How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

20 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Don’t be confused. It works in all three phases of that encounter. Even in the first one. But when you go prone while „she“ sees you, she will start shooting the last known position and you die. Hide before going prone in all three phases, it will work.

Just be careful with the bombs on phase three... Hahaha

1 hour ago, Sulivan666 said:

Is a permadeath + grounded + looking for parts and supplies run with cheats doable? I only need the upgrades trophies for the platinum, but I wanna get the dlc trophies too... 

It is doable for weapon upgrades, can't confirm for skills tho since Grounded disables some by default. I'm nearly finishing mine with the tweaks activated while using a guide for the supplements and parts spots, already got the trophy for the weapons, lets see what happens with the skills.

Edited by evs_castro

7 hours ago, evs_castro said:

It is doable for weapon upgrades, can't confirm for skills tho since Grounded disables some by default. I'm nearly finishing mine with the tweaks activated while using a guide for the supplements and parts spots, already got the trophy for the weapons, lets see what happens with the skills.

So in grounded some skills cannot be upgraded?

1 hour ago, Sulivan666 said:

So in grounded some skills cannot be upgraded?

Yes. For example the Listen Mode upgrades, because that mode is not available on Grounded (without using accessibility options).

But if you upgrade those before going into the Grounded playthrough, you'll be fine.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Didn't read everything on here but the "MANUAL SAVE" isn't needed.

I went with permadeath and manual save is disabled.

Just quit and follow the steps and you can even use cheats with grounded+handicap stuff+cheats.

Funtimes

your right. just go on encounter, enable cheats then just continue.

One question. On permadeath do you need to get to the next chapter for it to save when turning off the ps4

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

One question. On permadeath do you need to get to the next chapter for it to save when turning off the ps4

No, you can safely exit the game any time that you aren’t in an Encounter. The game will also warn you if exiting would be viewed as a death, so for the most part you can exit any time.

You can always just put the PS4 to sleep when you’re done, that way you don’t have to exit the game at all.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Swotam said:

No, you can safely exit the game any time that you aren’t in an Encounter. The game will also warn you if exiting would be viewed as a death, so for the most part you can exit any time.

You can always just put the PS4 to sleep when you’re done, that way you don’t have to exit the game at all.

Thank you. Im three quarters the way through grounded then ill start permadeath. 

Reason i didnt do them both in the same playthrough was because i had already started it before i found this glitch and also i died about a million times on the bit where you fight the stalkers after you rescue scars with zero weapons. Would have been a pain in the ass on permadeath

• Like 1

I get the impression that the difficulty you set for the encounter goes along the modifiers in the Grounded+Permadeath save, i usually do it in very light, and when i occasionally get in a encounter during the game, the enemies take ages to actually see me, and their hits don't take a lot of damage (in fact, in the first encounter, i usually was 1 hit killed), so there's that too...

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I started grounded+permadeath. I played up to the day 2 with Ellie and I turned of the ps4. Today i loaded the game, started an encounter, enabled the cheats and quit to main menu. Suprprise: there wasn't the continue. The encounter overwritten the grounded savegame.

What did I do wrong?

On 27.10.2020 at 2:32 PM, OmarGiro95 said:

Yesterday I started grounded+permadeath. I played up to the day 2 with Ellie and I turned of the ps4. Today i loaded the game, started an encounter, enabled the cheats and quit to main menu. Suprprise: there wasn't the continue. The encounter overwritten the grounded savegame.

What did I do wrong?

12 minutes ago, INiko_Stimec said:

Same thing happened to me. I lost all of my progress. I was playing on permadeath. :/

Are you guys sure that it was safe to leave at the exact moment you did? The game tells you in the options menu and when leaving.

Some people already reported that they had no issues with this method in grounded + permadeath. Therefore I believe that it's not the method itself that causes the save game deletions.

I am playing on Grounded/Permadeath.

How do you manually save your game when you get to Seattle Day 1?

In the Options menu, Save Game is “locked due to Permadeath”

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: You do not need to manual save the game. The auto save is sufficient.

Edited by Mole17

I noticed the overwrite happening and may be wrong with the mechanic so take this with a 2lb bag of salt as its from memory, but the way the glitch works in my mind is that you get an PD/G autosave in part 1.  From there you should be able to load it over again and be in Permadeath/grounded. Its locked in.  Scum save if you really want to be safe.  Now you quit to main menu and load an encounter.  As soon as you can see Ellie crouching at the supermarket, go to options. Change to whatever modifiers.  Now click return to main menu. Glitch time.   Instead of taking you to the main menu, it should give you the option to choose an encounter again.  Press Back, and then you should have the option to continue with your permadeath/ grounded run (modifiers enabled now) in the menu.   If you click Return to Main menu again at any point other than the time after enabling modifiers, it will overwrite your permadeath/grounded run with the encounter.  You can obviously return to menu when you are finished with your session in a non combat situation to get the autosave.  I scum saved after each nightly session in case i effed this up again after checking the save was good.  Have to do this glitch each session.

Edited by maisie666

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-10-17 at 9:58 AM, Swotam said:

Just tried this out and it works properly with v1.07 digital version. I played through on Grounded+ with per-chapter permadeath enabled until I was past the Supermarket encounter (I exited the game after after the horse ride in the snowstorm to the shelter and was able to enable the modifiers as instructed by OP).

A couple of tips to get there:

• make sure Invisible While Prone is set to Unlimited in Accessibility - Combat Accessibility 
  • do the Supermarket encounter entirely prone since you can press :triangle: directly from the prone position which is about the only way to get a guaranteed kill on the 4 clickers
  • don't die otherwise you have to start back at the beginning of the horse riding section with Dina

Thanks very much to OP for discovering this. While I love TLOU and generally enjoyed TLOU2, I find the game too mentally and physically exhausting to go through it more than one more time (after 1.5 runs for the Platinum). Using the glitch will minimize the stress and repetition so that’s fine with me.

Edit: Some additional suggested modifiers for Grounded + Permadeath

• Bullet Speed Mode - gameplay slows to 25% when aiming
  • Infinite Melee Durability - just in case you have to hit enemies
  • Touch of Death - one shot melee kills

Edit 2: Parts that are still challenging even with modifiers enabled

• There are two sections later in the game with forced melee encounters. Make sure to dodge even with one hit melee kill enabled otherwise you won’t hit the enemy and they hit very hard.
  • Fight in theatre sucks but is shortly after the start of the chapter. Be very careful and do not attempt to attack from the front. Wait until enemy is crouched with their back to you and throw a bottle if possible. Learn from your mistakes.
  • Final fight sequence be sure to dodge then attack, don’t press your attack too much or you’ll get hit back hard. Step back, dodge, repeat.

I completed the playthrough and got both trophies. Total playtime was 10 hours 44 minutes with 1 hour and 58 minutes lost to deaths.

Thanks so much for typing out these tips! And thanks to OP for discovering this.

My only question is - does anyone know if it’s possible to combine the Grounded/Perma-Death trophies (using this method) with the 2nd playthrough purely for upgrades/crafting trophies? Or is it advised to do the 2nd playthrough, get the platinum, and then do this playthrough?

I am hoping the former works, because I completely agree with what you said about this game being exhausting. TLoU2 certainly has some awesome moments, but overall I think this game is FAR too long and suffers from some major pacing issues. It just drags on and on and on, especially with all the scavenging gameplay, and in the end it feels even longer than it actually is because the whole thing is such a miserable, joyless experience, and you spend far too much time playing as that shit stain Abby.

I’m very grateful for the discovery of this glitch so I can get the 100% while cutting down on my playtime dramatically. I would hug you if I could. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

My only question is - does anyone know if it’s possible to combine the Grounded/Perma-Death trophies (using this method) with the 2nd playthrough purely for upgrades/crafting trophies? Or is it advised to do the 2nd playthrough, get the platinum, and then do this playthrough?

There’s no reason why you can’t do it this way, however the concern would be that the items used to upgrade weapons and character are limited in Grounded mode, so you may not have enough. When I played for Platinum I had to replay a big chunk of the game before I got everything upgraded, and that was on Easy if I recall correctly. Doing a second playthrough on Grounded may not result in enough materials to upgrade, meaning you’d have to partially replay the game again to finish everything. No matter how you slice it, I think you’re looking at 2.5 playthroughs if you want 100%.