When/Why do you delete friends on your friend list?

Beyondthegrave07

Inactivity is the main one, so I give it a few months. (one exception is a guy who died 2 years ago, and I just would feel too harsh to delete him). 

The other biggie for me is spam for psn vouchers. i.e. "Hi this is "Mr X" from Sony, today is PS3's 4th birthday, and if you send this message to all your friends, you will get $10 added to your store wallet... etc" ...really, I can't believe so many people fall for such crap. It's normally not even close to the right number of years. This is an instant delete for me! 

When you delete a friend on PSN, why do you do it? And, approximately how many friends have you deleted off your friends list for these reasons?

There are only 3 reasons why I ever delete friends on PSN.

1.) Lack of activity - for instance if a friend hasn't been on in 6 months, I delete them (unless I personally know them). I think this is a fair time limit esp. when I know people who delete them after a week!

2.) SPAM, SPAM, SPAM - It's bad enough to have random people do it to you, but when a friend does it to me, they are just begging me to unfriend them and add them to my block list. For the thousandth time, no I do not want to play Blops 2 with you! In fact I don't even have the game with me! (which is slowly becoming on of my favorite functions on PSN, esp when I get spammed with CoD or Tekken hatemail)

3.) Hatemail - This isn't exactly the same as spamming but sometimes, I just get hatemail from my friends for no reason! What did I ever do to you? In fact, I have NEVER sent hatemail to ANYONE via PSN (or ever in any way, shape, or form as far as I remember). It's silly unless they did something so ridiculously horrible (53 downs in zombies, really?)

Now it's your turn!

I remember getting hatemail for Persona 4 Arena twice....

And one guy wouldn't stop inviting me to play Borderlands 2 (he even uses modded weapons!)

And the spamming is something I totally detest.

Edited by GamepartnersTV

I don't boost enough to save room for them, plus I only have like 45 friends so space isn't an issue.

Inactivity is the main one, so I give it a few months. (one exception is a guy who died 2 years ago, and I just would feel too harsh to delete him). 

The other biggie for me is spam for psn vouchers. i.e. "Hi this is "Mr X" from Sony, today is PS3's 4th birthday, and if you send this message to all your friends, you will get $10 added to your store wallet... etc" ...really, I can't believe so many people fall for such crap. It's normally not even close to the right number of years. This is an instant delete for me! 

I give everyone 1 of those and tell them they're fake. When they send me one every other day after I already told them it's fake is when I start to get a little...Delete-y

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I think the main reason, as with everyone else, is inactivity.

I'll usually wait a few months beforehand.

Another thing that I've noticed mainly with random adds, is people who you don't relatively know sometimes share a lack of common interest which leads to rarely speaking. Although it's not exactly often, I've had it happen a few times. In that case, there really isn't much reason to have them on the list any longer.

I delete for bein inactive and for boosting. I'm almost always maxed on my friend list but if anyone spams me or sends hate mail then their added to my large block list of ppl. I actually maxed out my block list a while back. A lot of it was from uc2 dlc lol

inactivity, people who became online/offline too often, spam, and people that send me message with stupid content while I struggling for some hard trophy (for example, I was having a hard time to complete the challenges from Star Wars FU2, and some guy was sending messages asking about my day and stuff, and he wasn't playing nothing in that moment!! some people think the PS3 is for chat)

I really only ever add people for boosting sessions, then delete them afterwards. I don't know, outside of chatting on forums, I've never really been into Facebook, Twitter, and all that. I guess my PSN activity is an extension of that. I've been trying to get better at that sort of thing. :|

Thankfully I've never had to delete someone for spamming or being a jerk. 

My list isn't quite full yet but I'll delete people who haven't been active for 3-4 months; unless they send out a message telling people why they'll be away for an extended time. If your ps3 died or you're going to be in another country for a few months then I won't.