When/Why do you delete friends on your friend list?

Beyondthegrave07

Same reasons as yours pretty much, also I've added some people before because I've met them online on a game and they seemed cool, after that though we never played together or spoke for months, that kind of defeats the point of being on my friends list? That being I said, I rarely delete, I feels all mean deleting someone, so instead I chuck the person an ultimatum, dick pic or deletion, to this day I have never received a dick pic and I have no friends, my mom added me once out of pity, we didn't speak on psn so I threw her the ultimatum, now we don't speak at all.  

I try to pay attention to everyone on my friends list. What games they are playing, trophy level, new plats, etc. I also keep people that have many of the same games in common as me. I will generally delete you if A) we have no interaction or B- inactivity. With me it's generally a month and you are gone. I want people on my friends list last love to play games and are willing to help out when needed (as I always try to do as well). 

Edited by broy300

Usually if I just added them to boost a quick trophy or two. If it was more than one session and they turned out to be really helpful, I'll keep them on it.  But if months go by and there has been no communication between us, I'll probably delete them. If they haven't done it to me first.

I've deleted some people for spam, other than that, I boost a lot so my friend list is ever growing, sometimes I need to delete older friends to make space to new ones. I don't like deleting people I boosted with because I will help them if they ask.

Before: I've deleted some of my friends so that I can add friends that play Toro's Friend Network (yah I know it's petty and getting the 100 friends is not worth it)

Now: Spams and Hate Msgs... I remembered once that I have changed my setting for receiving messages when someone spammed me with hate msg for outbidding him in Ecolibrium... 

1. When i get spam Invites to COD i always get 50+ everyday from call of duty games ( use to be a hardcore cod gamer so when you are good you get a bunch of friends request and spam mail to play with them >.>) use to be on a top 10 world rank clan back in the days 

2. when there haven't been on for a month i delete them unless you are a close friend or and awesome person from here PS profiles 

Hate mail well i get that everyday from random cod little tryhards like learn to lose people seriously why send hate mail if you lose to me a bunch of times

Edited by SleeppingForest

#1 If they've been inactive for 6+ months

#2 Trophy hackers/game sharers

#3 Send any hate my way. I actually had a dude bring my relationship with my wife into a conversation (I didn't know this guy in real life) and insulted me and her just because I didnt play FF XIV 5 hours a day.

I only ever delete someone if they haven't been on for a long, long time - and even then, I have to know they probably aren't coming back. Exceptions go to people that I know personally - especially those in the military. My friends list is pushing around 50, I think - and everyone on there is someone I know, or someone I at least game with from time to time.

Only spam I've ever gotten has been random..and so infrequent that it doesn't bother me. Hate mail..enh..I've gotten I think 2 messages - once was some idiot on HOME sending messages that literally only said "You suk". The other was a sore loser on Driver: San Francisco who was mad that I beat him [Called me a no-lifer, or something along those lines.]

Other than those reasons, I tend to keep people on. No real point deleting people unless I absolutely need to - it also helps not accepting requests from just ANY old person who sends one.