Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

That puts my mind at ease a bit then. Guess I’ll just have to keep playing and wait. 

I'm not sure if you need a large number of friends on your friends list or not, but i've done it on both stacks within an hour or so with no issues.

17 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Can someone please confirm whether or not you actually need to have your WBPlay account verified to have a Vendetta mission spawn in? I’m about 75% of the way through the main missions and have not had a single one pop up. I’ve discovered both maps fully and have advanced time quite a bit, and I’ve also connected/disconnected/closed the app as well. My WBPlay account is stuck on the main menu saying I need to verify when I already have twice. Idk what to do. 

Throughout my entire time playing the game, if I hovered over WBPlay then it would tell me to verify my account although I had done that in the past. The best way to get a Vendetta mission is to do one of the other red missions on the map, these are dynamic missions such as Beast Hunts, Recruitment missions and so on, my first Vendetta popped up immediately after doing one of those.

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I'm not sure if you need a large number of friends on your friends list or not, but i've done it on both stacks within an hour or so with no issues.

I had at least 14 Vendetta's while working on the platinum and around 5 of those came from people who aren't on my friends list.

Edited by Sergen

35 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I didn't do anything with WBPlay accounts and ive had Vendetta missions spawn fine for me.

Same here.

EDIT: Didn't see that there had already been several replies when I checked the thread, so sorry this is kind of redundant.

Edited by RNumbers

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

Gonna go with it potentially working differently on Xbox... Otherwise maybe if the servers are down but you are signed into PSN while doing the trophy it will not register it, so you'd have to instead be signed out of PSN completely to make it work. As I said one of my friends found that TrueAchievements post while I was working on the DLC trophies and because they were already very close to the "Lord of the Ring" trophy, they decided to back up their save right before the end and finish off the trophy without being signed into PSN and then after that was done the trophy did unlock. I'm sure that some other people are close to the trophy and will eventually be able to test it while being signed out of PSN to confirm it even further because you can simply back up your save file when you only need to kill 1 more enemy and unlock the trophy like that.

I'm gonna mention that you shouldn't trust support staff from Warner Bros games because they said that Mad Max's online features going down wouldn't affect trophies but now that the servers are down you can't use a scrap crew for those challenges and that makes the platinum unobtainable. They've gotten it wrong both ways now, thinking that Shadow of Mordor will become unobtainable due to leaderboards and also thinking that Mad Max was going to stay obtainable. These people are paid to copy and paste things from a script rather than genuinely give a shit about your issues but who can blame them when they're being paid minimum wage in a job where they'll be fired in a few months to make room for someone else who will be paid minimum wage instead of them?

Yeah, I don't trust them 100%, but about Mad Max they told me that, in fact, "Up to the Task" achievement/trophy would be lost. But with this kind of things if you wanna be sure, you must ask them for yourself and do research, that's what I did on my side. Even so, I know they are just employees and, also, they have told me that developers and other staff don't share with them that information "in detail". I guess some employees know more than others. 

Who you have to believe is in players. That's what I did with Mad Max to complete it before closure and that's what I'm doing here with Shadow of Mordor and I encourage everyone to do the same to be sure. Better complete that trophies now or never, as some others players here have adviced. Maybe in PS that trophies work different and can be doable after closure, but imagine not unlock them now and later you find the lovely surprise that you can't platinate the game anymore due a devilish twist of destiny. I will do it in Xbox One just to be sure, that's where I am playing this. 

Edited by Ness-Noldo

i'm going to do the ps3 version again. once i get vendetta on ps3. ps4 get vendetta then i can clear the ps3 no problem.

not looking forward to doing those tests so soon (finished those this month) i think.

Edited by kingdrake2

42 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

i'm going to do the ps3 version again. once i get vendetta on ps3. ps4 get vendetta then i can clear the ps3 no problem.

not looking forward to doing those tests so soon (finished those this month) i think.

I don't think Vendetta is on the PS3 version.

On 29/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, Sergen said:

To those of you who are shitting yourselves about the DLC challenge trophies becoming unobtainable, don't... One of my friends intentionally signed out of PSN before completing Test of the Ring just to test if the trophy would unlock at the end without submitting a score to the leaderboards and it did, this was shortly before I endured those challenges myself. After earning both of those challenge trophies myself I can confirm that the trophies do unlock instantly and before anything related to the leaderboards appear on your screen. The only online trophy on the entire game is "Repaid in Blood" for getting a Vendetta and it can be done within 2 hours of starting the game up if you rush for it. However because there is 1 month left that is more than enough time to 100% the entire game, it took me 33 hours to 100% the game and I was in no rush and did watch every cutscene so for anyone who is worried about the game but aware of it, you can certainly 100% it long before the servers shut and have the peace of mind that you didn't randomly miss something.

On 30/11/2020 at 0:26 PM, Ness-Noldo said:

I believe that's different. I have posted that some player in Xbox did one of that achievements having "connection issues" and cheevo no popping, but I was no clear enough because he made the achievement while THE SERVERS were DOWN, instead of having mere "connections issues" (or playing "offline") . I mean, it said in-game that he completed all task for that but no achievement popped UNTIL SERVERS were FIXED. So, if we assume that the servers will be permanently down after the end of this year: then, these achievements/trophies will be IMPOSSIBLE to unlock. 

Maybe this works different for PS consoles? I don't know, but if I were you, I rather would complete that two leaderboards shits trophies before the closure.

@Ness-Noldo Your post certainly put the whole website of TrueAchievements upside down, and I'm now motivated to this before the closure, but as Sergen says, PSN works pretty much differently as Xbox Gamertag system. In all honesty, may be this kind of differences are more noticeable in other games which several features lack in the platforms as I've seen huge gaps between them in terms of gameplay/rewards approach. 

However, and researching extensively and wanting to get rid of this ASAP, a player who just already started the game can jump directly to "The Hunt is my Mistress" and "Lord of the Ring"? Just to avoid losing time in any derailing form the secondary stuff presented by the game. Thank you @Sergen, your words give us hope but in all truth being sure about this topic can be sensitive by many. As the requirements for the trophies (speaking exclusively on PSN) you don't need to explicitly being in the leaderboards in order to obtain them, just the requirements for each one, so then why is a "hidden" feat one must concrete in the version as Ness comments? Also, you only mention that your friend only signed out from PSN, but that doesn't necessarily follow from being completely offline, which is the discussion here. You can be signed out but still have Internet connection, then I can't see if the trophies are 100% offline attainable. Pretty interesting, but I guess anyone concerned about this should be good informed to tackle this before December 31st to be sure. 

Edited by Xenoblast91

10 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

@Ness-Noldo Your post certainly put the whole website of TrueAchievements upside down, and I'm now motivated to this before the closure, but as Sergen says, PSN works pretty much differently as Xbox Gamertag system. In all honesty, may be this kind of differences are more noticeable in other games which several features lack in the platforms as I've seen huge gaps between them in terms of gameplay/rewards approach. 

However, and researching extensively and wanting to get rid of this ASAP, a player who just already started the game can jump directly to "The Hunt is my Mistress" and "Lord of the Ring"? Just to avoid losing time in any derailing form the secondary stuff presented by the game. Thank you @Sergen, your words give us hope but in all truth being sure about this topic can be sensitive by many. As the requirements for the trophies (speaking exclusively on PSN) you don't need to explicitly being in the leaderboards in order to obtain them, just the requirements for each one, so then why is a "hidden" feat one must concrete in the version as Ness comments? Also, you only mention that your friend only signed out from PSN, but that doesn't necessarily follow from being completely offline, which is the discussion here. You can be signed out but still have Internet connection, then I can't see if the trophies are 100% offline attainable. Pretty interesting, but I guess anyone concerned about this should be good informed to tackle this before December 31st to be sure. 

Just a word of warning, it seems that the tests use main game progress, so your health, abilities all that are tied to your main game progress. So while you might be able to do it with low health and no runes it's going to be very difficult

I'm trying to finish the main story and unlock all skills so I can try My luck with these 2 leaderboard trophies before the shutdown just to be on the safe side...

a lot of talking here and there without confirming or solid prove , some players say it's online and it'll be affected and others say No !!

My advice: do it now while you still can ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

I'm trying to finish the main story and unlock all skills so I can try My luck with these 2 leaderboard trophies before the shutdown just to be on the safe side...

a lot of talking here and there without confirming or solid prove , some players say it's online and it'll be affected and others say No !!

My advice: do it now while you still can 1f605.png

dude, there is literally a post above yours that confirms that it is not necessary to be connected online to get the trophy. Also, no one has written in this thread that you need to be online to get it.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

From the trueachievements site: 

Hex Fox said:

"Just wondering are there any other updates on this? As in whether or not people have been able to trigger the other achievements offline without posting to the leader boards?"

T Vawd said:

"I can confirm that you must post to the leaderboard to get the achievement. The servers have been intermittently been going down over the last few days. When I finished the Lord of the Ring achievement yesterday, I got a message that said the leaderboards were down, but that my score would be uploaded at a later time. The achievement didn't pop even though I was online and connected to Xbox Live. Later when their servers were back up and running and I tried connecting to the servers, it popped immediately when it connected to the leaderboard."

I guess it's different on Xbox then. I only have those two achievements left on Xbox One, Guess I'll start there :).

i started the wrong version first. i'll just have to finish this one within a week. leaves the other 3 for the other.

i admit it is right. no vendetta in ps3 version :(.

than i can have any time left in the month to finish up games for the new year.

Edited by kingdrake2

6 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

I've read a guide on FB that states Vendetta isn't only trophy in the game that require online play. It seems each DLC has one additional online trophy, The Hunt is my Mistress being one of them. Anyone can confirm that? 

That is fake news, because there are no online trophies at all in the PS4 versions of the DLC but the DLCs for XB1 version do have online achievements so will become uncompleteable once the servers close.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That is fake news, because there are no online trophies at all in the PS4 versions of the DLC but the DLCs for XB1 version do have online achievements so will become uncompleteable once the servers close.

Yeah, now i know. But WB themselves said those two achievements are online related. They forgot to mention that on XOne only, because you can't unlock achievements there while offline. PS4 doesn't have that problem and i read a post here from one guy that actually did it offline. Either way, i don't want to test my luck. Can't afford another Hitman Absolution and Grand Kingdom

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

11 hours ago, ChromeSaw said:

You can still do them after the shutdown, as mentioned multiple times above

This^

There are a lot of rumours, lies and fake news surrounding the DLC trophies for this game, despite the fact it has been proved multiple times there is only 1 online trophy in the entire game if you have the PS4 version. Only the XB1 version has online DLC trophies and that's purely down to the bonkers way the system is coded.

The BS surrounding this game, stems from WB Support not having a clue what they are talking about and just assume the PS4, PC and XB1 all work exactly the same way, when they don't but it doesn't help that several "news" outlets (and I use that term loosely) keep regurgitating the same long debunked article instead of doing a modicum of basic research into the facts instead of automatically believing what they're told ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

Here's a handy hint for anyone going for this game now. Keep the Sword quest on the first map where you have to kill a Ghul Matron until you are at hunt number 9, I believe. The one for a Ghul Matron. Otherwise you'll have to spawn one randomly on the map which has been a bit of an issue for me so far. :S

I figured out what I was doing wrong. Ghul mounds spawn at night. If you kill all the Ghuls then the event stops but if you leave the last couple Ghuls then they will return to the mound and bring reinforcements. Repeat that process 2 or 3 times and you should get two Ghul Matrons spawn as well. They can be killed in one shot with the Shadow Strike Kill. Still easier to leave that sword mission with the guaranteed Ghul Matron encounter.

Edited by Metal Slime King