How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Has there ever been a situation when Sony reversed a decision or made additional trophy changes after an official statement like this? How likely is it that they will make changes to this system?

yes, the Platinum trophy image.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

So again, all profiles are Trophy Hunters, but not all of them are Enthusiasts/Hobbyists.

So I could of made an account back in 2008, earned the platinum in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, the first game to ever get a platinum trophy, and forever left that account. We'll just say I lost my account details and couldn't get it back.

I go on here and register that account on this website *after* I recovered the account details. But I have another account that I get trophies in. By this, that old profile from over a decade ago is still considered to be a trophy hunter account.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

The best fix for this is to put trophy rarity into play 

1 rare plat =1000p

1 common plat =100p

Same goes for bronze~gold

So you can lose lvls by time and if you want a higher lvl you need to play games with rarity instead of common spam.

Sony needs to implement something like thid

That sound better since I like ultra rares, but you have to consider Sony’s logic and it’s that almost every game is very rare or ultra rare lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Never saw the point in playing for the Leaderboard. It only shows that you wasted lots of money and time on absolute trash games.

Hey, I play for the leaderboard, but I play for a lot of others reasons too.

The way I look at it is, hell, if I play long enough and live long enough while patiently waiting for those higher than me on the leaderboard to retire or just get disgusted with the trophy system they decide to quit, I might just have a chance. And based on some of the comments on these threads, I might rank up sooner than later.

Come on, trophy hunting should be fun and rewarding. For those who disagree, leave or retire (evil maniacal laugh).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Sounds like something you've been forcing yourself to do and not something you've ever enjoyed.

Trophy hunting is just trying to achieve trophies. That part doesn't have to be expensive. Chasing leaderboards is expensive, but I don't equate that to trophy hunting.

This is correct 

3 minutes ago, Atoya said:

That sound better since I like ultra rares, but you have to consider Sony’s logic and it’s that almost every game is very rare or ultra rare lol

But pretty much every platinum is ultra rare when it comes to the completion rate on PSN, though. Look at The Last of Us for PS3: 0.5% completion percentage for PSN worldwide.

25 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

This is one of those "all rectangles are squares, but not all squares are rectangles" things.

A Trophy Hunter by definition is someone who hunts or collects trophies.

So by definition all PSN Profiles are that, as they collect trophies even against the wishes of the owner.

Now people who actively try to get as many trophies as possible would be more accurately and correctly labeled as Trophy Enthusiasts or Hobbyists as that is their sole goal.

So again, all profiles are Trophy Hunters, but not all of them are Enthusiasts/Hobbyists.

No.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Hey, I play for the leaderboard, but I play for a lot of others reasons too.

The way I look at it is, hell, if I play long enough and live long enough while patiently waiting for those higher than me on the leaderboard to retire or just get disgusted with the trophy system they decide to quit, I might just have a chance. And based on some of the comments on these threads, I might rank up sooner than later.

Come on, trophy hunting should be fun and rewarding. For those who disagree, leave or retire (evil maniacal laugh).

I understand it's fun, trust me getting trophies in some games I've done in the past was a lot of fun.

But Christ, Sony basically just slapped this system together without much logic. Couldn't they have just done this another way without inflating the point value of the platinum trophy? There are plenty of games available on PSN that are enjoyable, but some of them don't have a platinum trophy, this just gives people more of an excuse to skip them outright.

Platinums are nice, we all know this, but we all too easily forget that it's about the journey, not the destination. Have fun at a leisurely pace going for the platinum, or struggle until you finally overcome that challenge and feel proud of yourself. Gaming should be fun, trophy hunting should be about the journey you take before you finally reach that destination.

The new system just makes the destination a lot more important than the journey. People are already paying others to do trophies for them, which completely destroys the entire point of trophy hunting to me.

Too many people now care only for the destination, they will rather skip much of the journey if possible. This is evident in numerous threads on exploits, share playing with others to get trophies in games they don't have the skill to earn themselves, the endless petitions to make a trophy easier such as the Infallible trophy in Fall Guys, etc etc etc.

More of us should value the games we play and the enjoyment we get out of them, then simply caring solely for the platinum. They are nice as I just said already, but I think of them as bonuses.

I valued some non-platinum titles a lot more than a number of games I've finished with a platinum trophy. Not just because of the effort I had to put into them, but also because I happened to really like the games. Mega Man 10 is a good example.

But like with Mein Leben in Wolfenstein 2, if a list looks too hard then a lot of people will just skip doing the games at all. And that is simply wrong.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

So I got the e-mail from Sony and saw the pictures, but I don't get it. There are like 3 different gold, silvers and bronzes now? One is for PS5 and the other?

I personally don't think it needed to change, seems like a stupid and unnecessary idea to me.

Still.

I feel sorry for all the people who go crazy buying and playing a whole ton of easy games to increase their level quickly. Their world is probably a bit ruined right now.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

So I got the e-mail from Sony and saw the pictures, but I don't get it. There are like 3 different gold, silvers and bronzes now? One is for PS5 and the other?

I personally don't think it needed to change, seems like a stupid and unnecessary idea to me.

Still.

I feel sorry for all the people who go crazy buying and playing a whole ton of easy games to increase their level quickly. Their world is probably a bit ruined right now.

Makes it more pointless for people like me though. Just screams participation award.

40 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

A Trophy Hunter by definition is someone who hunts or collects trophies.

That is your definition. Google trophy hunter its someone who hunts big animals and displays their heads on walls.

I have no idea why people think trophy hunting is widely used outside of forums like these. No I am not a trophy hunter if I get bored I play something else. I have hundreds of unfinished easy plats.

3 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I have no idea why people think trophy hunting is widely used outside of forums like these. No I am not a trophy hunter if I get bored I play something else. I have hundreds of unfinished easy plats.

You're a casual who just plays a lot of games. I'm that way on Steam.

52 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

The best fix for this is to put trophy rarity into play 

1 rare plat =1000p

1 common plat =100p

Same goes for bronze~gold

So you can lose lvls by time and if you want a higher lvl you need to play games with rarity instead of common spam.

Sony needs to implement something like thid

This is a supplementary thing. They just wanted to increase the cap to accommodate people. Even a system like that people will get mad due to the artificial rarity of ps plus game or ones on ps now. Watch dogs 2 was boring I just gave up even though an easy plat and now I don't have it any more. So many boring games would just get rare. That would give guys like the TC all kinds of new levels of anguish. Like some weird trophy S and M.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're a casual who just plays a lot of games. I'm that way on Steam.

I take that as a compliment. Finally I don't have to be associated with the crazies. Putting this in my Sig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Okay so I lost a lot of levels from this update. That means getting the platinum badge will cost even more money and it’s absolutely ridiculous.. I was almost 85 now bumped down all the way to 734.

I don’t like this update at all personally because there are even more reasons to play 1-hour platinums now if you want to reach that cap.

It’s just not worth it. Only a couple hundred people in the whole world will get that platinum badge and for what. It’s just suffering.

Edit: Ok so level 130 old level = 900 new level. The guy has 800 platinums. So it’s safe to say that platinum rank level 999 need at least 1100-1200 platinums to reach.

Dude Sony didn’t take anything from you, they simply are weighting things different. “I have to spend more money which is ridiculous” might be the most entitled thing I’ve ever read on this site. It’s an achievement system in place to track your progress in games, that’s it. Enjoy working towards a new goal post, holy cow. You still have the same prestige you did before, and now have an opportunity to earn more. You didn’t “lose” anything. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

This is a supplementary thing. They just wanted to increase the cap to accommodate people. Even a system like that people will get mad due to the artificial rarity of ps plus game or ones on ps now. Watch dogs 2 was boring I just gave up even though an easy plat and now I don't have it any more. So many boring games would just get rare. That would give guys like the TC all kinds of new levels of anguish. Like some weird trophy S and M.

The rarities on PSN don't mean shit because so much of everything is literally Very Rare to Ultra Rare. That's taking into account everybody tracked on PSN who played said game, including hackers and cheaters not listed here on PSNProfiles. A good majority of PSN accounts don't have an account here whatsoever.

PSNProfiles, as skewed as the trophy rarities are, represent a more accurate reading on what games are hard and what games aren't. The whole rarity doesn't equal difficulty argument doesn't apply to everything sure, but Nioh 2 has insanely high trophy percentages here. Yet you wouldn't know that just glancing at the list on PSN. For Super Meat Boy most of everything has a 0.1 percent rarity on PSN because obviously, most people gave up even trying to beat the game. There are many games on PSN that have low rarities for seemingly no reason, so those statistics on there are utterly pointless.

Watch Dogs 2 has basically a whole bunch of rare trophies on PSN, even moreso if you look at the DLC for it. Here on PSNProfiles it's above a 20 percent rarity for the platinum, and many will agree that it's fairly easy. But on PSN, you wouldn't know that, because most people don't trophy hunt at all.

Edited by Spaz

I'm the only one who doesn't care tbh?  I never called myself a Trophy Hunter I just play games or platinum games which I enjoy. 

The funny thing is, people screamed literally every day when peoplea level cap were 100. Now they increase it and people are still whining? I mean nothing has changed. Because someone is now over 100 you are still over them (if you care about the level cap) i can't see any difference here. 

For me personally nothing will change and I still enjoy games or plat games which I like. 

People talking about wasting time or money or whatever but NOBODY forces you to play shitty ratailaka games or wasting your time on games which you personally not enjoy because you want to reach max level.

For me personally I like the new system. And the new tracking system is a great new feature 

Stuff which I wanted to see (back):

- Seeing games in alphabetical order again

- changing the trophy lists were you can't stack 20 times the same game (which will never happen, but I never understood why you can stack the same game over and over again) but f it at the end idc tbh about that. Like I said the only feature which I wanted to see is putting games in alphabetically order again.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

When I first saw this, I thought it was a visual bug. It's absolutely awful. Why would they inflate the numbers? It's such an eye sore. I bet there'll be a point in the future where they will remove levels altogether and just keep the ranks: Bronze (I,II,III) Silver (I,II,III) Gold (I,II,III) and Platinum.

Edited by Ember-Man
  • Like 1

Enjoy the process. If you love trophy hunting, this means you will have a lot of time to enjoy your journey to reach 999. But if you see this as a burden, why would you do it in the first place? Hobby should be a fun thing to do, not to stress about it. Having a destination is great, if you love what you do, you will find the journey is a pleasant thing. 

Gaming has always been my hobby for 20 years since I was a little girl. I call myself now a "trophy hunter" cause it is what's called now if you care about trophies or getting plats. I started caring about trophies this year (THIS YEAR!) and be number 1 or have 100 platinum has never crossed my mind. I divide my journey in little victories, in my case, when you go to trophies and can filter, I put platinums and some more filters, and  go page by page trying to complete them, currently on page nº2. That's, little victories.

But I think that playing to reach 1st place having 100-250s plats is stupid and stressful. They say that if you have a goal, it has to be attainable and real.

Idk man, you can try out things and if one doesn't make you happy, do other. Getting trophies is not your job, is Hakoom's for example, he can eat thanks to this and other related things.

but OUR job? c'mon, we do this bc we have fun doing it, or bc we like the feel of completition, but we have to have common sense.

if you keep complaining it's bc you don't really enjoy this, take some time.

you're doing this for yourself or for the others? 

Puppeter04.png

Edited by Puppeter04
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Yeah it’s pretty pointless. Trophy hunting is pointless and we all know that.

Its really really not. You could say the same about everything in life. You are born, then eventually you die. Then everything inbetween becomes pointless if you have your thinking. Like most of the enjoyable things in life, trophy hunting is a hobby. If your enjoying it, it defo isnt pointless.

With all the stress in life especially this year, imo one of the best feelings is getting that plat to pop. Videogames are a brilliant way to take your mind off reality for a few hours a least and if it gets you some kind of reward at the end even if its just a virtual one. Its all good in my book

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

The funny thing is, people screamed literally every day when peoplea level cap were 100. Now they increase it and people are still whining? I mean nothing has changed. Because someone is now over 100 you are still over them (if you care about the level cap) i can't see any difference here. 

It's a little better concerning the cap, but there is still a cap in this new system and a lot of people from the top of the leaderboards will reach it now without doing anything. They could have simply increased the max level to 999 instead of changing the points needed as well.

This change is like saying: "I will pay you in cents instead of dollars from now on. You will not have more money, but at least the number will be higher.".

My idea would have been: gueesstimate the number of games for PS5 and PS6 and how many trophy points that would be. Add the total number of trophy points for past consoles with trophy support. Maybe split by region and average those numbers out. There, that's your level 999. It would have been arbitrary, but it would be closer to something that would make some sense.

Also, there should have been a level 1000 of course. Why the hell stop at 999....?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

The rarities on PSN don't mean shit because so much of everything is literally Very Rare to Ultra Rare. That's taking into account everybody tracked on PSN who played said game, including hackers and cheaters not listed here on PSNProfiles. A good majority of PSN accounts don't have an account here whatsoever.

It works both ways actually. On here, stats are not included unless you have AT LEAST one trophy, which makes hard games easier to find higher stats sometimes

For example on Bloodborne, you have a very high entry just to get your first trophy, like you have to kill at least one boss to even get online coop working. It's a huge hurdle to entry, which means many thousands of people who couldn't don't get included. That's why BloodBorne platinum is so high percent. If you've had the skills of determination to kill the first boss then you're likely good enough to complete the whole game. At the very least you can unlock coop after the 1st boss.

And then there's those DLC that have 1 trophy. So of course that DLC is ALWAYS 100%, even though many people could have bought the DLC but just failed to get the DLC trophy.

The psnprofiles are not accurate either, but just in a different way.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Okay so I lost a lot of levels from this update. That means getting the platinum badge will cost even more money and it’s absolutely ridiculous.. I was almost 85 now bumped down all the way to 734.

I don’t like this update at all personally because there are even more reasons to play 1-hour platinums now if you want to reach that cap.

Wait what? you don't have to spend money for a "level", you are supposed to play and enjoy your games.

And after that, there's "that number" people should care less.

5 hours ago, mvpeast said:

It’s just not worth it. Only a couple hundred people in the whole world will get that platinum badge and for what. It’s just suffering.

Dude if it's just suffering just don't go for it, is not that hard!!!!

I'm quite completionist myself, and I've played some awful games but even My name is Mayo gave me some fun, as stupid as that game is. I played way worse trash back when I was a teen, with a 8-bit computer. There was a game company, US Gold (ironically they were british), that half the games they did/ported were the absolute worst. And even so, I'm not going to play Ratalaika games if I see they are trashy and made mainly for trophy hunters as a cash grab.

• Like 1