missions whilst connected to the ME servers:

APEX

Explorer

Veteran

Just be aware that having the server connection randomly dropout, can cause the trophies to stop popping until you load an old save.

I think the other two have alternatives which is why people say only one is for online mode.

I ordered the game and so it will hopefully be here for my week off work coming up. Wanted to wait to see if it will be in the next set of sales (probably will be now lol) but at least this way I know I can get it. 

Anway, and I apologise for yet another question on this topic. Lets say I am playing the game and I have to go check the computer or make a brew, if the game disconnects from the server will the message stay on screen or something to let me know, or does it go off screen as soon as it happens? Only asking because I keep seeing people saying they didn't even know they got disconnected. 

Also. Is the game like the other Mass Effect games in that nothing (in terms of collectibles) is out of the way and will always be there on the map or in an obvious place. By that I mean in the trilogy all you had to do was scan or land on a planet and you could clean up without the need for a video guide or something. 

27 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I think the other two have alternatives which is why people say only one is for online mode.

I ordered the game and so it will hopefully be here for my week off work coming up. Wanted to wait to see if it will be in the next set of sales (probably will be now lol) but at least this way I know I can get it. 

Anway, and I apologise for yet another question on this topic. Lets say I am playing the game and I have to go check the computer or make a brew, if the game disconnects from the server will the message stay on screen or something to let me know, or does it go off screen as soon as it happens? Only asking because I keep seeing people saying they didn't even know they got disconnected. 

Also. Is the game like the other Mass Effect games in that nothing (in terms of collectibles) is out of the way and will always be there on the map or in an obvious place. By that I mean in the trilogy all you had to do was scan or land on a planet and you could clean up without the need for a video guide or something. 

If it's anything like ME 2 on the PS3, the disconnection message will briefly appear in one corner of the screen then disappear. I haven't played Andromeda so can't really comment on the collectibles but I imagine they will be handled in a similar way as the other games.

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

As the trophy guide mentions, the 2 ones to watch out for are Cryptographer and Friendly Fire. For Cryptographer there are 4x4 grid Remnant alien glyph puzzles that you will occasionally have to complete for the main story. Another place they show up is on optional paths in main story alien vaults on several planets. Once the mechanism in them is activated you are kicked out of the vault and cannot go back inside for the rest of the playthrough. There are a total of 22 in the game and you need to do at least 20 for the plat. So you should probably either follow a check list for those, or write them down as you do them and then check the list before activating the mechanism at the base of a vault to see if you missed any in that vault.

For Friendly Fire you need the Remnant drone VI skill which comes from a fairly early game side quest and you have to use it to attack the 6 different types of Remnants at least 1 time. So write those down too as you do them. Some types you'll only fight in late game vaults or in late game story missions so if you miss your chance or never get the drone skill, you have to do most of another playthrough.

Matchmaker, fully completing the romance of 3 partners, is another that can take a large section of the campaign to complete a single romance, but it can be accumulated over several playthroughs as it is saved to your overall profile. Or if you have an old enough manual save you can go back to the romance point of no return and finish the rest of someone else's romance line without having to play the entire game again.

Keeping the combat related trophies in mind that you may not acquire naturally depending on your chosen playstyle is also a good idea. For instance, I never did any hover combat, so I acquired it by equipping a long range weapon and hovering and shooting any bugs whenever I saw them on the mini-map. They die in 1 hit so it is pretty easy to accumulate over time, but would be a pain to grind.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1