Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

For those who are wondering whether the dlcs of the game Shadow of Mordor work or not, i can confirm that they are achievable without being online so you can still unlock those trophies. You only can't upload your score on leaderboard that is and i can confirm this on Goty version as i completed it twice.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Yeah, now i know. But WB themselves said those two achievements are online related. They forgot to mention that on XOne only, because you can't unlock achievements there while offline. PS4 doesn't have that problem and i read a post here from one guy that actually did it offline.

So that explains a lot! I always thought that Microsoft regret their choice to make Xbox One fully online as you couldn't play without an internet connection. I guess they didn't scap that at all and they let leftovers around the table then. So welp, I guess we PS4 users are safe. In this whole thread, 6 persons have confirmed that the trophies pop while being offline.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, just caught the news, can you please do me a favor a do me a quick recap:

- Are the three lists affected?

- What trophies will be obtainable? Are some going to be very hard to get after the closure?

- What general steps should I follow to make it quick if I were to start now from scratch?

I kind of made a big pause in my trophy hunting but I don't want to miss out on these ones, wanted to play it but never got around to do it... Thank you if you can provide me with these info.

8 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Hello, just caught the news, can you please do me a favor a do me a quick recap:

- Are the three lists affected?

- What trophies will be obtainable? Are some going to be very hard to get after the closure?

- What general steps should I follow to make it quick if I were to start now from scratch?

I kind of made a big pause in my trophy hunting but I don't want to miss out on these ones, wanted to play it but never got around to do it... Thank you if you can provide me with these info.

The servers are closing for all 3 versions but the PS3 release doesn't have any online trophies and never got the DLCs either, because the devs disowned that version of the game. The only Platinum related trophy affected by the shutdown, is Repaid in Blood - all other trophies will remain 100% obtainable after the servers close.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Just now, HuntingFever said:

The servers are closing for all 3 versions but the PS3 release doesn't have any online trophies and never got the DLCs either, because the devs disowned that version of the game. The only trophies affected by the shutdown, are Repaid in Blood and the Platinum - all other trophies will remain 100% obtainable after the servers close.

Thanks a lot, so no other trophies will be affected even slightly? Shouldn't be too hard I guess.

51 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Thanks a lot, so no other trophies will be affected even slightly? Shouldn't be too hard I guess.

Two DLC trophies will be unobtainable for the Xbox version of the game as for some reason they have to be connected to the leaderboard for it to unlock, but it doesn't effect the Sony version as they have has been tested in offline mode.

The Repaid in Blood trophy can be got within an hour or 2 of the campaign as long as you stick to doing story missions until they start appearing. I go into a little more detail in the GOTY version of this post.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BacklogGamer964 said:

Are the servers down already? I started this tonight in the hopes of being able to grab the "Repaid in Blood" trophy because everything I read said it wasn't shutting down until next week. Yet I'm almost done with the first area, and the Vendetta missions aren't unlocking for me.

No, the servers don't go offline until Dec 31st.

16 hours ago, BacklogGamer964 said:

Are the servers down already? I started this tonight in the hopes of being able to grab the "Repaid in Blood" trophy because everything I read said it wasn't shutting down until next week. Yet I'm almost done with the first area, and the Vendetta missions aren't unlocking for me.

I'm still getting vendetta missions showing up and "your death has been avenged" messages. 

On 28/11/2020 at 6:53 AM, HuntingFever said:

Are you absolutely 100% sure about that? I ask, because multiple users here have confirmed there are no online trophies in the DLCs (at least not on the PS4), plus WB Support are well known for not having a clue what they're talking about.

Exactly, I recall their support scaring people on other trophies when emailing them about Mad Max Shutdown too. Plus it's already know Xbox Achievements work differently to shutdowns then PS4 trophies. They probably have to give the same generic it won't answer to anyone who asks.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 12/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, BacklogGamer964 said:

The connection to the servers can be flaky initially in the sequel Shadow of War, you could try the same procedure in Shadow of Mordor and see if maybe you just haven't been connecting because of an error. Open the game, load up your save, then tap the PS button to minimize the game. Go to settings, network, and run an internet test. After I did that one time I never had a problem connecting to the Shadow of War servers again, perhaps that will fix your Shadow of Mordor connection.

Edited by Guardian_owl

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is it too late to start?

No. I don't think the Vendetta missions show up until after you do the first Ratbag mission. That's only about an hour or so into the main story missions. They should show up quickly after that. Complete one and you can do the rest 100% offline. 

Also, I completed both "The Hunt is My Mistress" and "The Lord of the Ring" with my internet disconnected so I can guarantee they're attainable offline. They pop the instant you fulfill all requirements even before the prompt to upload a score. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thistleboy said:

No. I don't think the Vendetta missions show up until after you do the first Ratbag mission. That's only about an hour or so into the main story missions. They should show up quickly after that. Complete one and you can do the rest 100% offline. 

Also, I completed both "The Hunt is My Mistress" and "The Lord of the Ring" with my internet disconnected so I can guarantee they're attainable offline. They pop the instant you fulfill all requirements even before the prompt to upload a score. 

I got it before the ratbag mission. (atleast I believe I did).

Not that that really matters, just play through the game and they will pop up. :)

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I got it before the ratbag mission. (atleast I believe I did).

Not that that really matters, just play through the game and they will pop up. :)

OK, I didn't get any until the first Ratbag mission and then they were constantly popping up after that. Hopefully means people going for "Repaid in Blood" should be able to get it sooner than I did. 

On 26-12-2020 at 4:29 AM, BacklogGamer964 said:

Vendetta's become available when you go up a tier in the Power bar.

Just did it myself on my other account and it gives a messages that Vendetta missions are available.

So if there is no red lock on the 2nd row (with critical strike, last chance finisher, throwing daggers, brutalize, pin in place, stealth drain) you should be able to get Vendetta missions.

Edited by Gray-Fox47
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gray-Fox47 said:

Vendetta's become available when you go up a tier in the Power bar.

I could be wrong here but I actually think it's either dependent on which version you're playing (standard or GOTY) or it's just random for every person at which point in the game it unlocks, in my initial playthrough of the standard edition after the first Ratbag mission it didn't seem to unlock as I had been advancing time ~20 times afterwards and still nothing so I continued on with the main story and immediately unlocked them after entering the second area of the game. I'm now running through GOTY edition and I immediately unlocked it (with just one "advance time") after clearing the first Ratbag mission, with only the first row of talents unlocked still.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, BacklogGamer964 said:

I think several factors are in play when it comes to Repaid in Blood.  Only four of my friends had played the game before me, and the opportunity for a vendetta mission didn't appear, on either the GOTY or the standard game, for several hours, which is a few hours more than some have quoted (1-2).  Focus on the yellow and red, fast travel frequently, and give it time.

55 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I think several factors are in play when it comes to Repaid in Blood.  Only four of my friends had played the game before me, and the opportunity for a vendetta mission didn't appear, on either the GOTY or the standard game, for several hours, which is a few hours more than some have quoted (1-2).  Focus on the yellow and red, fast travel frequently, and give it time.

It highly depends who you have playing it. I have over 400 people on my list and every Vendetta I had gotten was from the same person on my list depsite others on my list playing it as well. Though it's hard to tell I believe due to this it either assigns a genetic "partner" from your friends list. Or someone else killed the target of the Vendetta mission before you can. Snuffing the mission.