Final Fantasy XVI - June 22, 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

Anybody know if the Square Enix store charges for preorders right away or closer to launch? I don't think they do for credit cards, but I want to purchase the XVI collector's edition with either my debi card or paypal. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I haven't bought anything from the SES before. Solved. 
They won't charge until it ships.

Edited by Valyrious

• Clive Rosfield – Ben Starr
  • Joshua Rosfield – Logan Hannan
  • Jill Warrick (child) – Charlotte McBurney
  • Jill Warrick (young adult) – Susannah Fielding
  • Cidolfus Telamon – Ralph Ineson
  • Benedikta Harman – Nina Yndis
  • Hugo Kupka – Alex Lanipekun
  • Dion Lesage – Stewart Clarke
  • Barnabas Tharmr – David Menkin

Barnabas' ENG VA is infamous for his portrayal of Malos in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I am at a glance unfamiliar with these other voice actors, but Menkin did a FANTASTIC job as Malos, so I can already tell Barnie will be a fan favourite. Book it.

On 10/12/2022 at 0:30 PM, Hornet said:

Damn. I was hoping it would be April. Don't think we are getting Rebirth next year then.

Rebirth is next winter. Winter is vague. 

Everyone was so sure Crisis Core was 2023 when it was listed as "this Winter". But i still held it for 2022 and it released ass end of it.

Winter is Dec 21 or something till March 20 technically. Then spring etc. Game released Dec 13. So a week shy. If FF7Rebirth drops in 2023 it will be December for sure. I think it gets pushed to 2024 January though. But with the way Square is releasing FF titles, until they specifically say 2024, its a 2023 release for me.

- Crisis Core - Dec 13, 2022

- FF anniversary collection - May 31 2023 (tentatively, based off preorder)

- FF16 - June 2023

JULY-DEC there is nothing. They have enough time from a September TGS to promote FF7 part 2 for a December launch if they are ready. Its also a different team working on it than the team working on FF16.

But my hope is once 16 and part 2 are out. All teams combine to finish part 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 6:26 AM, rockstarjazz said:

i never played any final fantasy game before.

must you have played previous games to understand its sequels?

ff16 looks interesting to me as i like hack and slash games and this looks like its going in that direction

No.  They are not a continuous story, in fact they have very little if anything to do with one another.  You can start with any game you choose.

14 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

No.  They are not a continuous story, in fact they have very little if anything to do with one another.  You can start with any game you choose.

Yeah they are all stand alone. A few games have sequels lik10 and 13. But the series is pretty meh 6 7 and 9 are pretty good. The rest are laughably bad

• 2 weeks later...

This really doesn't belong in here... but I'm not making a new thread for it due to the obviously probably-not-true contents lol. So I'm putting it here instead.

Apparently there's a new massive rumor going around, which originated from 4Chan so that already instantly tells you how much you should believe it, that someone is claiming there's going to be a Final Fantasy 35th Anniversary Event Celebration that will be close to an hour and a half long that will be taking place on February 7th and some major things are being claimed to be revealed there. I'll put them in spoilers just in case it's true but like I said it's extremely doubtful

Spoiler

Basically the claim states the following major things are going to be revealed:

World of Final Fantasy sequel titled World of Final Fantasy II: A Mog of Light

Announcement of Final Fantasy IX Remake

Announcement of Final Fantasy X-3. But apparently this one is that it's 'Now In Development' (I'm guessing similarly to the announcement when Kingdom Hearts IV was revealed)

If this is true... the only thing you'll hear from my end will be a VERY loud sound. Which is obviously... the sound of me fainting. ?

But in reality... well.....

*insert that Spider-Man movie meme here with the laughing and the "You Serious?" at the end*

Well... you get it I hope lol. ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

This really doesn't belong in here... but I'm not making a new thread for it due to the obviously probably-not-true contents lol. So I'm putting it here instead.

Apparently there's a new massive rumor going around, which originated from 4Chan so that already instantly tells you how much you should believe it, that someone is claiming there's going to be a Final Fantasy 35th Anniversary Event Celebration that will be close to an hour and a half long that will be taking place on February 7th and some major things are being claimed to be revealed there. I'll put them in spoilers just in case it's true but like I said it's extremely doubtful

Reveal hidden contents

Basically the claim states the following major things are going to be revealed:

World of Final Fantasy sequel titled World of Final Fantasy II: A Mog of Light

Announcement of Final Fantasy IX Remake

Announcement of Final Fantasy X-3. But apparently this one is that it's 'Now In Development' (I'm guessing similarly to the announcement when Kingdom Hearts IV was revealed)

If this is true... the only thing you'll hear from my end will be a VERY loud sound. Which is obviously... the sound of me fainting. 1f635.png

But in reality... well.....

*insert that Spider-Man movie meme here with the laughing and the "You Serious?" at the end*

Well... you get it I hope lol. 1f602.png

Dude, stop going over to 4chan and believing everything they say. Nothing they say comes true and whatever. I don't know where you got that info from 4chan, but it shouldn't be trusted. And it doesn't belong in here, so why did you put it here if it is not related to FFXVI?

That leak looks mostly false to me. Someone at Square said they wanted to work on FFX-3 only one or two years ago, not enough time to make it a reality. I would bet on FFIX remake because of the chibi style but the rest I'm not sure. You would have a giantic team not only working on that, but also on FF XVI, Rebirth, Theatryhm; it's just a lot of people and a lot of projects.

Edited by Jeanoltt

20 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

Dude, stop going over to 4chan and believing everything they say. Nothing they say comes true and whatever. I don't know where you got that info from 4chan, but it shouldn't be trusted. And it doesn't belong in here, so why did you put it here if it is not related to FFXVI?

Somebody didn't read where I clearly said I didn't believe it and it wasn't to be believed and I didn't know where else to put it

• Like 1