Final Fantasy XVI - June 22, 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

This might be the first mainline Final Fantasy game (that's not an MMO) that makes me just go 'eh'.  The graphics are pretty and that sukazu looks amazing.  But the setting and the characters introduced so far are not that interesting to me at all.  I loved 15 so I like the hints of it but nothing about this is interesting at all.  Maybe things will change but as of right now it's a "skip" for me.

57 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

First time that i don't look forward to the next FF game. I don't know, maybe i'm affected by XV's bitter taste.

The choice of the director doesn't seem wise (if it's Hiroshi Takai)

I'd prefer see Nier's director making a FF

It's led by Naoki Yoshida and his team (the guys that brilliantly rebooted FF14). As a long-time FF14 player this could not have been any better for me. All of FF14's expansions have been fantastic and had very positive critical reception, especially Heavensward and Shadowbringers. 

I really like what I've seen so far. The whole medieval-like setting is a nice change of pace from the other more recent Final Fantasy titles. Seeing some of the people who are working on the game give me hope that this is going to turn out better than FFXV. Hopefully they actually release a complete product this time around without years worth of DLC and updates. I want them to give me a reason to play this game on day one.

22 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I'm surprised by how much we saw of it. Story beats, characters, combat, this has been in production for a while! Late next year/ early 2022, perhaps?

To be completely honest... I wish that were the case. I truly, TRULY do. Unfortunately... I severely doubt it.

That's BEST CASE SCENARIO in all likelihood. In actuality... my best guess is it will be the 2022-2023 range when it actually comes out. ?

• Like 1

I heard so many good things about Naoki Yoshida and what he did with the story in FF XIV, that I am quite excited to see his work in a single player game. Maybe one day I will push through the beginning of FF XIV to get to the good stuff...maybe.

The combat looked really nice too, as for the setting, I don't really mind if it gets rid of the more futuristic aspects we usually find in FF, either way is fine with me.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, Sword said:

Ah heck yeah! I'm excited for it! I really love Final Fantasy and I'm stoked to go on another adventure. I have no pre-tense of expectations. Give me whatever you want: turn based, action combat, whatever. I don't care, just bring on another Final Fantasy! 

I agree!
I love the medieval style aswell.

Hope we will get a classic old school Turn-Based Final Fantasy in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Good news everyone!!

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/final_fantasy_xvi_coming_sooner_than_people_think_reportedly_in_development_for_at_least_4_years

Looks like we might be getting this soon after all!! Maybe @Stan Lee was right after all? 1f914.png

That would be nice. But also it's Squeenix we're dealing with here. 4 years is like half a game's dev cycle with them these days, and probably restarted like 7 times within that time period! ?

• Like 1