Final Fantasy XVI - June 22, 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

Can't wait to play this one! While I still enjoyed FFXV despite its numerous flaws, this looks way better.

Kind of crazy that this game is only a little over two months away, let alone that it and Tears of The Kingdom come out within about a month from one another.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

The addition of the training mode and arcade mode is smart since this game is a DMC-inspired action-RPG. I can imagine how many epic combo videos will fill YouTube weeks after FF16's release.

But I have to say, at some point these damage numbers become meaningless. "Wow I got so many 142's on my screen from this attack, I must be doing well"  ?. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

How Square Enix built Final Fantasy XVI’s fantastical, believable, lived-in world

The development story of environmental artists, level designers and combat teams joining forces to flesh out Valisthea.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/22/how-square-enix-built-final-fantasy-xvis-fantastical-believable-lived-in-world/

Edited by ziggypossum
XVI
  • Like 2

I love seeing more of the game, but at this point they've completely sold me. Every new trailer is just reinforcing it :) The additional news of no day 1 patch and no planned DLC is also just icing 

• 3 weeks later...

So happy they're including a combat demo as well (which based them saying it's dark that means it's probably the Garuda dungeon vertical slice from preview events.)

I am gonna just play that endlessly for the next 10 days until the game is out lol.

Trophy list revealed via Powerpyx.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-16-xvi-trophy-list-revealed/

Looks like Final Fantasy mode difficulty (ng+ unlocks this I believe) and beating a boss without taking damage will probably be the hardest trophies in it.  Surprised a little that there is a difficulty mode trophy since the co - director supposedly doesn't like difficulty mode trophies.

Edited by Snake2410

16 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Looks like Final Fantasy mode difficulty (ng+ unlocks this I believe) and beating a boss without taking damage will probably be the hardest trophies in it.  Surprised a little that there is a difficulty mode trophy since the co - director supposedly doesn't like difficulty mode trophies.

I mean the Gigas and Morbol boss fights are pretty easy to no-hit. If you wanted to you can just spam Fire and let your AI party members get up close. Now if it asked to no-hit major bosses like Benedikta for example, well that's more challenging. I'm more concerned with the combat trophies since a lot of them don't allow you to earn them in the training mode. Might make them potentially missable, depending on whether there is post-main story exploration or not. Curious what the Final Fantasy mode is, imagine if it's a secret turn-based mode unlocked after your first playthrough lol. That would be sick.

Edited by PostGameBlues

I love that Final Fantsy mode seems to function similarly to Son of Sparda or something like that. 

I have mainly avoided most of the trailers and promo materials, but recently watched an extensive vid on combat and I am certainly in for a ride. Combat seems like just the right amount of depths for me. 

If someones interested and haven't figured everything in the demo. 

34 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I mean the Gigas and Morbol boss fights are pretty easy to no-hit. If you wanted to you can just spam Fire and let your AI party members get up close. Now if it asked to no-hit major bosses like Benedikta for example, well that's more challenging. I'm more concerned with the combat trophies since a lot of them don't allow you to earn them in the training mode. Might make them potentially missable, depending on whether there is post-main story exploration or not. Curious what the Final Fantasy mode is, imagine if it's a secret turn-based mode unlocked after your first playthrough lol. That would be sick.

According to the Game Informer interview articles Final Fantasy mode is only available in New Game Plus and consists of a difficulty increase, changes in monster placement, and remixes in what enemies may appear in combat. It's not the hardear difficulty though, that's Ultimamaniac mode.  That's another NG+ exclusive mode, and is supposedly harder than anything in DMCV.

So it's basically a more difficult playthrough with different enemies and placements (potentially harder enemies earlier, ect).  It's also the only way you can fully upgrade accessories and play the final chronolith trials, which have leaderboards.

As for combat trophies, they don't sound too bad.  But it'll all depend on if any of the open field areas are repeatable to farm them.  The boss trophy will be dependant on what they consider a boss for it.  Maybe mini bosses don't count either, we'll see.

Edited by Snake2410

3 hours ago, Akrioz said:

I love that Final Fantsy mode seems to function similarly to Son of Sparda or something like that. 

I have mainly avoided most of the trailers and promo materials, but recently watched an extensive vid on combat and I am certainly in for a ride. Combat seems like just the right amount of depths for me. 

If someones interested and haven't figured everything in the demo. 

Son of Sparta?! Nice I like how the game takes its combat more seriously than the other games. 

Also pretty cool with all the combat misc. trophies as well, makes you try out different moves and get rewarded for it ?? Ready for some DMC (kinda) action soon 

2 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

I remember reading an interview awhile that they said this game would take about 70h when doing everything in the game (main story, side content, challenges, etc). Probably expecting a 70-80h Platinum for this.

Reviews should be out sometimes next week too.

Depends on how quickly someone can get through the second playthrough on Final Fantasy mode.  Maybe closer to 100 after all is said and done.