Final Fantasy XVI - June 22, 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

Finally some lengthy combat clips!

Andddd it looks pretty much exactly like what I was expecting, and I mean that in a good way. Looks like the actual video footage is the same across all the previews though (though different for each language) so not a whole lot to chew on in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

• Final Fantasy XVI's combat director is Ryota Suzuki, best known for Devil May Cry 5 and Dragon's Dogma.
  •  
  • FFXVI has a huge world, but it is not completely open, and the game itself is linear.
  •  
  • The game will receive a demo 2 weeks before the release date. Save can be transferred to the full version.
Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 4

I only watched the dungeon video because I don't know if the rest have commentary or not. I don't like stuff like that. Besides... for the most part... I prefer just experiencing stuff for myself you know?

Looks as great as I was hoping it would honestly. There are reports that a demo will be dropping a couple of weeks before release... PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE. I DEFINITELY WANT TO EXPERIENCE A DEMO.

I might wait for that then and just experience it for myself. maybe stream it too lol

But man this really does look like potentially the best mainline FF in YEARS.

• Like 2

This looks absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to play the game. Honestly 2023 is looking like the best year for Final Fantasy fans, Final Fantasy Pixel Collection, FFXVI & FFVII Remake Part 2. Great time to be a fan of the series.

16 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I only watched the dungeon video because I don't know if the rest have commentary or not. I don't like stuff like that. Besides... for the most part... I prefer just experiencing stuff for myself you know?

Looks as great as I was hoping it would honestly. There are reports that a demo will be dropping a couple of weeks before release... PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE. I DEFINITELY WANT TO EXPERIENCE A DEMO.

I might wait for that then and just experience it for myself. maybe stream it too lol

But man this really does look like potentially the best mainline FF in YEARS.

Same I only watched the one without the commentary, why would want to listen to random people talking over the videos. Also it's possible FFXVI will have a demo since FFXV did not long before release. I've got high expectations so i'm hoping I don't get disappointed like I did FFXV.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 10:29 AM, ziggypossum said:
  • FFXVI has a huge world, but it is not completely open, and the game itself is linear.

Very glad to hear this.  The art of using the world and the story to guide players linearly through a world so effectively that they don't even realize its linear is something FF's of yesteryear excelled at and something modern FF's and the industry in general has lacked.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fans have been eagerly awaiting more info on the world, characters, and powerful Eikons of Final Fantasy XVI.

We’re happy to announce our State of Play will dive into all this and more, so tune in live April 13 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 11pm CEST, then get ready for Final Fantasy XVI’s PS5 launch on June 22.

Edited by ziggypossum
FF XVI
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Picek said:

FFIX was the last FF that had heart and soul. Everything after that just gets worse and worse and it's just not the FF I want it to be anymore. According to the trailers, FFXVI looks attractive, but that's not it for me.

I'm very much of the same opinion( although I think FFX was the last great one). The more I see and hear about the game the less interested I become. I'm sure the game will get rave reviews and most people will love it but it's not the game I'm looking for. Final Fantasy seems to be a series I've become somewhat apathic to.  

• Like 1

GOD THAT SOP WAS SO GOOD. I don't think it's possible for this game to get better. I really don't. I was kind of low key hoping for an early demo drop but it's fine lol. You live P5S..... for now.

Also... apparently the Chainsaw Man OP artist is doing the theme? That's what someone on Discord told me anyway. CSM OP GOES HARD. THIS GAME LITERALLY CAN'T GET BETTER.

This has the potential to be the best FF... ever. Well... maybe. Still though.... I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

• Like 1

Perhaps i'm biased by SE's latest failures, but i don't see anything interesting with XVI.

XV looked awesome in trailers and it was a dissapointment.

Since X we didn't have a decent storyline, i can't even recall if XII and XIII had an antagonist.

I'd rather see the rest of VII remake and then remakes of VI, VIII, IX and X