Avengers Trophy Thoughts?

MoreThanAble

9 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

I wouldn't call 70-80 hours grindy, let alone "very grindy".  Very grindy to me, is around 300-400 hours. But that's just my opinion. Semantics.

that's fair, everyone has their own standards. I played Destiny 2 for over 500 hours before getting the plat so I'm familiar with the absurd grinds, but it also depends on the gameplay. D2's gunplay allowed me to overlook the issues in content quality, while I'm not sure the gameplay loop of Avengers is going to salvage a fairly grindy plat

• Like 2

It'll be a grind. Could take 100+ hours, but who knows, maybe there'll be exploits to speed up the process. I don't mind the grind because the game is decent fun, but I'm just worried about the quality of the campaign. The opening mission in the beta was alright, but everything after that was just exhausting to play through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fish613 said:

I wouldn't call 70-80 hours grindy, let alone "very grindy".  Very grindy to me, is around 300-400 hours. But that's just my opinion. Semantics.

These days I've seen people call five hours "grindy". It's hard to even take the term seriously anymore.

Seems like a solid, straightforward list. Beat the campaign, beat the Iconic missions, then just play a bunch and level up.

I'd guess 60-80 hours to plat, depending on how long it takes to level up a Faction.

Seeing Stars could be tricky with all the drones and projectile enemies. Not sure I made it through a single objective in the beta without taking some damage. Hopefully there will be some easy way to unlock it, like rushing to a checkpoint before the AI teammates start fighting anybody or something like that.

1 hour ago, ShadeSplit said:

These days I've seen people call five hours "grindy". It's hard to even take the term seriously anymore

I think it really depends on the game. I mean, five hours doesn't seem like much of a grind, but when the story is one hour and you spend the next five hours jumping up and down in a corner, that can seem pretty damn grindy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I think it really depends on the game. I mean, five hours doesn't seem like much of a grind, but when the story is one hour and you spend the next five hours jumping up and down in a corner, that can seem pretty damn grindy.

It does depend on what you're doing, and for how long, but most of what I see tends to be very exaggerated.

28 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

As others have noted it doesn’t look like there’s any online / coop based trophies which is a MASSIVE relief. Just hope it actually stays that way in regards to potential future DLC.

I think I read somewhere that you are basically forced into Co-op for some of the final missions in order to complete the story. 

In my opinion, this list is easier than the one was leaked in first place. From my point of view the biggest changes are:

• On the Mountaintop trophy has been reduced from a power level of 300 to 150.
  • Old Fashioned Beat Down requirements has changed from "Defeat any boss without any strike team member taking damage" to "Complete HARM Challenges I to V". Which from what we have seen in the beta, they are pretty easy.
  • New trophy Truly Elite: "Complete an Elite Heroic Hive". We don't have a clue about what a Hive mission will be yet. But in my opinion, I think it will be something similar to Destiny's nightfalls (strikes with mods, tougher enemies, etc.) 

On the other hands, after playing the beta for the last two weekends, these are some thoughts:

• Depending on how big the change of loot frequency will be or if there it will be power level softcaps activities On the Mountaintop will NOT be that grindy. There was already farm strategies in the beta for making this quicker. I would say, basing on my experience (and again, if loot system doesn't change much in the game), it will take 20 hours or so. 
  • Back in Business seems to be more grindy from my pov. It is confirmed than level progression was boosted in the beta.
  • Gold Star Success looks potentially grindy since we don't know what an assignment is yet. 
  • In my opinion, the two trophies most relevant now are Seeing Stars (Earn a five star rating on an objective without any team member taking damage) and Rough and Tumble (Reach a combo of 20 hits or higher). It's pretty easy to complete an entire mission without being downed, however you will need a bit much of luck of doing even a single objective without taking any damage. I guess that choosing Challenge I difficulty to reduce the time you are exposed to take some damage, doing a quick objective with the determined kind of enemies, etc will be the key in this one). The combo trophy is undertermined for me right now, there wasn't a combo multiplier in the beta, because of that it's difficult to determine how permissive it will be.

Edited by TizonaES
Grammar
  • Like 4

I’m one of those that prefer online trophies than grinding a game out. It’s not that I hate grinding, doing things over and over again. It’s just I don’t wanna play for so long after I’ve actually finished the game unless it’s a fun grind that’s maybe 20 hours long then I won’t mind but because I’m quite confident in my online capabilities, I would prefer there to be online alongside grindy trophies

Collectibles, story and grinding by the looks of it. Alot of the end-state grind will probably require groups, i found some of the non-story war table missions to be tricky solo because the AI was rubbish (at least when i played, it might get tuned up better for launch though). So i'd imagine the more complex end game war table stuff will work better with a co-ordinated group. I'm guessing there will be more advanced war table missions too which will compound that trickiness to solo. 

They are going to be adding more characters periodically, so I wonder if this will mean a few trophies per character (e.g get Ant Man to level 150 power or something) or if they will bother adding trophies at all for that stuff. They are planning years of content, so i'm interested to see if we end up breaching the 100 trophy mark for this game and beyond if it doesn't collapse in on itself.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

1 hour ago, DessieB93 said:

I think I read somewhere that you are basically forced into Co-op for some of the final missions in order to complete the story. 

As long as it’s streamlined via online, then fine. If I actually have to add someone and invite them to my session then that’ll be extremely stupid.