Debunked rumor: Playstation 5 console price to be announced today

djb5f

4 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Even if its 700$ itll be sold out day one...

Good luck grabbing one up.

stores generally have a 30 day window to get preorders in, then from there they send out how many units they need for day 1. Plus a handful for idiots dumb enough to try and get it day one without a preorder. After the initial 30 days it depends on demand and then stores may get limits.

source: i used to work for a company that had this model. 

19 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Even if its 700$ itll be sold out day one...

Good luck grabbing one up.

$700 is a lot of money after so many people being unemployed or underemployed for months, and they still haven't announced any PS5 exclusive launch titles that would sell the entire console. I think this is going to be a slower launch than the PS4 or 3.

41 minutes ago, Vergil said:

While excited for the price. Don't plan to buy one for at least 2 years

Same, I've haven't had much luck with consoles on launch day, they either turn up broke or die in a couple of years. Best to wait a while. 

Edited by Venocide

1 minute ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I thought the price was already leaked?

Not anything confirmed before, those were more speculation to my knowledge.

With the big box retailers (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy) updating their PS5 console pages today, the thought was that they were going to allow for pre-orders, meaning they would indicate price and release date.  

"The Amazon France listing has prices for both the PS5 and PS5 Digital Only editions. The PS5 is listed at €499 and the Digital Edition clocks in at €399. This converts to approximately $565 USD and $450 USD respectively (£447/£358 in the UK)."

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
Nevermind. I was inadvertedly reading a 3 weeks old Forbes article. Amazon France said it was fake. Sorry for that.

1 minute ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

"The Amazon France listing has prices for both the PS5 and PS5 Digital Only editions. The PS5 is listed at €499 and the Digital Edition clocks in at €399. This converts to approximately $565 USD and $450 USD respectively (£447/£358 in the UK)."

Is this legit!?

I feel like, especially in the American market, the price will be x99 and not some random in-between number. Not sure how prices of systems worked in the past through.

16 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Is this legit!?

Where did you saw that? 

16 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I feel like, especially in the American market, the price will be x99 and not some random in-between number. Not sure how prices of systems worked in the past through.

Sony typically sells their consoles at a loss so it'll probably be $499 and $399 respectively

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Where did you saw that? 

Nevermind. I was inadvertedly reading a 3 weeks old Forbes article (thought I was still reading the previously linked article). Amazon France said it was fake. Sorry for that.

?

Good thing downvotes aren't around anymore.

I probably caused a few heart attacks with that blunder.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

18 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

They supposedly did that one time with the PS3 and some poeple turned that instance into "all the time"

The PS2 and PS4 were both sold at a loss. The PS2 included DVD technology which was brand new at the time so no way they sold it at a profit. The PlayStation division has always been about profiting through licensing and services, not hardware sales

Edited by majob

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

$700 is a lot of money after so many people being unemployed or underemployed for months, and they still haven't announced any PS5 exclusive launch titles that would sell the entire console. I think this is going to be a slower launch than the PS4 or 3.

700 isn't much if you know how to manage money. Even before unemployment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, majob said:

The PS2 and PS4 were both sold at a loss. The PS2 included DVD technology which was brand new at the time so no way they sold it at a profit. The PlayStation division has always been about profiting through licensing and services, not hardware sales

So goes the rumors.