Nioh 2 - The Tengu Discipline Trophy Discussion

Aranea Highwind

Should be straightforward enough! I am almost done with NG+ anyways since I wanted go get that sweet Yasakani Magatama, so will directly do the DLC on Dream of the Demon :) If  it's anything like it was in the original Nioh, it will make the game so much more interesting :D 

The new item required to obtain a trophy is dropping now. You need 2 of these to clear special missions (let's you play the mission 5 times per scroll) and the drop rate is drop is low (can drop anywhere). Once the DLC drops you can use them.

Nioh_2_20200729111538.jpg

Nioh_2_20200729112103.jpg

Nioh_2_20200729112117.jpg

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 2

By the way, seems like you have to finish the whole on Way of the Demon as predicted lol

The trophy tells you to finish DLC on that difficulty, but guess what, it doesn't unlock until later point in the game. Not sure if you have to finish all the regions for it to unlock, but seems like it. So good luck to everybody lol

So like in the 1st Nioh; for people that dabbled in the end game and went through the trouble of putting builds together it won't be too hard, but for those that bailed the second they got the platinum they'll struggle a bit/have to grind a lot more.

At some point Team Ninja did acknowledge that in the 1st game the DLC was too hard compared to the main game, so I'm thinking it'll be easier overall, though I do hope I'm wrong.

Ok, the DLC is out!

Got the "Demonic Parade-Goer" after the first scroll mission. (I already cleared ~30 , with 10+ unique before the DLC)

The first DLC mission is lvl120 on SAMURAI, and the first main mission is lvl250 on DEMON, so the first DLC mission is around 350-370.

Don't dorget, You need clear a lot of mission in the main game on DEMON, to get acces the DLC.

Edited by sXe_SiC_

Pretty much exactly the same as the first game, but I could do without them artificially extending the content time by making people grind up to way of the demon again.  You also have to clear a lot of way of the demon just to unlock the DLC region, so it doesn't really end up saving that much time as opposed to the first game, where you had to do all missions on way of the demon, anyway.  It isn't difficult at all either, purely a gear check and nothing more with the intent being to make people soul match divine gear in the forge for hours.  The levels listed on the missions are completely meaningless too beyond the samurai and strong difficulties.  All that matters is having good divine gear beyond that point.

Edited by Elegy

what time does this unlock on the US PSN store? i see it's already available on the UK store and my game still does not see the DLC...

i found 2 Demon Parade scrolls, and depleted the number of attempts to try for the Demonic Parade Goer trophy, does the trophy unlock for 10 different scrolls rather than attempts on the same scroll? anyone who got this trophy please answer, and thanks...

13 hours ago, SealedCard said:

Can anyone confirm if you need to play the whole game again to unlock the new difficulty?

You do not need to do the whole game, but you need to complete some main game missions on Dream of the Demon to unlock the DLC region on that difficulty. And in order to unlock Dream of Demon you need to complete the last main mission on New Game +.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 9:49 AM, Aranea Highwind said:

Yeah i updated the list now. There's a trophy that requires to clear the new region on Dream of the Demon difficulty. Hopefully just the region.

But you need to pass majority of the mission in DoD to unlock the DLC in DoD. So in the end, not much difference.

If anyone wants to know in order to unlock the DLC on Dream of the Demon, you need to complete the first 4 regions 100% and about 25-30% in two other regions. Obviously you don't have to do it like I did, but I'm just giving you a ballpark figure on how many missions you need to complete.

This time around I find that main missions and side missions give the same amount of completion rate unlike Nioh 1. Doing blue missions, demons scrolls, twilight missions, and dojo missions don't reward anything in terms of the completion rate bar.

• Like 2