Post Your Newest PlayStation 5 Game

Dav9834

Not a game, but it is related to my PS5...

mcF9VFH.jpg

GDBo2MEWoAApEMo?format=jpg&name=medium

I find it very stupid that they made the internal SSD so an external one cannot be the primary, since it is soldered.

Therefore, to extend the lifespan of the internal SSD, which if dead will brick the console, I assume, I will use an external one, despite not needing the extra storage.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Razzee-P said:

Not a game, but it is related to my PS5...

mcF9VFH.jpg

GDBo2MEWoAApEMo?format=jpg&name=medium

I find it very stupid that they made the internal SSD so an external one cannot be the primary, since it is soldered.

Therefore, to extend the lifespan of the internal SSD, which if dead will brick the console, I assume, I will use an external one, despite not needing the extra storage.

I have a 160GB SSD from like almost 15 years ago which is the system disk for Windows and has probably been powered on for literally 8 years of it's life and it's still working perfectly. I wouldn't sweat it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

I have a 160GB SSD from like almost 15 years ago which is the system disk for Windows and has probably been powered on for literally 8 years of it's life and it's still working perfectly. I wouldn't sweat it.

I see!

Unfortunately, not all of them are that good.

For example, I have a Hikvision C100 480 GB that has been in use for 3 months and CrystalDiskInfo already accuses its health of being at 92%!

My Xbox 360 Slim has the internal memory enternally corrupted, but I can save the games on the HDD.

I truly hope that Sony invested in a good chip for their consoles, but only over time we'll really see.

• 2 weeks later...