PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

Ghost

1 hour ago, danceswithsloths said:

I can't believe people were unaware they could be recorded in parties before...

I have shitloads of videos saved to my PS4 where you can hear me and my friends conversing. This is definitely nothing new.

If it makes you uncomfortable, turn 'Allow your voice to be shared' off in your party settings, which is also not new.

That won't stop Sony from recording your voice. 

Anyone else having general issues with their PSN connection after the update?

Like friends list doesn't load (or it does in certain places like "Now Playing" and errors in the list itself).  Lots of errors in general saying it couldn't load or issues connecting to PSN, even though it seems to be ok otherwise.  Concerned it may interfere with potential gaming plans this evening.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Anyone else having general issues with their PSN connection after the update?

Like friends list doesn't load (or it does in certain places like "Now Playing" and errors in the list itself).  Lots of errors in general saying it couldn't load or issues connecting to PSN, even though it seems to be ok otherwise.  Concerned it may interfere with potential gaming plans this evening.

When this happens to me, usually restart or unplug and replug. That’s typically enough to fix it.

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

When this happens to me, usually restart or unplug and replug. That’s typically enough to fix it.

Well, restarting the PS4 didn't do the trick.  Do you mean unplug and replug the console, or the internets?  Because the internet seems ok on my other devices.

fuck playstation now i have to watch my ever word in party chat in case some snowflake  who wasn't invited get offended in my personal party with my personal friends.  bullshit.  oh in the fact their stupid ass fucking updated wrecked my system fuck them I'm getting an xbox.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

fuck playstation now i have to watch my ever word in party chat in case some snowflake  who wasn't invited get offended in my personal party with my personal friends.  bullshit.  oh in the fact their stupid ass fucking updated wrecked my system fuck them I'm getting an xbox.

First of all, this has been in place for at least a year or two (more likely since party chat was implemented).  They're just being more upfront about it now.  If you were going to get in trouble with the snowflakes, it probably would've happened by now.

Second, I dunno Microsoft's ToS but I'm guessing they do the exact same stuff.  Probably even moreso and going back longer, since they actually have their shit together compared to Sony.

28 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

That won't stop Sony from recording your voice. 

Sony is not recording your parties. The message that started this whole uproar specifically states that your parties might be recorded by other users, and then sent to Sony as part of a report. If you change your 'share my voice' setting, then other users cannot do this. I very, very, very seriously doubt Sony has the ability to review these parties if they are not sent to them by a user.

4 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Since people seem to not be able to read: it is NOT sony recording you, the people you are in a party with have the option to record it...

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Well, restarting the PS4 didn't do the trick.  Do you mean unplug and replug the console, or the internets?  Because the internet seems ok on my other devices.

Yea, I tried and it didn’t work either. Hopefully it’s fixed later. Wish I had checked before installing.

3 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

The new code of conduct states that it 'might' be sent and monitored. This will possibly be the case if you get reported by someone random, that party snippet is then sent to Sony moderation to look over. 

This new CoC change doesn't mean any and all conversations will be sent to them. Only if you get reported for misconduct. This isn't as bad as most of you are making it out to be. 

yeah except you never know who may join that may be easily offended without you knowing.  Usually i see everyone come in and out of a party but you will have to keep on your toes for sure.  My party is an invitation into my home the way I see it and if I want to say fuck 50 times I do and to this point it hasn't been a problem but now it could be.  Sony of they so choose can close out your account and there goes 250 digital games and 5 years of trophies all because some little shit reported you for language.  It's bullshit and not really needed.  If somebody feels bullied or unsafe they can not join your  parties.  Sony doesn't need to monitor this.  also we all have had a friend or two on ps who might just be a little drama bitch and may report you out of the blue because they can, trust me this will cause people problems.

Edited by steel6burgh

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yea, I tried and it didn’t work either. Hopefully it’s fixed later. Wish I had checked before installing.

I feel like this sort of thing happens when there's a new ToS or warning pop up somewhere to agree to first to start accessing everything again... and it only pops up in certain situations and you need to find it.

13 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

also we all have had a friend or two on ps who might just be a little drama bitch and may report you out of the blue because they can

I certainly don't have a friend like this. If you have a friend who does this, it sounds like you shouldn't be friends with them any longer.

Change your parties to 'Invite-only', so that random people can't join, and change your 'share my voice' setting to 'off' and then you don't have to worry about any of this happening to you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yeah except you never know who may join that may be easily offended without you knowing.  Usually i see everyone come in and out of a party but you will have to keep on your toes for sure.  My party is an invitation into my home the way I see it and if I want to say fuck 50 times I do and to this point it hasn't been a problem but now it could be.  Sony of they so choose can close out your account and there goes 250 digital games and 5 years of trophies all because some little shit reported you for language.  It's bullshit and not really needed.  If somebody feels bullied or unsafe they can not join your  parties.  Sony doesn't need to monitor this.  also we all have had a friend or two on ps who might just be a little drama bitch and may report you out of the blue because they can, trust me this will cause people problems.

Think about the climate we're in today. If a company blindly ignores "unsavory" language, they're at risk of having entire social/media campaigns against them. PR and maintaining a brand is a heck of a thing and the loudest people always get the attention. 

Simply the way things work today. I'm old enough to have lived though the 80s, watching this same fragility shift happen with games/music and then eventually shift back to reason. Hopefully by the time you've started getting some grey hairs, things will switch back again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

I just checked. No Spider-Man avatars.

There is new ones:

Jax and Daxter

Gravity Rush

Infamous Second Son

Ape Escape

Shadow of Colossus

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank

Patapon

Knack

Bloodborne

Journey

Ghost of Tsushima

Uncharted 4

God of War

The Last of Us Part 2

The Last Guardian

Character avatars wearing helmets, hats, headphones, glasses, mask

Yeah I've seen it's  a shame really, never quite understood why we've not got any apart from the one with the special edition and the plat icon one, unless it's something to do with the licensing and it's not part of the deal sony has with Marvel.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

There is new ones:

Jax and Daxter

Gravity Rush

Infamous Second Son

Ape Escape

Shadow of Colossus

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank

Patapon

Knack

Bloodborne

Journey

Ghost of Tsushima

Uncharted 4

God of War

The Last of Us Part 2

The Last Guardian

Love the Jak & Daxter Ones.

One of my All-Time Favorite GAME Series of the Playstation.

20 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

I certainly don't have a friend like this. If you have a friend who does this, it sounds like you shouldn't be friends with them any longer.

Change your parties to 'Invite-only', so that random people can't join, and change your 'share my voice' setting to 'off' and then you don't have to worry about any of this happening to you.

I understand what you're saying but it shouldn't be that way.  I shouldn't have to keep my party private.  It should be up to people to decide if they feel safe in a party or not.  If they do not the option should be to not join the party you feel unsafe in.  Sony shouldn't be interfering or monitoring this.  Also the share my voice is for broadcasts I believe so they can still record your voice for the purpose of reporting and party safety to my understanding.  People who think this is ok baffle me.  The world is too safe everyone is so delicate these days.  there is a reason sony is doing this because some people are complaining that they feel unsafe evidently.  Sony didn't just decide to do this for no reason.   Well if you feel unsafe don't join parties.   Why should i have to make my party all safe and G rated for somebody else.   Maybe we should have a part rating system..  When we create a party we could rated it  PG 13 through X and let people decide if its safe or not.  this is all such bullshit.  

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

There is new ones:

Jax and Daxter

Gravity Rush

Infamous Second Son

Ape Escape

Shadow of Colossus

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank

Patapon

Knack

Bloodborne

Journey

Ghost of Tsushima

Uncharted 4

God of War

The Last of Us Part 2

The Last Guardian

Knack was all we truly needed

Also the share my voice is for broadcasts I believe so they can still record your voice for the purpose of reporting and party safety to my understanding.

This is not true. If you turn 'Allow my voice to be shared' to 'Off', then people you are in a party with will not be able to record your voice at all. I have tested it before, with a friend.

there is a reason sony is doing this because some people are complaining that they feel unsafe evidently.

Sony literally isn't "doing" anything. Nothing has changed here. Other users have always been able to record you in a party, and report you for breaking the TOS, using that recording as evidence. Sony is only now informing you that this can happen, but it could have happened before, at any time.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Holy overreaction.

I don’t think this amounts to much of anything but if it cuts down on all the toxicity, racism, and homophobia, then good.  But in practice, I doubt anything changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Holy overreaction.

I don’t think this amounts to much of anything but if it cuts down on all the toxicity, racism, and homophobia, then good.  But in practice, I doubt anything changes.

oh wow do you think playstation's parties are full of racism and homophobia?  Holy shit man.  Well good thing for party recording and playstation party safety then.  Damn. LMAO 

4 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Seems like people are having some problems with this update. Can you still sync trophies and go on the store and stuff without updating? I'm thinking of waiting it out for now.

It made me update didn't have a choice and yes everything is screwed up.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comments

49 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

Stop spreading false info. 

https://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5090404/sony-may-monitor-and-record-psn-voice-and-text-communications

They can and probably have been since 2013. 

Changing your "share my voice" settings won't change anything. It'll just stop your voice from being recorded in other peoples recordings. 

• Like 1