When/Why do you delete friends on your friend list?

Beyondthegrave07

The "Friend" list is misleading. I'm rarely actual friends with people who trophy hunt. At best, I'm online cool with most people who boost on these games. Deletion only occurs when that covenant is fulfilled. It's nothing personal to them or anything. I'm under no delusion that we're besties.

(Didn't realise I already posted here in 2014, haha.)

Edited by thepeaguy83

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been quite picky on who I make friends with on there. Most of them are people I know in real life. However I have made the odd exception.

My main reason for deleting people is when they start being creepy. Being a girl gamer can be tricky to navigate sometimes. It can be hard to find other girls to play with as the scene is male dominated. So then you make friends with a guy and they start being all letchy. I stopped adding people for this reason.

However, even though I thought I was being cautious.. I met someone on here. I thought they were respectful and it was a friend I could share my interest in gaming with. We spoke for about a year and everything was going fine. Until last week when he dropped a random ‘do you masturbate’ message to me. Then, when I blocked him on PS, he started to give me abuse on here as if I was in the wrong. I was really insulted by this display of behaviour. It just reduced our friendship and it felt really demeaning. He wouldn’t start asking his male gamer friends that. It was an invasion of my privacy and made me feel dirty afterwards. I had never once shown a romantic interest in him.

So now I just have a few friends on my list, most of which are inactive. But now I’m too scared to make any others incase they behave the same way. 

Sorry had to get that out, it really got to me. I thought I had found a friend. And it just made me feel cheap and like because I’m a woman I don’t deserve gaming buddies unless I tell them about my bedroom habits.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1) People I just added for trophies and  didnt have the chemistry wiith

2) Fortnite Kids

3) Minors

4) People who beg to give them money or in-game currency

5) people who ask personal stuff

6) people who go AWOL or put them self constantly offline

7) people who just wanna play with me if I benefit them, but also never make efforts to join me

8) people who spam invites

9) people who are arrogant, I mean everyone has games they re good are bad in, but honestly if we fail to get a thing done for the trophy lets keep trying, some people just leave u in the cold.

Which I find total ass

To point 1 i met some really nice people through bossting sessions which I still talk  to, but else if i just see they re treating games like throwaway things , play them for trophies and never play them again then i also most likely delete them as we never gonna play again.

Like I played GTA V with one guy we got the trophies then we still played together, but the others sole purpose is trophies, and they sweat really hard to get done everything asap.

Not even in for nice conversation, really rare speaking etc.

As soon as the trophy pops they left.

My criteria for deletion is very simple, if I ask someone on my list advice about something and I don't get a response in a reasonable time frame they're gone. Other than that I delete people for spamming or being abusive. Inactivity would be the last one but I don't have too many people on my list around 50 of which I only speak to about 10% of them. 

• 1 year later...

I delete almost everyone off my friend's list. Because it's a lot of fun. I also have about 350 people on my block list. That's always fun too. Lastly, I have about 25 people on my friend's list. But only a few are real friends. The rest are either extra unwanted baggage or IJCBF removing them at the moment. I know of some people who have 1000's of players on their friend's list. What's the point of that? They collect friends instead of trophies. IKR. What ever floats your boat. Oh, and I forgot -- I love to spam some people with Emos.

Never really had anyone on my friends list send me hate mail. And never really had anyone spam me. The Only reason I would delete someone is because we don't play together any longer. Lack of activity. Or if we only became friends to play a game and we don't really share any other common games together.