The hiding trophies/games feature needs improvements..

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

What if I have both? Do I get a striped background?

Once a cheater, always a cheater!

If you're caught cheating 1 trophy you're forever RED. Doesn't matter if you hide other legit earned trophies.

It's just an idea of separating people who was caught cheating from people who hasn't been caught cheating yet.

Maybe those people who for some reason hide games, but don't cheat, will feel better about it if they weren't labeled as cheaters although their hidden trophies are earned legit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I've made a case to push for Leaderboards requiring no hidden trophies before (with a few exceptions).

It's 2020. When cheating, "Smart Cheaters" understand if they mess up, all they have to do is hide the game before PSNP "sees" it, thus giving themselves unlimited chances to cheat. It's a big loophole. A particular user on here that I'll call my 'nemesis', a serial cheater, just used CFW, but hid the game and now nothing can be done.

There's another argument not related to cheating why hidden trophies shouldn't be allowed. Accurate stats. How would Crypt of the Necrodancer players feel, if suddenly every single player that hadn't completed the game, hid their list (for whatever reason) and suddenly the rarity became a 100% platinum?

Wait, so my average rarity will go up? Sign me the fuck on.

6 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

I know, but they can be removed from the leaderboards because people can see their lists so can report them. I was saying the site would never allow it because people could cheat lists and then hide them to keep them in their stats, without others being able to see the lists to detect this. Obviously there'll also be people who cheat well and so don't get detected but there's not much to do about that except wait for them to mess up.

I see your point now, I misunderstood before.

8 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

We can only deduce that you have hidden trophies because PSN reports that you have X trophies but all of the trophies we can see add up to < X.

Hidden != cheated

This ^^^

I don't understand the stigma of hidden trophies, I hid a few just so my milestones looked the way i wanted many years ago before I started to keep track of my trophy milestones

I do like the idea of red color for cheaters so at least the rest of us don't have that stigma

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I do like the idea of red color for cheaters so at least the rest of us don't have that stigma

There is nothing that will stop that stigma from those who dogmatically believe all hidden trophies are cheated.

No matter how wrong they are, they aren’t capable of understanding that they’re wrong. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dzstrpc said:

If you're caught cheating 1 trophy you're forever RED. Doesn't matter if you hide other legit earned trophies.

It's just an idea of separating people who was caught cheating from people who hasn't been caught cheating yet.

Maybe those people who for some reason hide games, but don't cheat, will feel better about it if they weren't labeled as cheaters although their hidden trophies are earned legit.

If the majority of your trophy collection is legit then you’re no longer a cheater as long as the trophy hacks were long ago, not exactly fair to be labelled a cheater for the rest of your life over something dumb you did awhile back. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

There is nothing that will stop that stigma from those who dogmatically believe all hidden trophies are cheated.

No matter how wrong they are, they aren’t capable of understanding that they’re wrong. 

Ya sadly you're probably right, you can't fix stupid

I'm not changing though unless someone really wants to see so I can prove them wrong and lord over them.

Past few years I've spent too much effort on my milestones looking the way I want

There's gotta be a better way

• Like 1

Just adding my two cents, enjoying everyone's opinion

I hid a platinum trophy list because it was in the middle of a series I was platinuming. Deleting it from my PS3 caused it to 'update' and get bumped up to the top, despite the fact I platinumed it about a year ago. I hid it, to see if that would solve the problem and bump it back down, but now it's just gone forever on this site.

Not a big deal, it was not a platinum I'm particularly attached to, but I'm regretting not doing my homework of what hiding trophies actually does on this website first because now my PSN and PSNP will be forever out of sync 1 platinum and a bunch of other trophies. But I've since unhid it immediately on PSN and was so shocked when I couldn't get it to show back up here. Led me to finding this thread, and realising there's good points for and against allowing unhiding. 

edit, spelling and final thought:

Of course, I'd love the ability to unhide trophies just from my angle, but really my vote isn't worth much because ignorance of the rules doesn't mean I can avoid them!

Perhaps there could be a whitelist/blacklist of trophy lists it's ok to hide/not hide? Based on their notoriety for hacking..? I'm sure it would be a logistical nightmare or impossible, just throwing the idea out there. 

Edited by FMJInertia

2 hours ago, FMJInertia said:

I'd love the ability to unhide trophies just from my angle

You can unhide trophies. It's not the site stopping you. It's Sony's broken hiding/unhiding system:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/

But that's not what the thread is about anyway. Hiding and unhiding is always okay. It's your profile, do what you want with it. What this thread is making the case for is, allowing people to hide their trophies but still have the points of the hidden trophies on their profile to maintain their leaderboard position. Right now the leaderboard points are determined by the points of unhidden trophies.

2 hours ago, FMJInertia said:

Perhaps there could be a whitelist/blacklist of trophy lists it's ok to hide/not hide? Based on their notoriety for hacking..? I'm sure it would be a logistical nightmare or impossible,

Under current conditions... impossible. Everything can be be hacked, so everything would be on the blacklist. But again, that's not what this thread is about.

• Like 1

People DEMANDS so specific things nowadays, everyone wants a customized PSNP and I'm here still waiting my average rarity projector xD....

But in this case it is too easy, if you hide something you lose the right for it to count toward your points here. Period. (Thought that PSN did the same but it seems that it doesn't...Figures).... If you REALLY cares about what you will shown in your profile then use an alt account to test games, don't go later demanding a solution for YOUR problem.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MrJAMBA said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the feature shouldn't even exist. Remove it from PSN entirely, problem solved. If you need to hide a game for whatever reason, oh well, make better choices next time.

I think PSN itself should allow us to hide/erase trophies from our lists

Not a fan of hiding trophies.  Just never really made sense to me.  Either way I don't think hidden trophies should count towards your overall trophy count/level.  If you don't want them to show, then they won't show.  It seems like another popular ask has been the ability to delete trophies.  I feel like the same people that want the hidden trophies to still count would want credit for deleted trophies as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Not a fan of hiding trophies.  Just never really made sense to me.  Either way I don't think hidden trophies should count towards your overall trophy count/level.  If you don't want them to show, then they won't show.  It seems like another popular ask has been the ability to delete trophies.  I feel like the same people that want the hidden trophies to still count would want credit for deleted trophies as well.

Agreed. Deleting trophies is a complete joke of an idea. The entire premise behind trophies/achievements is to show what difficult (or non difficult) tasks you managed to complete during a game. The whole idea breeds a sense of competition, thats what it's all about. 

Everyone would just delete all of their games under 100%, so they have a perfect profile, thus masking their failures or ineptitude to complete tasks.

This all just seems to fall under the same trend you see in the "real world". Everyone wants what everyone else has, for free. But that is a whole 'nother discussion.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, dzstrpc said:

There’s a thin line here. 

The Debug Menu in Jak and Daxter allows you to get all trophies in a matter of minutes. That is outright cheating. I don’t care what people say about it. But..... using that is perfectly fine on PSNP. 

Using this logic, we don’t know who has cheated and who hasn’t. Whether their account is legit or not.

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

There’s a thin line here. 

The Debug Menu in Jak and Daxter allows you to get all trophies in a matter of minutes. That is outright cheating. I don’t care what people say about it. But..... using that is perfectly fine on PSNP. 

Using this logic, we don’t know who has cheated and who hasn’t. Whether their account is legit or not.

You do what you can and limit the damage.

Although I'm not in agreement with everything that PSNP allows, the staff here, free of compensation, does an honorable job keeping things as legit as they can.

being a measurable part of the gaming establishment is always something to be considered.

I credit the unpaid staff more than the website itself for any integrity they offer to the gaming community.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

PSNProfiles should just negate every type of leaderboard altogether, World/Country Ranks and First/Fastest Achievers.

Where is the pot of gold from this rainbow? 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1