Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You people need to stop spreading misinformation and learn how to click on the “previous” button for this forum topic because it has already been confirmed multiple times that the DLC trophies can be obtained offline (multiple people have tested this already over the last few weeks). This may not be the case for Xbox, but the PS4 versions are in the clear.  

The only trophy that is going to be unobtainable is ‘Repaid in Blood’. So chill with the repetitive questions and learn how to simply read previous comments instead of bloating the forums and spreading false bs. And everyone should take what WB support says with a grain of salt bc we all know what happened with Mad Max...they don’t know wtf they’re talking about. 

It's alright, only a day left and we'll see people earn the DLC Trophy after others have confirmed that the servers are down.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LIoyd__Knight said:

Posted on external sites:

WB Games support clarified to TA community member NessNoldo saying that both the Lord of the Ring achievement and the Hunt is my Mistress achievement require the game's online leaderboards to unlock and would be discontinued after the server shutdown.

Vendetta missions are being discontinued:
Repaid in Blood - Complete a Vendetta Mission.

You need to qualify for the elite leaderboards for these:
Lord of the Ring - Complete all objectives in the Test of The Ring.
The Hunt is my Mistress - Complete all objectives in the Test of the Wild.

All 3 achievements will break on December 31st! This was confirmed by the devs on Nov. 30th.

I'm speechless.

What's the source of this information? Did they tell the hour they're gonna close the servers?

OK, nevermind. It seems there appeared other comments after I've refreshed the page.

Edited by The-Smiths-85

3 minutes ago, NeelBehl said:

anyone know after what mission the vendetta missions start comin up? doing main story missions, ratbag became captain know im doing some mission with the weird create from lord of the rings that calls the ring precious

So I just did a few tests on some alt accounts to see how soon you can get a Vendetta mission and I had one pop up literally right after I completed The Spirit of Mordor mission, which is possibly the soonest you can have the mission appear. That’s approximately 10-15 minutes of gameplay from the very beginning before it appeared in my game for the first time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

This is secretly a Battle Royale game and all the enemies in the game are controlled by other players. Once the servers shut down the game will cease to function.

Seriously though, it's just the Vendetta trophy.

I wasn't asking about the DLC trophies etc. Thought that there might be a trophy which you could obtain offline/later on but had to do something as a contribution to these BEFORE the servers close down.

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

So I just did a few tests on some alt accounts to see how soon you can get a Vendetta mission and I had one pop up literally right after I completed The Spirit of Mordor mission, which is possibly the soonest you can have the mission appear. That’s approximately 10-15 minutes of gameplay from the very beginning before it appeared in my game for the first time. 

where do u see the vendetta missions tho? on the main map? im sure i did that mission i just see survival missions and the other ones 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeelBehl said:

where do u see the vendetta missions tho? on the main map? im sure i did that mission i just see survival missions and the other ones 

The game will inform you that "Vendetta missions are available". They will appear on the map - check the legend of the icons to know what's the look of their crest/flag, under the red ones. If you scroll on the missions with your analog on the map it should say "Vendetta". Just spend some more time in the game. Do a couple more main quests, forge some of the towers and it should finally be available. Also: do you have someone from your psn friends list that has played this game? That could help.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional info.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NeelBehl said:

Yes, a pop up will appear on your screen indicating one has been unlocked. If you missed the pop up or are unsure if you have one available you can look on your map for a red “V” badge, they look very similar to Showdown and Power Struggle badges on the map.

Edit: I can double confirm that they are available right after completing The Spirit of Mordor, I just got one to pop up during my second test. For this one I did have to wait a couple of minutes unlike my first test, but this seems like a good method to get them to appear. I did nothing else besides that mission then wait around. 

I can also confirm that you do NOT need to have friends that play this game, or friends at all for that matter, as I do not have any on these accounts where I am testing. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yes, a pop up will appear on your screen indicated one has been unlocked. If you missed the pop up or are unsure if you have one available you can look on your map for a red “V” badge, they look very similar to Showdown and Power Struggle badges on the map.

i just see the main missions and survival and hunting challenges are u signed on ur ps4 right now? can i add u as a friend and talk on there? maybe u can help me i also killed 2 captains 

2 minutes ago, NeelBehl said:

i just see the main missions and survival and hunting challenges are u signed on ur ps4 right now? can i add u as a friend and talk on there? maybe u can help me i also killed 2 captains 

Read my post above, you don’t need friends for the missions to pop so do not worry. If you’re really worried about it coming down to the wire I highly recommend starting a new game and:

1.  Complete intro until you’re in Mordor. 

2. Immediately travel to The Spirit of Mordor mission and complete the mission. 
3. Wait around until a Vendetta mission pops up. I did not advance time, unlock all forge towers, etc. 

On one test I did start a Confrontation mission and then selected “leave mission”...right after doing so a Vendetta mission appeared, so that might trigger it as well, among other missions. 

35 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Read my post above, you don’t need friends for the missions to pop so do not worry. If you’re really worried about it coming down to the wire I highly recommend starting a new game and:

1.  Complete intro until you’re in Mordor. 

2. Immediately travel to The Spirit of Mordor mission and complete the mission. 
3. Wait around until a Vendetta mission pops up. I did not advance time, unlock all forge towers, etc. 

On one test I did start a Confrontation mission and then selected “leave mission”...right after doing so a Vendetta mission appeared, so that might trigger it as well, among other missions. 

All good got the vendetta trophy after 1 or 2 attempts and upgrading my character! Just got the dlc trophies to worry about even tho i keep reading u can do it offline and its unaffected just happy can still plat it! :) thx for ur advice and yes it showed up and even let me kno and is easy to find on the map, gets annoying fighting multiple guys but guess thats what the game is made around 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edward_Kudo said:

Hi I was wondering if the two trophies "Lord of the Ring" and the "Hunt is my Mistress" from the DLC of both the original and game of the year edition will become unobtainable after the servers close??

There is only 1 online trophy in the entire game and that's "Repaid in Blood" - there are 0 online trophies in the DLCs.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

14 hours ago, LIoyd__Knight said:

Posted on external sites:

WB Games support clarified to TA community member NessNoldo saying that both the Lord of the Ring achievement and the Hunt is my Mistress achievement require the game's online leaderboards to unlock and would be discontinued after the server shutdown.

Vendetta missions are being discontinued:
Repaid in Blood - Complete a Vendetta Mission.

You need to qualify for the elite leaderboards for these:
Lord of the Ring - Complete all objectives in the Test of The Ring.
The Hunt is my Mistress - Complete all objectives in the Test of the Wild.

All 3 achievements will break on December 31st! This was confirmed by the devs on Nov. 30th.

I'm speechless.

The text is about achievements => so XBOX! For some weird reason on XBOX the DLC trophies require the leaderboards and online.

On PS4 multiple people including myself tested if the DLC trophies are obtainable offline and they are! The trophy will pop just before you get a notification that it can't upload your score.

So on PlayStation you only have to stress about the Vendetta trophy! :)

Also: After all the misinformation that was spread by WB Games support about Mad Max that the server shutdown wouldn't affect the platinum while it did... I wouldn't trust them any longer! WB Support doesn't know much about those things unfortunately.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

I was finally able to obtain the trophy today at 16h40 (EST).

I have an old save from when the game came out and I finished the game + one DLC and I NEVER had any Vendetta mission naturally. So, remembering that today was the annonced server shutdown, I tried my luck to get it.

I tried for two hours to fast travel, advance time an run around the map and nothing came up.

I tried to create an alt account and got to the point where I could die by random orcs and let them become captains. I did this 5 times. Returning to my old account and fast traveling/advancing time and still nothing for another 2 hours.

Finally, with my right profile, I started a new game. I rushed through until Ratbag is a captain and then walking to the next mission I got a Vendetta mission from a random. Ping! That's it. Now I have the trophy!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, LeavingGoodbye said:

I was finally able to obtain the trophy today at 16h40 (EST).

I have an old save from when the game came out and I finished the game + one DLC and I NEVER had any Vendetta mission naturally. So, remembering that today was the annonced server shutdown, I tried my luck to get it.

I tried for two hours to fast travel, advance time an run around the map and nothing came up.

I tried to create an alt account and got to the point where I could die by random orcs and let them become captains. I did this 5 times. Returning to my old account and fast traveling/advancing time and still nothing for another 2 hours.

Finally, with my right profile, I started a new game. I rushed through until Ratbag is a captain and then walking to the next mission I got a Vendetta mission from a random. Ping! That's it. Now I have the trophy!

That story read like a roller coaster! Congratulations on making it in time! :) 

Something else to try if advancing time or doing another story mission or power struggle after completing Spirit of Mordor mission doesn't work.

Quit, exit the application, restart the game, then continue and see if one spawns. Since you didn't have access to power struggles when your game booted up it might not think it has a need to connect to the server.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1