When/Why do you delete friends on your friend list?

Beyondthegrave07

I Honestly rarely erase friends I have, I used to talk to some of the people I had as friends, but they rarely or just don't reply to me. I got talk shy from it, so I just read their stats out of boredom and continue to play my game or just watch something on my laptop.

In fact people are likely to erase me instead, which i don't notice happens till a week later.

When I do a gaming session, I sometimes end up adding way to many people and it takes up so much space and some of them don't even show. After we finish I keep those that helped me since I feel like it's kinda awkwardly rude to just say "ok thanks" Leave chat and unfriend those who just helped U. Who knows U and that person might end up having to need eachother again later with another mutual game U both own.

I actually delete more people who send me friend requests, because A majority of them are just blank. I rarely even play multiplayer, so I ask myself how did U get my user?

Then when I check their trophies there's not 1 mutual game we have...so I just delete them.

I erase very few people. I even have 3 guys who spammed me or sent me a strange message and just pretended like I never saw it and move on.

1 said he was Kevin Butler who wanted me to copy his whole message and send it to a friend so I can get 37 PSN$(I get a lot of these from many Kevin Butlers)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

-Spam (though nobody really does anymore, thankfully).

-The combination of disregard & maximum PS3 friend list. Since I got a PS4, though, this is a non-issue.

-*RARE* When I'm trying to reduce my list to 100 friends to get an AC4 trophy.

So technically, I don't delete anybody anymore. There hasn't been a reason to.

If they no longer talk to me, they haven't logged in in months, send me spam messages/multiple game invites to games I don't own, become aggressive if I don't help them in a game I no longer play/have a save in, or just need space... I take all of this in account before I delete people. Though I hate spam messages, and don't care how long we've been friends... the minute you send me a spam message, I delete you instantly. 

I mostly want my friend list to be people I actually know (especially on consoles with very limited space, such as 3DS... 100 friend limit). Sometimes I add people on my 3DS just to, say, trade something in animal crossing/pokémon/ect, but after a while I delete then if I don't know who they are.

Wish I could answer but I have the feeling that rather than deleting, I'm the one that keeps getting deleted :D

I have deleted people who seem to no longer use their accounts, but I don't really have that much people added, and almost all of them are friends who I actually know, so there's that.

• 2 months later...

1). If they are always on the PSN main menu

2). If they never play the games that I like to play because they are on some other game I don't own.

3). If they are CONSTANTLY on Netflix or Hulu Plus or Youtube or Crackle.

4). If they are always going online then offline (repeat)

AND FINALLLLYYYY.......

IF THEY NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR WELL PUT MESSAGES OR GAME INVITES.

I generally only keep 5-10 people at a time. I'll add friends who are playing the same games and keep them until I finish and have helped them with what they need then I delete. Only permanent friends are two real life friends, my brother in law and my own 2nd account (for sending challenges/items I.e. Blur, Darksiders 2)

• 2 months later...

I try not to add people I don't know for those very reasons. The ones on there now are two I've known for many years. Since I avoid online play, my friendlist is only good for stalking the friends I already have.