Cross-save Trophies from PS4 to PS5

Anke

Does anyone have any idea how the trophies will work when utilising a cross-save?

If I start the game on my PS4 and then move to the upgraded PS5 version does it still keep unlocking PS4 trophies or will it start pinging PS5 ones?

Edited by Anke

I don't think we'll know until we see what the PS5 trophy situation is like. Although over the last few generations, Ubisoft games have almost never shared a trophy list across platforms. If they share a list here, then nothing will change. But if they don't, I'd expect you to start unlocking PS5 trophies after upgrading.  

But because it'll have cross-save across all platforms, it might not end up being an issue. Since you can freely switch between any platform you have the game for. Presumably trophies will automatically unlock when doing this, or we'd end up with situations where Xbox players bring their progress to Playstation would be locked out of some trophies. 

4 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I don't think we'll know until we see what the PS5 trophy situation is like. Although over the last few generations, Ubisoft games have almost never shared a trophy list across platforms. If they share a list here, then nothing will change. But if they don't, I'd expect you to start unlocking PS5 trophies after upgrading.  

But because it'll have cross-save across all platforms, it might not end up being an issue. Since you can freely switch between any platform you have the game for. Presumably trophies will automatically unlock when doing this, or we'd end up with situations where Xbox players bring their progress to Playstation would be locked out of some trophies. 

It's confusing for sure. I really don't want to have a half-finished trophy list as I will highly likely unplug the PS4 for good when the PS5 arrives at the door.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anke said:

Does anyone have any idea how the trophies will work when utilising a cross-save?

If I start the game on my PS4 and then move to the upgraded PS5 version does it still keep unlocking PS4 trophies or will it start pinging PS5 ones?

As someone who is playing it early and didn't get sent a PS5, I was also wondering this. But yeah we won't know. Hopefully, it'll unlock the trophies on both but I have my doubts.

This is gonna be a very lengthy platinum so I don't want to do it twice. Each territory has a ton of collectibles you need for the platinum. 

I don't know how comparable it is but PS4 MK11 saves transfer to PS5 but it is a whole new trophy list. The Xbox versions of MK11 all share the same achievement list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

As someone who is playing it early and didn't get sent a PS5, I was also wondering this. But yeah we won't know. Hopefully, it'll unlock the trophies on both but I have my doubts.

This is gonna be a very lengthy platinum so I don't want to do it twice. Each territory has a ton of collectibles you need for the platinum. 

I don't know how comparable it is but PS4 MK11 saves transfer to PS5 but it is a whole new trophy list. The Xbox versions of MK11 all share the same achievement list.

I think it is simillar to origins where every location and everything needs to be done. Am I right?

This is basically like what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

The PS4 version has better visuals, better looking water, a vibrant world at 1080p. Havana definitely looked good on the PS4 at 1080p. The PS3 version in comparison is noticeably a bit worse because of the 720p resolution, however there was not a whole lot of difference, since both played at 30 FPS and it was "playable" enough to where there was no noticeable lag or framerate drop.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is basically the same thing. You get 1080p/4K resolution depending on the type of PS4 you have, versus the 4K resolution on the PS5 with *maybe* better framerate.

I don't know. I was disappointed with the Ezio Trilogy on the PS4 because all they did was up the resolution and called it a day. It had bonus features like the live action short film that had Rodrigo Borgia, and that short animated film of Ezio living his final days in isolation. But they weren't enough to keep me impressed.

Valhalla is now what Black Flag was seven years ago. Both games released at the start of a console generation, available on older and newer consoles.

I won't play this for quite some time anyway, since I'm getting tired of the Assassin's Creed formula and the checklist Ubisoft throws in practically every open world game they make.

Edited by Spaz

Games with cross save will most likely share a trophy list between PS4 & PS5. Would be stupid otherwise. If the game does not support cross save it will probably have their own list. That’s what makes most sense. Really hope we won’t have auto pop platinums that ruin leaderboards. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, Anke said:

It's confusing for sure. I really don't want to have a half-finished trophy list as I will highly likely unplug the PS4 for good when the PS5 arrives at the door.

Technically, you could play the Valhalla game as a PS4-BC title, platinum it, and then upgrade if the trophy lists are separate. You have to manually go in and upgrade the title on PS5. 

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

Welp, Exophase is now tracking 2 different trophy lists:

PS4 - 1335pts

https://www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-valhalla-psn/trophies/

PS5 - 1125pts (wtf?)

https://www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-valhalla-psn-2/trophies/

Darn, although both are now saying 1,335 for me.

I've started already on PS4 and really don't fancy playing this one twice, especially with the 600+ collectibles.

This drives me crazy too. I want to play the game now and switch to PS5 on the 19th but I don't want to do everything again on PS5.

I don't mind the two plats but I will get at least one and a broken tracking on PS5 will be the worst case.

For now I will avoid all collection relevant activities (at least the last part of each) and make a manual save before story trophies to load that and finish it on PS5 again if the lists will not sync by loading the savegame (what I'm expecting unfortunately).

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 11:17 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

So I'm still confused, do I lose access to my PS4 version if I upgrade it to PS5? I have it pre-ordered on PSN on PS4 but wanted to make sure I can play it on the PS4 and PS5. I will still use it in another room until I can get a second PS5.

You can still play the PS4 Version on PS5 if you don't upgrade it, Upgrades are completely up to you. I've read that at their Ultimate FAQ.

1 hour ago, deeps_rj said:

You can still play the PS4 Version on PS5 if you don't upgrade it, Upgrades are completely up to you. I've read that at their Ultimate FAQ.

Ok, then I expect, that there can be two versions of Valhalla installed parallel on my PS5. The PS4 one and the PS5 one. And I can launch them independently. So each one will have its own separate trophy list. I wonder if they will use the same savegame. 

I have to say I don’t like that approach Sony took. 
Here the Xbox way look way more convenient to me. 

Edited by Montradon

3 hours ago, Montradon said:

On Xbox they have one achievement list for all platforms (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) if I'm not mistaken?

I have to say I prefer Microsoft's approach because right now with all the different trophy lists, sometimes cross save function and maybe trophy auto-pop it seems like a mess. I hope this gets easier once the PS5 has been released.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Montradon said:

Ok, then I expect, that there can be two versions of Valhalla installed parallel on my PS5. The PS4 one and the PS5 one. And I can launch them independently. So each one will have its own separate trophy list. I wonder if they will use the same savegame. 

my guess is if you want to play the PS4 version again you'll have to uninstall it, then just install the game normally without accepting the PS5 upgrade promo thinggy. 

27 minutes ago, Lymus said:

okay it's confirmed that there is not auto unock for trophies, sad

Please no. I don't want to be stuck with PS4 BC graphics when I get the PS5 just for the trophies...

If it even works that way, which I'm not sure.

Edited by Vanqishd