Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

12 hours ago, willmill97 said:

You can tell quite a few people here were too young for the early PS3 era of trophies where every game required you to grind online for 47,000 hours, perform 20 backlips in 2 seconds and recite the entirety of quantum physics in multiple languages.

These days you can get platinums by crossing a street for 20 seconds and tapping a fucking mayo jar...

Doesn’t even have to be that. If these people tried out the first inFamous today they would probably quit after a few hours. 

A good number of PSN games a decade ago were quite difficult. Bionic Commando Re-Armed, Shatter, even games like Braid were challenging. 

Now they can issue out 100 PSN games that take 10 - 30 minutes to platinum. 

11 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

You're another blinded person who falls into extremes. Such a perfect example you are! 

That's what I was discussing with other on this topic, and I stand by my opinion - extremes are bad. 

5 minutes platinums are just a shame for trophy hunting community, but on the other hand - extremely hard platinums (like those humouristic trophies you mentioned) are bad as well, because as others on this topic mentioned - there is no point in wasting life just for a digital trophy which makes you cry on the way to obtain it. 

Platinums should be balanced, not easy, but rewarding and satisfying. 

Dude, there are more than plenty of games today that are balanced. Shop around on the PS Store and on PS Now, you’ll find them. 

When Crash 4 turned out to be a hard platinum, you say it’s unfair and extreme? 

Good, because maybe you don’t have the will to get the platinum in this game. 

5 hours ago, Computer_Cat said:

Thanks! TfB relics aren't needed, just plat. Good luck to everyone else!

Hoping it won’t take me over 100 hours like Super Meat Boy. 

Should be fun, but sadly can’t afford to buy Crash 4 right now.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

A good number of PSN games a decade ago were quite difficult. Bionic Commando Re-Armed, Shatter, even games like Braid were challenging. 

Shatter was so cool. I really miss the PS3 days of trophy hunting sometimes - there was some insane stuff in that era.

• Like 1

Just now, KristophDJHero said:

Shatter was so cool. I really miss the PS3 days of trophy hunting sometimes - there was some insane stuff in that era.

There were some real gems, and it's sad to see that not even PS Now has a number of them available.

Played some of these games on the Xbox, but never managed to finish them.

28 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

I see platinum in 2 days how is possible H O W???? 

That was a QA Tester employed at Toys for Bob (the Crash 4 development studio).

What about rest of people? I have no clue, maybe unemployed guys recording videos for their YouTube channels? Just guessing. 

Edited by Bykovsky7

47 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Six people tracked on this website with the platinum trophy. Perfectly doable after all. Wish they didn't charge $59.99 for it.

It's absolutely worth full price if you enjoy platformers. The levels are plenty long and they include flipped versions of each level with crazy visual effects. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psycho_clank314 said:

It's absolutely worth full price if you enjoy platformers. The levels are plenty long and they include flipped versions of each level with crazy visual effects. 

THIS worth FULL PRICE better than others title out there... Lots of contents LOTS 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

That was a QA Tester employed at Toys for Bob (the Crash 4 development studio).

What about rest of people? I have no clue, maybe unemployed guys recording videos for their YouTube channels? Just guessing. 

One is a profile with just the Crash 4 platinum, another has barely any very hard plats beside this one... higly specialized players lol

42 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

For someone that has the plat. Do the N. Verted levels need to be done with the perfect relics as well? Or is it only required for the normal levels?

No, just one of the two. If you get it on the N. Verted level, you won't have to do it on the normal stage and vice versa. I don't have the Platinum yet but I tested this a few days ago on the first level (not to mention the N. Sanely Perfect Relics are listed as /38). 

• Like 1

I'm at about 71% at the moment but I definitely know I can reach the Platinum in time. There's just so much to do in the game; it really is excellent value for money haha. Still thinking it's a solid 9 or 10 difficulty-wise. Platinum Relics definitely the toughest part imo.

5 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

I'm at about 71% at the moment but I definitely know I can reach the Platinum in time. There's just so much to do in the game; it really is excellent value for money haha. Still thinking it's a solid 9 or 10 difficulty-wise. Platinum Relics definitely the toughest part imo.

Although, I think that N.Sane Perfect relics are "somehow" doable, that platinum time trial relics are out of my reach so far.

I've tried many times in first two levels, and I have always a gold relic... I can't grasp how to perform and sustain that bloody artificial slide and spin trick. I see that it's a must to reach platinum relic times.

5 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Although, I think that N.Sane Perfect relics are "somehow" doable, that platinum time trial relics are out of my reach so far.

I've tried many times in first two levels, and I have always a gold relic... I can't grasp how to perform and sustain that bloody artificial slide and spin trick. I see that it's a must to reach platinum relic times.

Triple Spin is great for getting through most sections quickly if you're timing it right but sliding and spinning with that exact right timing is faster. Very very hard to pull off consistently though, takes a lot of practice. Then on top of that you have to single-life the entire level...

Edited by KristophDJHero

58 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

Triple Spin is great for getting through most sections quickly if you're timing it right but sliding and spinning with that exact right timing is faster. Very very hard to pull off consistently though, takes a lot of practice. Then on top of that you have to single-life the entire level...

Yeah I know that. But the question is - how to learn and keep the triple spinning all the time?  

To me, both triple spin and slide&spin are "unnatural" features, they have not been in the past games and they make right hand being cramped.

3 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Yeah I know that. But the question is - how to learn and keep the triple spinning all the time?  

To me, both triple spin and slide&spin are "unnatural" features, they have not been in the past games and they make right hand being cramped.

To be honest I would still have preferred the Running Shoes, but I suppose this is what they wanted to go with this time. I've heard people talk about re-assigning spin and slide buttons; that might work for you. I've just worked out the timing for the spins over playing I guess.

Ok, I've finished game and there are definitely some cheap spikes in particular bonuses, like you have to struggle with tight hitboxes for all the time and the amount of boxes is dramatic. However, I'm not talking about Cortex Hustle or Toxic Gir... Wastes, on those you die the most, still it's because of the necessity of strategy. however I'm m talking about the last level for Dingo/Tawna. Cortex's one in Snaxx is also riddiculous, because you have to focus on multiple enemies and the lack of auto-aim is infuriating.

Also, Bayou and your Dingo variation, you can go f... 

I'm definitely going for every gem and tape, level design is magnificent and rewarding, apart from some obvious time-lengthening obstacles. There is a flaw because of which I'm giving up on my 8000th trophy as cb4 płat. Loadings... On base PS4 every reload takes 20 seconds and imagine going for NPR's/relics... I've done some of those, but waiting is excruciating. Will do that on ps5, SSD should solve it. Amazing game, every thing considered. Just don't rush it. As you see, people get it.

• Like 1

this game is hard but not impossible I'm close to done i have almost all of the n sanely perfect relics i think I'm at 34 or 35 now. And I'm at 15 platinum relics cortex castle is done thank christ.dont give up and keep trying you will get there. I should have this plat by mid or late next week

edit ment to say 25 platinum medals font know how I hit the one instead of the 2

Edited by rayjenjoeryry_jr

51 minutes ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

this game is hard but not impossible I'm close to done i have almost all of the n sanely perfect relics i think I'm at 34 or 35 now. And I'm at 15 platinum relics cortex castle is done thank christ.dont give up and keep trying you will get there. I should have this plat by mid or late next week

Good job!! Yeah agreed in that it's definitely not impossible but still pretty difficult even if you're a veteran - I'd say 9/10. I'm on 34/38 N. Sanely Perfects and 34 Platinum Relics - just some gem clean-up and four more levels and I'm pretty much done.

• Like 1