11 Year Old Receives GTA V Early

Herwest299

If my kid cried like that i would have slapped his backside for being a wuss and i would have proceeded to play the game myself instead why you ask because that's exactly what would of happened to many of the older generation of gamers if we acted like that at he's age kids these days dont know they are born  :angry:

Besides the vid is problably a troll its not that hard to print out a gtaV sleve and stick it in any old game case anybody familiar with cd.covers.net will know what im talking about

I wouldn't be suprised if this is exactly what his parents did knowing the type of reaction they would get

Why he got it earlier. He should wait like everybody else. But for me it's OK. I thik the parents should see the game first as it says for people with age over 18 years and he gets the game at the age of 14 years. Why no one cares about PEGI? I have a little brother with 7 years old. Today 2 of my friends asked to me to make a platinum race to get the platinum of Catherine, so I would like to play. But I don't play it. Because it says the game is for people over 18 years. I'm 17 but it doesn't matter i've seen AND PASSED through things a lot worse in real life. He has 7 years old so hes not going to play or see the game. Just look at the third boss and tell me if this is a game for a 7 years old kid.

tumblr_lqtz42lilU1r2yun5o1_500.jpg

So now you see where I want to going with this.

Although I'd love to get it early, should they really be advertising that they ignore age ratings on stuff?

People don't seem so quick to let their toddlers watch scary/violent movies, so why let them play it instead?

Although it might not have a negative impact, the age ratings are there for a reason.

I remember getting Vice City early on the eve of my twelfth birthday; I was overcome with happiness and excitement. Through that game I discovered my love of Scarface, the word "prick," 80s music, and subsequently a lot of things that I would not have been exposed to otherwise. I think playing that game made me an overall better, more interesting person. So, kid - enjoy!

• Like 2

I remember getting Vice City early on the eve of my twelfth birthday; I was overcome with happiness and excitement. Through that game I discovered my love of Scarface, the word "prick," 80s music, and subsequently a lot of things that I would not have been exposed to otherwise. I think playing that game made me an overall better, more interesting person. So, kid - enjoy!

Agreed . 

All I can say is fuck modern society. There is no turning back for people like this. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt them.

Jesus Christ it's only a game xD Games shouldn't have age ratings, they should have intellect ratings, it's only the stupid crazy mother fuckers that actually go and kill people, I've watched horror movies and played GTA and other violent games ever since I was young and you know what, I've not shot anyone, I've not ran over any hookers and I don't think that would be a good idea to do either, only the stupid fucks blame video games for what the stupider fucks do. 

Why he got it earlier. He should wait like everybody else. But for me it's OK. I thik the parents should see the game first as it says for people with age over 18 years and he gets the game at the age of 14 years. Why no one cares about PEGI? I have a little brother with 7 years old. Today 2 of my friends asked to me to make a platinum race to get the platinum of Catherine, so I would like to play. But I don't play it. Because it says the game is for people over 18 years. I'm 17 but it doesn't matter i've seen AND PASSED through things a lot worse in real life. He has 7 years old so hes not going to play or see the game. Just look at the third boss and tell me if this is a game for a 7 years old kid.

*snip*

So now you see where I want to going with this.

I don't think someone who is 7 years old would even get the story of Catherine.  There isn't actually anything too bad in it either, that's probably the worst thing in it. 

I played the Mortal Kombat series when I was really young.. the MegaDrive version as well.  I played some GTA when I was a kid too but back then it was a 2D game where you were looking at it in birds eye view..  It wasn't that fun so I never have looked at the newer releases.

Good for him. He is 11, this means more to him than it'd mean to us. When you're a child, things like this are special (getting the game early). If you are in the right mental state, you aren't sitting there comparing killing people in a video game to real life, so I don't have a problem with this...every parent should know what is best for their child. Almost all video games have some form of violence in them.

• Like 1

I don't think someone who is 7 years old would even get the story of Catherine.  There isn't actually anything too bad in it either, that's probably the worst thing in it. 

I played the Mortal Kombat series when I was really young.. the MegaDrive version as well.  I played some GTA when I was a kid too but back then it was a 2D game where you were looking at it in birds eye view..  It wasn't that fun so I never have looked at the newer releases.

I played Metal Gear Solid whenever I was seven and followed the story-line pretty well. I think the problem here is that people lose that connection with their childhood self; children are not as stupid as they are perceived to be by the people who are "grown-up." Anyone here who was playing games or watching movies that were deemed too adult or mature for them whenever they were younger? Of course. I'm pretty sure most people here turned out fine, and will more than likely show those games and movies to their children. 

I know what I'm doing for my son's or daughter's seventh birthday, if I ever have children that is: educating the wee bastard on Metal Gear.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 2

With this I can comfort the World is going to Shit. I know what it's like getting a game early before release...

...But that was POKEMON DIAMOND!!!
POKEMON!!!
I know how it feels but giving an 11 year old a game for people who in my country can legally watch p**n. now that is wrong

and if your wondering about the whole Pokemon thing. I wasnt a big deal... i just finished the Pokemon League before my friends had the chance to start the game on release date cause i had a 1 week start :P