How does the 190/191 glitch happen?

darkjjda

On 9/28/2020 at 3:47 AM, Reinachii- said:

How does one actually die mid-looting? 

People seriously trying to loot during a fight? Bizzare...

1f610.png

Almost happened to me too. Grabbed the last gear item and went to the zipline. But Max felt like being Lara Croft and ran off the platform instead of grabbing the zipline. Instant death. :facepalm:
Thankfully, the save was finished by the time Max splatted on the ground. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2020 at 3:47 AM, Reinachii- said:

How does one actually die mid-looting? 

People seriously trying to loot during a fight? Bizzare...

1f610.png

I mean, it’s really not bizarre. Take it from someone who has accidentally ran into this problem on two separate NGs. If you’ve completed all combat challenges it makes sense to just dodge and roll away from hordes of enemies while completing a scavenging location. It’s easier than you think to get unlucky and die when the game is autosaving. 

Nobody has made a 100 percent confirmation that dying while the game is saving will give you the scavenging glitch.

What I basically did was save after every 10 - 20 scavenging locations in a different save slot. Backed up the same save to the USB and onto the Cloud. Always made sure the number of scavenging locations completed on both the statistics page and challenges page matched up.

Now, there are several challenges for the scavenging locations, but some simple math addition for all the scavenging locations you've done thus far on the challenges should give you the same number. If you are one off, then you have the glitch. The trophy for completing all the scavenging locations in the game will pop, but you will be one off on the challenge, therefore you cannot get the Up to the Task trophy.

I cannot stress enough how it must feel for people having to replay 50 - 60 hours of the game because of a glitch. With the servers shutting down at the end of next month, it's best to take a lot of precautions.

Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

when i was doing my last scavenger locations. i got to the lava pit and i didn't jump after grabbing the gear. it didn't activate the nasty bug.

finished the locations this morning (just cleaning up the lists tomorrow and through the days ahead).

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Nobody knows for sure what causes the glitch. Dying while the game is saving may cause it if you just looted a scavenging location.

Several people (myself included) have witnessed it happening just as predicted. Treating it as just a theory seems unwarranted in my opinion.

1 minute ago, cckerberos said:

Several people (myself included) have witnessed it happening just as predicted. Treating it as just a theory seems unwarranted in my opinion.

Then the fault is on me because I played this game before all you guys came jumping onto it because of the server shutdown announcement. I guess I need to read better before making posts.

Edited by Spaz